or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 65

post #961 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16-Ton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So if you were referring to me it is your position that I am defending Z and that something here poses a threat to me?

All I know is you don't like what I'm saying. You haven't said much that makes much of an argument for Z either way. My construction is that because you support Z you like the status quo and feel you can continually demand why there should be a different result (+ call anyone wants a change names) because it's universally absurd that it could go any other way. If that is so, if it literally makes no sense that this case could ever result in a prosecution of Z, then you hardly need to worry. I don't see why you would get personal or angry over something that's an impossibility because it makes no sense?

If you have some other position, let me know. I am not making you guess.

I have told you what I would like to see happen, that I do not know all the facts, that I am prepared to abide by the reinvestigation into the situation and that the law needs to be repealed or rewritten. I have further said that I keep an open mind but for the moment, I believe Z is a bully, a liar and a homicide; one that was enabled by some sort of frontier justice law which is producing a lot of extra tragic outcomes. If you find those positions offensive, I simply don't know what to tell you.

Yes, that bolded statement is completely consistent with an open mind. rolleyes.gif

Btw, I do like what you are saying. I am finding endless entertainment value in it.
Quote:
My construction is that because you support Z...

Can you just give me one quote where I said anything remotely in support of Z? You do realize that just because I think you're an idiot this does not mean I automatically support Z? In fact, if you actually bothered to actually read and comprehend my posts, you would see I have quite clearly stated my position on Z and his actions. You just cannot get past the fact I do not agree with your idiotic (rolling revision) positions.

I would still like you to enuciate what threat I am being posed in this thread. Is it the same threat Trayvon faced? Should I be concerned?
post #962 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I'm not clear what you were referring to in terms of it meaning "clean-y". Is that what it means in Urdu?

The name Pakistan literally means Land of (the) Pure in Urdu and Persian, made up of "pak" which means pure (and also, in contemporary language, "clean") and -istan, or place, land, etc.

The "i" at the end of Paki is a suffix, and this is also seen in English, like taking flower -> flowery. So I tried to show that but it didn't come across well. Though it's not really an adjective, Pak-i, but more an attributive noun I guess ?

Wow so far off topic shog[1].gif
post #963 of 6250
That's okay there's no point staying on topic here anyway.
post #964 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Can we all put 16-ton on ignore? He is cluttering the thread with stupidity and blatant trolling.

I mean this is a thread about an explosive, national issue. You can put me on ignore but the issue won't go away.

maybe I just don't understand the culture on this forum. I thought we were airing our opinions and discussing the Zimmerman case? How is what I'm saying stupid or trolling. There seems to be several people here who keep asserting that what I am saying is trolling, that it's stupid, that I need to explain, that they don't need to explain, reserve the right to play games with their positions, insinuate I have some motive. Why do I have to come up with some sort of special argument that you all agree with? I came into this thread because mafoofan claimed you can never assume racism in the USA which he doesn't seem to believe himself. Now I'm friends with jovyn and I'm stupid. Is this how you people run your lives? If you don't like something, it's stupid? Good luck in your day jobs guys.

If It's so stupid and no one supports Z, then why is it winding anyone up?
post #965 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yes, that bolded statement is completely consistent with an open mind. rolleyes.gif
Btw, I do like what you are saying. I am finding endless entertainment value in it.
Can you just give me one quote where I said anything remotely in support of Z? You do realize that just because I think you're an idiot this does not mean I automatically support Z? In fact, if you actually bothered to actually read and comprehend my posts, you would see I have quite clearly stated my position on Z and his actions. You just cannot get past the fact I do not agree with your idiotic (rolling revision) positions.
I would still like you to enuciate what threat I am being posed in this thread. Is it the same threat Trayvon faced? Should I be concerned?

Can you simply retell me here what you believe? Why are revisions idiotic? You don't want me to change my mind ever? The news is constantly changing on this. I don't know what you're threatened by, you tell me. You're making a lot of personal comments which don't bother me but they hardly pass for a mature discussion. I have laid out my thoughts and gotten a few no, never, you don't know anything reactions which reminds me of know it all lawyers who are stuck on technical rubbish and are bad at seeing actual trends.

If the culture here at styleforum is that everyone's stupid when someone doesn't like what someone is saying or they don't think someone has the perfect argument, then that's not good for the forum. I haven't seen a lot of arguments in Zs favor except that the status quo is obviously right and anyone who tries to make it otherwise is...stupid.
post #966 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16-Ton View Post

If It's so stupid and no one supports Z, then why is it winding anyone up?

