or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 181

post #2701 of 4017
Everybody in the store was nice enough, even if some of the responses were laughable.

I was slightly annoyed that the guy helping me was simultaneously helping someone else who was having trouble with his MacBook or whatever they're calling those laptops, and he would switch between the two of us as this guy's laptop would reboot and such. It just felt kind of rude.

Also the other guy was a furriner and was getting text messages in Arabic and because I am a big racist I wondered what the guy was using all that technology for.
post #2702 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

Also on Sprint, also don't love the battery life. I think I quoted an article saying the iPhone 5 tested out almost as well as the Motorola RAZR Maxx in real world battery life; in my experience, it's not even close (but I am comparing iPhone 5 on Sprint to RAZR on VZW).


I wonder if that's related to the issue I pointed out before that these phones use more power when in weak LTE areas. The antenna needs the extra juice to constantly search for towers and keep the signal strong. Sprint has the worst (least built out) LTE network of the three, so this makes sense in that regard.
post #2703 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Everybody in the store was nice enough, even if some of the responses were laughable.
I was slightly annoyed that the guy helping me was simultaneously helping someone else who was having trouble with his MacBook or whatever they're calling those laptops, and he would switch between the two of us as this guy's laptop would reboot and such. It just felt kind of rude.

Also the other guy was a furriner and was getting text messages in Arabic and because I am a big racist I wondered what the guy was using all that technology for.

I've had them multitask with other customers before. Usually when they were waiting on my hardware to finish an update or something. If the guy was putting you off to help someone else, then that is kind of rude.
post #2704 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I wonder if that's related to the issue I pointed out before that these phones use more power when in weak LTE areas. The antenna needs the extra juice to constantly search for towers and keep the signal strong. Sprint has the worst (least built out) LTE network of the three, so this makes sense in that regard.

I spend the majority of my day on wifi, but I wonder the same. When not on wifi, the RAZR is almost always on LTE; the iPhone basically never is.
post #2705 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Everybody in the store was nice enough, even if some of the responses were laughable.
I was slightly annoyed that the guy helping me was simultaneously helping someone else who was having trouble with his MacBook or whatever they're calling those laptops, and he would switch between the two of us as this guy's laptop would reboot and such. It just felt kind of rude.

Also the other guy was a furriner and was getting text messages in Arabic and because I am a big racist I wondered what the guy was using all that technology for.

I've had them multitask with other customers before. Usually when they were waiting on my hardware to finish an update or something. If the guy was putting you off to help someone else, then that is kind of rude.

When I read that I thought why bother with appointments?
post #2706 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

I spend the majority of my day on wifi, but I wonder the same. When not on wifi, the RAZR is almost always on LTE; the iPhone basically never is.


Razr is the work phone right? Do you thing the discrepancy could be in part related to the fact you may use one of the devices more then the other?
post #2707 of 4017
My Verizon phone was roaming a lot this weekend.
post #2708 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Razr is the work phone right? Do you thing the discrepancy could be in part related to the fact you may use one of the devices more then the other?

Yes, and I absolutely use them for different things. RAZR is used for several hours of calls per day, one to several hours of streaming Pandora, and checking some email. iPhone is used mainly for texting, playing games, personal email, and internet. At the end of the day, RAZR has way more juice left.

It's really not a fair comparison. I've just been much happier with the battery life of the RAZR. Then again, it's a much larger phone.
post #2709 of 4017
True. The size of the phones can't be compared. I'm just happy to hear that Android phones are starting to get respectable battery life. It was always one of the sticking points for the platform as they under-performed in this area compared to iOS devices. Sounds like that may no longer the case. smile.gif
post #2710 of 4017
post #2711 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

True. The size of the phones can't be compared. I'm just happy to hear that Android phones are starting to get respectable battery life. It was always one of the sticking points for the platform as they under-performed in this area compared to iOS devices. Sounds like that may no longer the case. smile.gif

Well, iPhone 5 is doing it with a 1440 mAh battery, while the Razr is 3300 mAh. Galaxy S3 comes in at 2100 mAh, IIRC.
post #2712 of 4017
Very good point.
post #2713 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

SCUFF-GATE 2012, it's real.

oh my!!

I know I know, and my power button is making a little noise. plain.gif

...

Does anyone else keep apps off of the first page, you know so you can appreciate your wallpaper and all.
post #2714 of 4017
I hate having a full page of apps. I try to keep only the top 1/2 to 1/3 of a page full. I don't have many apps in general though so it's not a big deal.
post #2715 of 4017
I keep only two rows of apps on my first few screens.

Speaking of which, why can't I place things randomly? Like one app in each corner? Also, why do the screens not circle back through vs. having to back all the way out from right to left?

I installed a virtual desktop type thing where I just hit my home button and seven screens would appear and you just tap the screen you want. So I had all news apps/widgets on one screen, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home