or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 5 - Page 121

post #1801 of 4017
Why are people bitching about the map still? There is a perfectly good google maps app.
post #1802 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Why are people bitching about the map still? There is a perfectly good google maps app.

i didn't see this in the app store.
post #1803 of 4017
If you go to google maps in safari it lets you download it off the site
post #1804 of 4017
got it, thanks.




the whole buildings view on the new maps is pretty sweet, but it takes forever to load on my 4S when I'm not on wifi.
post #1805 of 4017
Is that a real native app? Not just a bookmark to the webapp on your home-screen? It's always prompted you to do that, I believe.
post #1806 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think the biggest shortcoming of Siri is having to physically press buttons to engage in a question. If my hands are already on my phone I am just so much more likely to do whatever I need by myself. I think it would be cool if you can just address her and she knows your voice and it wakes your phone. A lot more useful, imo.

You can activate Siri by pressing and holding the home button so there is just one step . Press and hold the center button on the headset.
post #1807 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Is that a real native app? Not just a bookmark to the webapp on your home-screen? It's always prompted you to do that, I believe.

Well it works exactly like the old google maps app
post #1808 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think the biggest shortcoming of Siri is having to physically press buttons to engage in a question. If my hands are already on my phone I am just so much more likely to do whatever I need by myself. I think it would be cool if you can just address her and she knows your voice and it wakes your phone. A lot more useful, imo.

Lots of people have wanted this since Siri went live. The problem is battery drain, it'll need to keep the mic powered at all times in order for this feature to work. I don't think Siri is useful enough yet to make that sacrifice in battery life.

post #1809 of 4017
I never see people talking to their phone. And if I did, I would be worried. Let alone the annoying part, imagine everyone just babbling orders.. (not Siri-related, because Android has had it before too)
post #1810 of 4017
If you say to Siri, "What time will the sun set today" will it give you an appropriate answer?
post #1811 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If you say to Siri, "What time will the sun set today" will it give you an appropriate answer?

i just tested this. She told me that the sun with set at 7:13 PM today.
post #1812 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i just tested this. She told me that the sun with set at 7:13 PM today.

update, and I did it for Piob-town and got an answer.
post #1813 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Is that a real native app? Not just a bookmark to the webapp on your home-screen? It's always prompted you to do that, I believe.

Web app
post #1814 of 4017
I tried that 10 pm shit mentioned here and it didnt work.
post #1815 of 4017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i just tested this. She told me that the sun with set at 7:13 PM today.

update, and I did it for Piob-town and got an answer.

Cool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home