or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 244

post #3646 of 4017
My laptops screen has been flickering and going black lately. I knew I should have bought the warranty. frown.gif

Has anyone managed to get the upgrade to lion or whatever the new os is, for free through apple?
post #3647 of 4017
It's poopooed.

Appointment tonight was for my standby button. Gonna raise this issue.

I've had it plugged in since 9am using it sparingly at my desk. Hasn't charged more than 5%. Started at 50% now at 55% after a few hours. Usually by now its near 100
post #3648 of 4017
yeah, its fubared
post #3649 of 4017
Oh well. It'll be replaced tonight.
post #3650 of 4017
What's a good pay as you go plan for the iphone 5? ATT's Go Phone? StraightTalk? Other?
post #3651 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

What's a good pay as you go plan for the iphone 5? ATT's Go Phone? StraightTalk? Other?

I'm using T-Mobile. Other than the spotty service down here (due more to lack of towers than quality) its been perfectly fine so far.
post #3652 of 4017
Swapped my phone. Whole process took 8 minutes. Painless.
post #3653 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Swapped my phone. Whole process took 8 minutes. Painless.

Honestly, until Android can approximate something similar, I'm probably going to stick with iPhones all the way. Computers is one thing, we've all got SOME sort of backup. But phones - I'm not waiting 2-3 days to ship my fucking phone off and have a replacement sent to me. Companies really need to get with the program on this.
post #3654 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Honestly, until Android can approximate something similar, I'm probably going to stick with iPhones all the way. Computers is one thing, we've all got SOME sort of backup. But phones - I'm not waiting 2-3 days to ship my fucking phone off and have a replacement sent to me. Companies really need to get with the program on this.

Think it's all depends on what's available where you are. If you've got a neighbourhood Apple Store, then you can just take it to the Genius Bar. On the other hand if there isn't, you'd have to post your iPhone off to Apple, which could take 2-3 days or more. If you buy an Android phone from a local dealer, they should be able to either replace it, or give you a loaner while yours in sent away. Not even all computers have backup, buy it online and something goes wrong with it, you've got to ship it back to the vendor.
post #3655 of 4017
So a few weeks ago I switched over to iPhones from Androids and so far I've been pretty happy. The reason? I took a bunch of photos over the past few months with my Android and every once in a while individual ones disappeared, then over New Year's Eve I took several pictures and videos and they ALL disappeared from my phone. Fuck that shit.

So far I've been pretty happy, but especially with the speed. The text messaging is not as good as the Android, and I'm taking into consideration the learning curve.
post #3656 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I'm using T-Mobile. Other than the spotty service down here (due more to lack of towers than quality) its been perfectly fine so far.

Yeah I think T-Mobile is pretty spotty where I am too. Looks like StraightTalk is the way to go here since they use ATT.
post #3657 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

So a few weeks ago I switched over to iPhones from Androids and so far I've been pretty happy. The reason? I took a bunch of photos over the past few months with my Android and every once in a while individual ones disappeared, then over New Year's Eve I took several pictures and videos and they ALL disappeared from my phone. Fuck that shit.

What make, model and version of Android did it have? So I'll know to avoid it. Also a flaky SD-card can cause pictures to vanish.
post #3658 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

What make, model and version of Android did it have? So I'll know to avoid it. Also a flaky SD-card can cause pictures to vanish.

Oh goodness, I had SO many SD-card issues where my phone would end up deleting any and all saved data. Pathetic. Swapped out three MyTouches that way w/in two months. Never again.

Love my Iphone. Not the perfect phone, but it works when you want it to work.
post #3659 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

My laptops screen has been flickering and going black lately. I knew I should have bought the warranty. frown.gif

Has anyone managed to get the upgrade to lion or whatever the new os is, for free through apple?

This happened on one of my old macbook's. I had a warranty and they fixed it and it didn't cost me a dime. Apparently it needed a "logic board" and would have been expensive to fix without warranty.
post #3660 of 4017
Logic board = motherboard, so yeah. Probably a situation where the graphic chip is soldered on, so they swap out the whole thing. I don't think Apple does replacements on components soldered to the logic/motherboard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home