or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 145

post #2161 of 4017
I thought the iPhone 5 was a "world" phone...
post #2162 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post

I thought the iPhone 5 was a "world" phone...

 

It is. You would need to get it unlocked to use another carrier's SIM card.

post #2163 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Definitely can get out of it for just the fee (and any unpaid balances)...no need to keep paying for the life of the contract (if so, why would you pay the ETF? Just pay monthly and pretend you are still a customer).

Another thing to keep in mind is that if he is moving overseas, he will probably need a new phone. In that case, selling the phone should more than make up for any early termination fees (which to be fair, are fees designed to help the carrier recoup the cost of the phone).


This is what I thought and the links I provided seem to back up. That's why I was so surprised when he told me what the sales reps in the store informed him. It's the very reason he passed on the phone that day. Amazing how ill-informed staff can be at some of these carrier stores.

You are right that selling an iPhone 5 within a year would make up most of any ETF. That's another good point to consider.
post #2164 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post

I thought the iPhone 5 was a "world" phone...

You can get it unlocked and use it in most places...but the frequencies won't always match up with the local carriers so while voice will definitely work, 4G and even 3G might not work depending on the phone version.
post #2165 of 4017
okay thanks guys, ignore my gmail problem. plain.gif
post #2166 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

okay thanks guys, ignore my gmail problem. plain.gif


I don't have an answer for you.
post #2167 of 4017
You let me down man. frown.gif
post #2168 of 4017
I'm only human. frown.gif
post #2169 of 4017
okay back to the iPhone.

Have you bought one yet?
post #2170 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I'm only human. frown.gif

It's okay, Ill let this slide. wink.gif
post #2171 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post


Plus, I heard you can get out of these carrier contracts if you move out of the normal service areas. Wouldn't overseas count as that?

+1
post #2172 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I fucking hate text messages. Everybody uses them, expects you use them too. I finally just buckled and bought unlimited texts, which is like $20/month, because I have been getting so many that the 200/month plan was blowing out and costing me even more. Ugh.

I have unlimited fucking data but I'm paying $20/month plus taxes for this archaic, text-only, zero-bandwidth form of primitive communication, because of the fucking herd.

ffffuuuu.gif

iMessage?

You could use an google voice or whatsapp if you don't want to pay for the extra texts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Definitely can get out of it for just the fee (and any unpaid balances)...no need to keep paying for the life of the contract (if so, why would you pay the ETF? Just pay monthly and pretend you are still a customer).

Another thing to keep in mind is that if he is moving overseas, he will probably need a new phone. In that case, selling the phone should more than make up for any early termination fees (which to be fair, are fees designed to help the carrier recoup the cost of the phone).


This is what I thought and the links I provided seem to back up. That's why I was so surprised when he told me what the sales reps in the store informed him. It's the very reason he passed on the phone that day. Amazing how ill-informed staff can be at some of these carrier stores.

You are right that selling an iPhone 5 within a year would make up most of any ETF. That's another good point to consider.

never believe the sales reps at phone stores, IMO they all suck.

I was talking to a girl at the Verizon store and she mentioned how tech savvy she was, how she built a her own gaming machine and downloads all the time. I asked her how big her HDD was and she said 1TB. plain.gif I had 10 TB in my machine when I was in high school and a graphics card that made fat girls look pretty, plus the 16 GB of ram. cool.gif

oh and dont get me started on the blue LEDs on my fans, power source, motherboard. and the wiring was just...inlove.gif
post #2173 of 4017
post #2174 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I fucking hate text messages. Everybody uses them, expects you use them too. I finally just buckled and bought unlimited texts, which is like $20/month, because I have been getting so many that the 200/month plan was blowing out and costing me even more. Ugh.
I have unlimited fucking data but I'm paying $20/month plus taxes for this archaic, text-only, zero-bandwidth form of primitive communication, because of the fucking herd.
ffffuuuu.gif

Dictate your text messages.
post #2175 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

never believe the sales reps at phone stores, IMO they all suck.
I was talking to a girl at the Verizon store and she mentioned how tech savvy she was, how she built a her own gaming machine and downloads all the time. I asked her how big her HDD was and she said 1TB. plain.gif I had 10 TB in my machine when I was in high school and a graphics card that made fat girls look pretty, plus the 16 GB of ram. cool.gif
oh and dont get me started on the blue LEDs on my fans, power source, motherboard. and the wiring was just...inlove.gif

Fuckin' nerd.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home