or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 219

post #3271 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I have probably $7 worth of apps on my phone. I'm crazy like that.

That's some next level stuff.

7 USD on apps, gawd you must be a billionaire.

I don't understand the bitching for paid apps, there almost always is a free version you can use.

The only reason I would unlock or whatever they call it, my pine is so that I can use it overseas.

From my understanding Verizon can unlock it for free.
post #3272 of 4017
I have paid for many apps on my iPhone and iPad. Some I regret purchasing, but usually there is a free version to try first. It's just software so I don't see why anyone would be adverted to paying a couple bucks for it just because it's on your cell phone instead of a computer.
post #3273 of 4017
I think $4 of the $7 I spent was because I found the ads annoying and paying removed them.


It was worth it every time.
post #3274 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I think $4 of the $7 I spent was because I found the ads annoying and paying removed them.


It was worth it every time.

+1000000000000000
post #3275 of 4017
The worst are the apps that design the ads to make them easy to click by mistake. It's shady and seems to be a growing trend as developers try and desperately gain some additional revenue.
post #3276 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

The worst are the apps that design the ads to make them easy to click by mistake. It's shady and seems to be a growing trend as developers try and desperately gain some additional revenue.

If it makes you feel better, it's pretty easy to show marketing folks that the traffic that comes from these clicks isn't worth shit on the whole. I get to do it all the time.
post #3277 of 4017
New GMAIL app from Google is all kinds of awesome. The old version on iOS always sucked, but they have done a complete 180 here. If you are a GMAIL user, I would give it a shot. It's got all the functionality you would want and looks amazing. In fact many are arguing that iOS now has a better looking GMAIL app then Android. I noticed it can lag a little on occasion on my iPad 3, but I suspect that it's nothing some optimization wont fix in future updates. Even then it's barely noticeable and the overall usability of the app makes up for it.

This app is SCREAMING for Apple to upen up "defaults" to 3rd party apps. wink.gif
post #3278 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

If it makes you feel better, it's pretty easy to show marketing folks that the traffic that comes from these clicks isn't worth shit on the whole. I get to do it all the time.


Don't even get me started on this. Completely agree that the traffic numbers and benefit provided are grossly overinflated. Probably not the right thread to discuss this topic, but I am curious of the long term impact this will have on the mobile app industry.
post #3279 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

It's got all the functionality you would want and looks amazing.

 

False. You still can't use it as an option for sending pictures, contacts etc.

post #3280 of 4017
Did you read the last sentence of my post?
post #3281 of 4017
Pictures?

vagemusa.jpg
post #3282 of 4017

I did but didn't know what it meant satisfied.gif You outed your own hyperbole!

post #3283 of 4017
Oh does he mean within the app or as a default?

If the latter, that's a hindrance imposed by apple.
post #3284 of 4017
It's a great mail app if you are a user of Gmail, but yes you still can't set it as a default. That's in Apple's court and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see that as a change soon. Maybe in iOS 7.
post #3285 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

New GMAIL app from Google is all kinds of awesome. The old version on iOS always sucked, but they have done a complete 180 here. If you are a GMAIL user, I would give it a shot. It's got all the functionality you would want and looks amazing. In fact many are arguing that iOS now has a better looking GMAIL app then Android. I noticed it can lag a little on occasion on my iPad 3, but I suspect that it's nothing some optimization wont fix in future updates. Even then it's barely noticeable and the overall usability of the app makes up for it.
This app is SCREAMING for Apple to upen up "defaults" to 3rd party apps. wink.gif

Was surprised by how big of a change this was. So far, very happy with the update. Only complaint is that it seems like there's a fair amount of white space and fewer messages fit on screen - wish it had the cozy/comfortable/compact options that the website offers. Definitely a step in the right direction, though.

Now pls give us a picasa app, google!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home