or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 151

post #2251 of 4017
box seal looks scuffed
post #2252 of 4017
When you set up your iPhone five, Did you set it up as a new phone, or did you back up from your old phone?
post #2253 of 4017
Hmmm, very undecided. Okay, with an Android. you text me and a nice picture of you pops up. Not so with iPhone.

iCloud...how do I upload a playlist from my iTunes so only that playlist will hit my phone?
post #2254 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Damn, look what appeared on my doorstep.
2012-10-05173005.jpg

FANBOI
post #2255 of 4017
Second day with the phone. 100% not a fanboi. I think I've made a costly mistake here.
post #2256 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Second day with the phone. 100% not a fanboi. I think I've made a costly mistake here.



Thank you for calling the Genius Bar. How can I help?
post #2257 of 4017
Do not like the email client, the texting features, how do I mark an inbox "all read", why can't I seem to drop individual email accounts onto my home screen as starters.

Also, the screens are far less vivid and harder to read than my Samsung. It's fair heavier than my Samsung. Screen is sort of narrow vs. my Samsung. And this is a 2 year old Samsung that this new phone is not measuring up to.
post #2258 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Do not like the email client, the texting features, how do I mark an inbox "all read", why can't I seem to drop individual email accounts onto my home screen as starters.

Also, the screens are far less vivid and harder to read than my Samsung. It's fair heavier than my Samsung. Screen is sort of narrow vs. my Samsung. And this is a 2 year old Samsung that this new phone is not measuring up to.

it seems that you want to actually be able to do things, and customize things. good luck lol8[1].gif
post #2259 of 4017
Had to google the "all read" question as I have never needed that feature on the go. Tested this and it seems to work. Hope I didn't miss any unread emails doing this. shog[1].gif

http://lifehacker.com/5916375/how-to-mark-all-emails-as-read-on-your-iphone-with-one-simple-trick

What do you mean drop email accounts to home screen? You want a direct link to each individual account?

What Samsung do you have? The iPhone 5 is likely more narrow, but the screens Apple uses are some of the best on the market. Color reproduction and DPI are top notch. You can always adjust the brightness. Otherwise I'm not sure what to say here. Maybe you are not used to it, but everyone's eyes are different.
post #2260 of 4017
Let's just take one item: texting.

My two year old Samsung, when you open texts, has a scrollable list of my ongoing conversations with a picture of that person on the left margin. Makes finding a conversation in that list easy. Tap it and a nice, easy to read text window pops up with the person's picture anchored at the top of the page along with their name and/or phone numbers. IPhone is a washed out, Gattaca type screen, no pictures. Tap the conversation (which I can't identify easily with a picture) and you do not get a nice picture of the person and the text bubbles are washed out.
post #2261 of 4017
nm
post #2262 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Let's just take one item: texting.

My two year old Samsung, when you open texts, has a scrollable list of my ongoing conversations with a picture of that person on the left margin. Makes finding a conversation in that list easy. Tap it and a nice, easy to read text window pops up with the person's picture anchored at the top of the page along with their name and/or phone numbers. IPhone is a washed out, Gattaca type screen, no pictures. Tap the conversation (which I can't identify easily with a picture) and you do not get a nice picture of the person and the text bubbles are washed out.


Yeah, pictures would be nice. They have that on the iPad, but never brought it to the iPhone. It has not bothered me, but I can see why you would miss it coming from the Android.

I like how the text bubbles look, but that's personal preference.

Otherwise, you do get a scrollable list of conversations, etc.

The iMessage app is not perfect, but it works and I like the features you get when talking to other iOS users.
post #2263 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Also what do you not like about the texting features vs what you had before?

What I said above.


Thanks for that work around but what a fucking hassle. How do people walk around with your email client showing hundreds of unread messages? I mean, the idea is, you can just hit "all read" and now you can easily identify incoming messages that are unread.

On my Samsung the native email client presents a nice tabbed screen for each email account, like the tabs at the top of a browser window. Also, you can drop an individual account onto your homescreen, which I do with my work account so it's easy to access during the work week and I won't inadvertently open it on the weekend and annoy myself over work.
post #2264 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Let's just take one item: texting.

My two year old Samsung, when you open texts, has a scrollable list of my ongoing conversations with a picture of that person on the left margin. Makes finding a conversation in that list easy. Tap it and a nice, easy to read text window pops up with the person's picture anchored at the top of the page along with their name and/or phone numbers. IPhone is a washed out, Gattaca type screen, no pictures. Tap the conversation (which I can't identify easily with a picture) and you do not get a nice picture of the person and the text bubbles are washed out.


Yeah, pictures would be nice. They have that on the iPad, but never brought it to the iPhone. It has not bothered me, but I can see why you would miss it coming from the Android.

I like how the text bubbles look, but that's personal preference.

Otherwise, you do get a scrollable list of conversations, etc.

The iMessage app is not perfect, but it works and I like the features you get when talking to other iOS users.

Not being rude or snarky but "it works" is fucking garbage compared to a) the hype and b) what my two year old Samsung has.

I am seriously going to read how much it will cost me to return this and will decide from there.
post #2265 of 4017
there's another email client app called Sparrow

of course apple don't let you make it default app ... and i don't think its free but i got it through cydia or installous anyway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home