or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III / 3 - Page 12

post #166 of 1647
So I just tried installing the Beta on my old computer...I don't even meet minimum requirements to install....BAHAHAHAHA!

Looks like I will be officially getting a new computer this weekend!
post #167 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

But the open beta is only this weekend, correct?
Also, haven't had the chance to play yet. Broad thoughts?

You are correct. I thought they were opening up until they shut the Beta down on May 1st, but the open beta will actually end on Monday.
post #168 of 1647
man this game crawls on my macbook frown.gif
post #169 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

But the open beta is only this weekend, correct?
Also, haven't had the chance to play yet. Broad thoughts?

fun. a lot of fun. very tactile. slow moving at times, but this is pretty gear-dependent; once you get some higher lvl skills and good weapons you'll be flattening crowds.

its also much more difficult than it was in february when i had beta access. this game will be awesome.
post #170 of 1647

So, is there rampant item duping this time around, as per the usual?

post #171 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post

So, is there rampant item duping this time around, as per the usual?

Time will tell, but I hope not.

I also like the idea when playing with a group, the dropped items you see on your screen are your items and no one else can pick them up. So there isn't a rush of button clicking trying to snag all the items after a boss dies.
post #172 of 1647

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post


Time will tell, but I hope not.
I also like the idea when playing with a group, the dropped items you see on your screen are your items and no one else can pick them up. So there isn't a rush of button clicking trying to snag all the items after a boss dies.

 

Whether or not there's a duping problem will depend on whether or not any character data is stored client-side, as it was in 1 and 2. If it's stored on your computer, it can be duped. If it's stored on the Blizzard servers, it's much harder to dupe.

post #173 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post



Whether or not there's a duping problem will depend on whether or not any character data is stored client-side, as it was in 1 and 2. If it's stored on your computer, it can be duped. If it's stored on the Blizzard servers, it's much harder to dupe.

Even if it is server side, someone out there will find a way to abuse the servers to make duping allowable.

I really hope it doesn't run rampant like in D1 and D2. I never found a Stone of Jordan, Zod rune, etc etc in D2 and I played the hell out of that game. Frustrating, yes, but it's a nice feeling that if playing the game properly, you may never get certain items at all. Keeps the game fresh and enjoyable as you hunt for items.

And with the auction house, I really hope duping is closely monitored by Blizzard. Would hate to see people spend actual cash on items that were duped.
post #174 of 1647
Got to play for literally 5 mins before the server went down.. again.
post #175 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Got to play for literally 5 mins before the server went down.. again.

That's 5 more min than I had today, variety of errors.

I guess this is what beta testing is all about!
post #176 of 1647
I will say it's nothing like D2. It does look "cartoonish" and the HUD is reminiscent of WoW. Also, you do quests, but not like previous quests. It more laid out for you, kind of like a tutorial (you completed this, now go do this and talk to them) uhoh.gif hopefully it's only for the beta.
post #177 of 1647
BASICALLY, in many sense, they adapted a lot of ONLINE MMO's gameplay and UI

It's just better and everything you can ask for from a non-free to play setup
post #178 of 1647
Thread Starter 
fuck.

it is literally impossible to get in.

what a mega fail.
post #179 of 1647
I've been hearing that the "new and improved" Battle.net v. 2 is far from perfect and operational. Wonder what this entails for release day. They did this open weekend test to stress the servers, and it sounds like it's bringing them down quite often.
post #180 of 1647
There's literally going to be millions of people playing D3. This should have been expected.
Edited by hoozah - 4/21/12 at 4:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3