or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 253

post #3781 of 4017
You may want to go reread that post and it's context within the conversation being had here. confused.gif
post #3782 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

You may want to go reread that post and it's context within the conversation being had here. confused.gif

Since I started this conversation and therefore created the context...
post #3783 of 4017
So, I have a quandary.

I still have my first generation iPhone. I used to use it as a remote for my Apple TV. However the remote app has been upgraded to the point that it will no longer work with iOS 3, Which is where the upgrade path for iPhone first generation system software ends.

So what do I use this thing for now?
post #3784 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

So, I have a quandary.

I still have my first generation iPhone. I used to use it as a remote for my Apple TV. However the remote app has been upgraded to the point that it will no longer work with iOS 3, Which is where the upgrade path for iPhone first generation system software ends.

So what do I use this thing for now?

have you looked into alternate remote apps?
post #3785 of 4017
For Apple TV? That's all I use.
post #3786 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

For Apple TV? That's all I use.

no, different apps for the original iPhone that still may be compatible with iOS 3
post #3787 of 4017
Anyone figure this one out?

When I want to hang up a phone call and press the big red button, it does not respond. My phone call ends in two ways, 1) the other caller hangs up first or 2) i the power / lock button at the top

=S

This is bad when I miss dial.
post #3788 of 4017
is the 5 very different from 4S, physical dimensions aside ? just had a 4S for under a week and I hated it as much as I thought I would (but decided to see what all the boisterous excitement was about)
post #3789 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

is the 5 very different from 4S, physical dimensions aside ? just had a 4S for under a week and I hated it as much as I thought I would (but decided to see what all the boisterous excitement was about)

LTE is fast as fuck, and the chipset is probably a bit faster too - and while the phone is noticeably longer, it's the reduced weight you notice the most. If you handle a 4/4S and a 5 back to back, the 5 seems nearly half the weight. Overall, it's a decent jump from the previous iPhones. I think my battery issues have mostly subsided as well, it just needed time to work itself out.
post #3790 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post


LTE is fast as fuck, and the chipset is probably a bit faster too - and while the phone is noticeably longer, it's the reduced weight you notice the most. If you handle a 4/4S and a 5 back to back, the 5 seems nearly half the weight. Overall, it's a decent jump from the previous iPhones. I think my battery issues have mostly subsided as well, it just needed time to work itself out.

well i said physical dimensions aside, so only network speed is the difference ? and then possibly chipset and battery life ? doesn't seem that different then...
Edited by the shah - 2/19/13 at 8:05am
post #3791 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

well i said physical dimensions aside, so only network speed is the difference ? and then possibly chipset and battery life ? doesn't seem that different then...

 

That is how Apple rolls. Slowly introducing change is either greedy or genius. Most people keep their phones for 2 years so it makes sense to update them slowly so as not to scare people when they're eligible for a new phone.

post #3792 of 4017
Most plebs update their phones every two years. I barley keep a phone for 1.
post #3793 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Most plebs update their phones every two years. I barley keep a phone for 1.

Gotta rack up those points on your gold card.
post #3794 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Most plebs update their phones every two years. I barley keep a phone for 1.

Gotta rack up those points on your gold card.

plain.gif
post #3795 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Gotta rack up those points on your gold card.

laugh.gif Now there's a pleb!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home