or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 251

post #3751 of 4017
A friend of mine only after about a month is having issues with the lock button at the top.
post #3752 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

A friend of mine only after about a month is having issues with the lock button at the top.

Where's Gomestar when you need him?
post #3753 of 4017
playing volleyball with my iPhone
post #3754 of 4017
This is interesting. The stock mail program will not open and just crashes and closes. Rebooted a few times and still happening. Not sure how to fix this.
post #3755 of 4017
use the gmail app like a civilized person
post #3756 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canvas08 View Post

use the gmail app like a civilized person

It's a shame I don't use gmail as I hate it. Good thing I never claimed to be civilized.
post #3757 of 4017
post #3758 of 4017
Apple's in trouble. Jelly Bean is sweet, very sweet. And Google Now is jaw droppingly cool and scary at the same time.

edit: And to all the people who laughed at me here when I was making posts a few years ago on how Linux was going to take over everything....you may now start wiping that egg off your faces. Android with Google Now is cutting MSFT's Metro/8 crap off at the knees.

Good link though Pio...are you considering a Samsung device?
post #3759 of 4017
Seriously. Like I said in the BB 10 thread, the hardware specs game is over. It's all about software, and if iOS 7 isn't refreshingly different and still very functional and intuitive, Apple is F.U.C.K.E.D.
post #3760 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Seriously. Like I said in the BB 10 thread, the hardware specs game is over. It's all about software, and if iOS 7 isn't refreshingly different and still very functional and intuitive, Apple is F.U.C.K.E.D.

I wouldn't say they are fucked, but I think the love affair may soon be ending. Apple learned a long time ago, also, that hardware specs don't matter; otherwise they wouldn't be selling 2010 hardware today for a premium.

I think Google's going to be top dog very soon, with Apple as a close second, and Microsoft very distant third. As far as Blackberry goes....who cares?

(I don't mean 'top dog' in terms of market cap, but most popular/loved devices)
post #3761 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post

I wouldn't say they are fucked, but I think the love affair may soon be ending. Apple learned a long time ago, also, that hardware specs don't matter; otherwise they wouldn't be selling 2010 hardware today for a premium.

I think Google's going to be top dog very soon, with Apple as a close second, and Microsoft very distant third. As far as Blackberry goes....who cares?

I would say they're fucked. There's an element of schadenfreude in seeing Apple no longer being top dog and that negative sentiment-momentum is building up. We only need to see one or two more significant disappointments from Apple to see that spill over and cock-punch them.
post #3762 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post


Good link though Pio...are you considering a Samsung device?

Bought an iPhone 5 to finally give the iPhone a try. My two year old Samsung was in many ways superior to the new iPhone 5. I will probably go back to Samsung in the next cycle, but as that's around a year away, who knows what might be on the scene by then? I do wish I had held out and gotten the next generation Samsung but I'm living with the 5. It's far from a bad phone it's just no where near the iHype.
post #3763 of 4017

Measuring anything using its hype as a benchmark is foolish.

post #3764 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I would say they're fucked. There's an element of schadenfreude in seeing Apple no longer being top dog and that negative sentiment-momentum is building up. We only need to see one or two more significant disappointments from Apple to see that spill over and cock-punch them.

Sitting on that much cash, with as low a multiple as the stock is trading at....I wouldn't count Apple out, but I merit your sentiment in wanting to see them go down.

Of course, as I'm writing this post, I realize I am just as much a Google fanboy so I shouldn't be too harsh on the Apple fans. I...seriously....love....Google.
Quote:
Bought an iPhone 5 to finally give the iPhone a try. My two year old Samsung was in many ways superior to the new iPhone 5. I will probably go back to Samsung in the next cycle, but as that's around a year away, who knows what might be on the scene by then? I do wish I had held out and gotten the next generation Samsung but I'm living with the 5. It's far from a bad phone it's just no where near the iHype.

I'm still torn on the phone side. I have an iPhone 4 that's coming up for renewal in April. Going to Android would be a no brainer....but I do love me some AirPlay since my Pioneer receiver has the capability built in and I actually have grown kind of dependent on it.
post #3765 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Measuring anything using its hype as a benchmark is foolish.

This is fitting as if there's one thing I am known for is being foolish.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home