or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 227

post #3391 of 4017
The vibrate/silent thing bugs me too. When I'm studying/working my phone is on silent. So I use the mute switch. But if I'm on a date I like to keep my phone on vibrate, then I have to go into the setting. Fuck that.
post #3392 of 4017
I put my phone on vibrate while im on a date too. slip it in the front pocket and whatever happens during the actual date, I'm assured of getting at least some action
post #3393 of 4017
Is there a feature or app out there that can password protect my apps after unlocking?

My kids use my phone more and more, but I dont want them looking at my email / SMS history.

Is there a solution for this anyone is aware of?
post #3394 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Basically, this. An extra click to get up to the top, then extra scrolling to go all the way to the bottom AFTER the call if I want to see the last message.

Once you're at the top and want to go back down to the bottom you can tap the text box and it goes down.

iOS has some catching up to do in terms of user friendliness but personally I think it's alright. Then again I've never used Android (only played around with it on friends' phones) so maybe I don't know what I'm missing out. I think the main issue is the iphone only comes with a very basic manual so a lot of the tips and tricks you have to either play around and find for yourself or search online.
post #3395 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Is there a feature or app out there that can password protect my apps after unlocking?

My kids use my phone more and more, but I dont want them looking at my email / SMS history.

Is there a solution for this anyone is aware of?

I need something that can lock my pictures and texts.
post #3396 of 4017
Photo Vault will let you put pics in a password protected folder.
post #3397 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Is there a feature or app out there that can password protect my apps after unlocking?
My kids use my phone more and more, but I dont want them looking at my email / SMS history.
Is there a solution for this anyone is aware of?

I believe there's an app that lets you make protected "folders". I ran across it a while back, but wouldn't be able to tell you any more. Try searching app store for "password" or "protect", those are what I did I believe.
post #3398 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

Photo Vault will let you put pics in a password protected folder.

Too much work. I need my entire picture folder to be locked by default. Not that I have anything bad on my phone but I'll take embarrassing pictures of friends of stupid stuff and don't want random people viewing this.
post #3399 of 4017
Why are random people holding your phone?
post #3400 of 4017
When people ask to borrow my phone. Charity events and someone needs to make a call. Various reasons.
post #3401 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Any word on the charger extension? Just upgraded to a new desk and stock cord cannot reach frown.gif
post #3402 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Any word on the charger extension? Just upgraded to a new desk and stock cord cannot reach frown.gif

Have you considered buying a USB extender?
post #3403 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

I believe there's an app that lets you make protected "folders". I ran across it a while back, but wouldn't be able to tell you any more. Try searching app store for "password" or "protect", those are what I did I believe.

I did some research, it appears there are apps to protect photos and videos,etc. Not what I need.

Locking actual apps, it seems you need a jail broken phone because iphone apps are not allowed to change each other/interact with eachother in this way.

Ideally what I want is to create a folder, have it password protected and just put apps in it that I want to protect. Doesn't seem like this is supported.

Still looking.
post #3404 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I did some research, it appears there are apps to protect photos and videos,etc. Not what I need.
Locking actual apps, it seems you need a jail broken phone because iphone apps are not allowed to change each other/interact with eachother in this way.
Ideally what I want is to create a folder, have it password protected and just put apps in it that I want to protect. Doesn't seem like this is supported.
Still looking.

You know, I was ALL ready to point out that there's a software that I used that does this, but then I looked through my phone and noticed it isn't there any longer. Seems that Apple axed it from the fucking App store. It was called My Secret Folder.
post #3405 of 4017
Fuck apple, it's pleb status.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home