or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's crank out 100,000 pullups this year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's crank out 100,000 pullups this year - Page 44  

post #646 of 925
rest day today body is banged up

had to re-up on aminos too, has decreased the intensity of my workouts since i ran out
Edited by jet - 9/30/12 at 9:30pm
post #647 of 925
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahwho11 View Post

32851 + 30 = 32881

+ 60 = 32941

Jet, what do you use for aminos? I am in love with Scivation's XTend.
post #648 of 925
32941 + 72 = 33013
post #649 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

+ 60 = 32941
Jet, what do you use for aminos? I am in love with Scivation's XTend.

To be honest I don't really keep up with that stuff but I take ON bcaa and glutamine in a preworkout drink and then mix them with my PO shake because that's what a friend recommended I do. I don't entirely trust the supplements market but I've found this combination has helped me work out harder. Do you have a link? I really hate the taste of bcaa powder.
post #650 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post

33013

+ 60 = 33073
post #651 of 925

33073+10 =33083
 

post #652 of 925
33083 + 150 = 33233

New record for palms facing grip for me on the first set, got to 30 and decided to keep going since I felt good tonight and did 58 on the first set.
post #653 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

33083 + 150 = 33233
New record for palms facing grip for me on the first set, got to 30 and decided to keep going since I felt good tonight and did 58 on the first set.

33233 + 107 = 33340

Isn't palms facing in a chin-up? I can do significantly more of those than I can with palms out, since you are using so much more of your arms and chest. Never went to 50, but have gone to 30 easily, and there is no way I can do 30 pullups. How wide are you guys doing your grips? Mine are not the widest, but they are significantly wider than shoulder.
post #654 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

they are significantly wider than shoulder.
this. Only use palms facing for weighted / drop sets.
post #655 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

33233 + 107 = 33340
Isn't palms facing in a chin-up? I can do significantly more of those than I can with palms out, since you are using so much more of your arms and chest. Never went to 50, but have gone to 30 easily, and there is no way I can do 30 pullups. How wide are you guys doing your grips? Mine are not the widest, but they are significantly wider than shoulder.

I do underhand too some nights does that not count? When I do wide lat grip it's as wide as possible those days its only 100-110. I do do a one set max of those if you want? Pull-up is a pull-up I do many variations.
post #656 of 925
My understanding is palms in = chin up, palms out = pull up, which is easier depends on the strength of your biceps relative to your back and forearms, but for most people chins will be a fair bit easier.

Anyway I wasn't aware of this thread so you guys have missed out on a couple k, but will contribute when I remember.
post #657 of 925
Thread Starter 
As OP, I vote that chin-ups count. Mainly because we're nowhere near our goal. biggrin.gif
post #658 of 925
33340 + 15 measly pull-ups = 33355

Still coming off a back injury and can't do much yet
post #659 of 925
You guys are pissing me off I'm going to go as wide as I can tonight and do as many as I can for four sets.
post #660 of 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

33340 + 15 measly pull-ups = 33355
Still coming off a back injury and can't do much yet

33355 + 125 (felt pretty good today, and tomorrow is a rest day) = 33480

lol, Jet is going to be stuck in some wierd Iron Cross configuration. "I can go wider!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Let's crank out 100,000 pullups this year