You are confusing things. No one is wound up but you. We are just all amazed that you can continue to post the foolish things you are posting after being offered pretty clear and informed reasons why your positions are foolish. Your response to various attorneys here was that they are "mindlessly aggressive" and "mediocre" or else they would no doubt support your positions. Your childish dismissal of people with specialized knowledge, merely because it conflicts with your views, clearly demonstrates who's mind is closed and who's is not. Your conclusion that if one finds your positions foolish they support Z is ludicrously simplistic and self-centered.
post #967 of 6250

Piob - everyone in the thread is acknowledging that 16 ton is a complete idiot. He clearly doesn't have the knowledge or the wisdom to get into an interesting debate with you or anyone else who has posted in this thread so far. Arguing with him at this point is like picking on a crippled kid in a basketball game. It's going to be boring, mean, and no one will give you an ounce of respect if you win.

The fight's over, move along.
post #968 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16-Ton View Post

Can you simply retell me here what you believe? Why are revisions idiotic? You don't want me to change my mind ever? The news is constantly changing on this. I don't know what you're threatened by, you tell me. You're making a lot of personal comments which don't bother me but they hardly pass for a mature discussion. I have laid out my thoughts and gotten a few no, never, you don't know anything reactions which reminds me of know it all lawyers who are stuck on technical rubbish and are bad at seeing actual trends.

If the culture here at styleforum is that everyone's stupid when someone doesn't like what someone is saying or they don't think someone has the perfect argument, then that's not good for the forum. I haven't seen a lot of arguments in Zs favor except that the status quo is obviously right and anyone who tries to make it otherwise is...stupid.

No, I will not retell you. Go find any one of numerous posts by me that pretty clearly give my opinion of Z and his actions.

I did not say revisions are idiotic. Great mis-read.

You told me I was being threatened by something. Since you seem to have knowledge that I am threatened I assumed you could tell me what you feel is threatening me. I am pretty confident in telling you nothing is threatening me, but if you feel something should be bothering me, please tell me what it is.

If you want a mature discussion do not dismiss people with specialized knowledge on the topic as "mindlessly aggressive" and "mediocre" and saying stupid things like what I have bolded.

The culture in the CE is that if you say something that is well reasoned, and even mildly supported by cited fact, people will respect that if they agree or disagree with the conclusion. If you talk out of your ass for pages, after being corrected in fairly specific detail, you will be subjected to mockery and ridicule.
post #969 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

it's only used in a derogatory way in england, used to denigrate people of south asian background, and where they arrest you for twitter anyway, i don't think it has the same connotation in the US, and would just mean clean-y or cleanliness, really...

In my experience, 'Paki' doesn't have a derogatory connotation in the US, but it does not mean 'cleanliness' or any such variant in the US context either, if that is what you were implying.

Anyway, back to the debate, such as it is.
post #970 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post


Piob - everyone in the thread is acknowledging that 16 ton is a complete idiot. He clearly doesn't have the knowledge or the wisdom to get into an interesting debate with you or anyone else who has posted in this thread so far. Arguing with him at this point is like picking on a crippled kid in a basketball game. It's going to be boring, mean, and no one will give you an ounce of respect if you win.

The fight's over, move along.

You are correct. I shall cease replying.
post #971 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You are confusing things. No one is wound up but you. We are just all amazed that you can continue to post the foolish things you are posting after being offered pretty clear and informed reasons why your positions are foolish. Your response to various attorneys here was that they are "mindlessly aggressive" and "mediocre" or else they would no doubt support your positions. Your childish dismissal of people with specialized knowledge, merely because it conflicts with your views, clearly demonstrates who's mind is closed and who's is not. Your conclusion that if one finds your positions foolish they support Z is ludicrously simplistic and self-centered.

Oh, are they attorneys? I suppose that was an accidental guess. I don't like attorneys, at least the mediocre ones. The mediocre ones are the ones who call people names over and over, tell people that they're unqualified on their face and yet never really come up with anything themselves. Rather sly.
post #972 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Piob - everyone in the thread is acknowledging that 16 ton is a complete idiot. He clearly doesn't have the knowledge or the wisdom to get into an interesting debate with you or anyone else who has posted in this thread so far. Arguing with him at this point is like picking on a crippled kid in a basketball game. It's going to be boring, mean, and no one will give you an ounce of respect if you win.
The fight's over, move along.

What debate? This thread is a debate?
post #973 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16-Ton View Post

What debate? This thread is a debate?

Debates occur in threads.

There used to be a good debate in this very thread. That all went to shit, like most things in the CE.
post #974 of 6250
Holy crap! Now I know what isstillmatt was talking about. If true, Spike Lee is a complete idiot. And that other guy doing the twittering....any criminal liability if those folks get hurt? That was some pretty strong incite to riot type speech there, no?
post #975 of 6250
Hmm, looks like the cops are not the dumb and evil racists they are being made out to be:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon