or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 59

post #871 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Basically. You're getting a big discount up front for them being able to lock you in for 2 years. They more than make up the money on you in the long run.

Yes. These contracts make the phones affordable. I don't really mind being locked in, because two years is not that long. If I'm not happy, I can always jump ship when it's up. Not like I have any desire to be constantly switching carriers otherwise.
post #872 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Basically. You're getting a big discount up front for them being able to lock you in for 2 years. They more than make up the money on you in the long run.

Yes. These contracts make the phones affordable. I don't really mind being locked in, because two years is not that long. If I'm not happy, I can always jump ship when it's up. Not like I have any desire to be constantly switching carriers otherwise.

+1

What I don't like about Verizon is their current data plans, I could keep my unlimited data plan but I would not be able to upgrade at a discount. Not that I use that much data but I don't like having a limit.
post #873 of 4017
Not to mention you can always pay the always declining ETF. A lot easier to swallow than a unsubsidized phone.
post #874 of 4017
Is it true that you can't get the discounted pricing with Verizon anymore if you want to keep your grandfathered plan? That sucks if correct.

I'm still grandfathered in on my AT&T "unlimited" data plan. Who knows when they will finally cut me off.
post #875 of 4017
How much are VZW/AT&T's plans running nowadays? Is SERO still as good a deal as it used to be?
post #876 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Is it true that you can't get the discounted pricing with Verizon anymore if you want to keep your grandfathered plan? That sucks if correct.
I'm still grandfathered in on my AT&T "unlimited" data plan. Who knows when they will finally cut me off.

Doesn't ATT already throttle those with the "unlimited" plan once you go over a certain amount?
post #877 of 4017
SERO's still one of the best plans out, but I know the pricing is not as good as it used to be. They still offer true "unlimited" to new customers which is nice. The trade off? Spotty LTE coverage and a network struggling to find growth in the face of competition.
post #878 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

Doesn't ATT already throttle those with the "unlimited" plan once you go over a certain amount?

They may, but you have to hit well over 3 gigs to even start noticing it. I'm a power user compared to most and I hardly ever reach that high on my data plan.
post #879 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

They may, but you have to hit well over 3 gigs to even start noticing it. I'm a power user compared to most and I hardly ever reach that high on my data plan.

Right now it kicks in at 3gigs. I get a text message if I go over it telling me I will be throttled. I only hit it when I regularly download podcasts over cellular rather than doing it at home (no wifi at work).
post #880 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

They may, but you have to hit well over 3 gigs to even start noticing it. I'm a power user compared to most and I hardly ever reach that high on my data plan.

They definitely do and it's very noticeable. It hits right at 3GB. I've been better at connecting to wifi when I am out and about but the few times I have been throttled it sucks.
post #881 of 4017
Only times I've gone over have been on road trips (streaming Netflix) or before utilizing offline playlists on Spotify.
post #882 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Holding off until I get some IT issues at work answered. Might hold off until next gen Adroids are out in a month or so.
Question: iPhone doods, have you ever tried Swype? This is a huge hesitancy on my part as it rocks.

oh, I forgot about that! Add swype to the list of things that are making me really hope they manage to keep making moderate sized phones.
post #883 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

They definitely do and it's very noticeable. It hits right at 3GB. I've been better at connecting to wifi when I am out and about but the few times I have been throttled it sucks.

I thought the throttling limit was moved up to 5gb with LTE. Hopefully it won't be as noticeable seeing how it's so much faster.
post #884 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Holding off until I get some IT issues at work answered. Might hold off until next gen Adroids are out in a month or so.
Question: iPhone doods, have you ever tried Swype? This is a huge hesitancy on my part as it rocks.

oh, I forgot about that! Add swype to the list of things that are making me really hope they manage to keep making moderate sized phones.

I don't get why iPhones don't have Swype. Must be some licensing thing and Apple doesn't want to pay. Swype is the best thing ever to happen to virtual keyboards.
post #885 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I don't get why iPhones don't have Swype. Must be some licensing thing and Apple doesn't want to pay. Swype is the best thing ever to happen to virtual keyboards.

Nah, its an Apple control-freak issue. They refuse to allow apps that duplicate the functionality of their own design so on one hand you don't have 500 terrible keyboard apps like android does...but you also don't get swype.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home