or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 398

post #5956 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Leaving aside the bullshit self-defense claim, charging first-degree murder here always seemed a little overzealous. All the evidence points to an altercation that got way out of hand. Premeditation because the defendant had a few seconds to think as he walked back to his car to get his gun is a stretch.

Thank you for not hoarding your legal expertise.
post #5957 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Thank you for not hoarding your legal expertise.

 

No need for sarcasm. Let this be a safe place for the exchange of ideas.

post #5958 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

No need for sarcasm. Let this be a safe place for the exchange of ideas.

So we create this "safe place" by phrases like "bullshit self-defense claim?"
post #5959 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So we create this "safe place" by phrases like "bullshit self-defense claim?"

Oh hey, I saw the Dunn trial in the news and thought "I wonder what CE's reaction to this is?"

Surprise, you're still assholes.
post #5960 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


So we create this "safe place" by phrases like "bullshit self-defense claim?"

 

Oh man were you going to support his self-defense claim? Please proceed. I apologize for belittling your point of view here.

post #5961 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameBack View Post

Oh hey, I saw the Dunn trial in the news and thought "I wonder what CE's reaction to this is?"

Surprise, you're still assholes.

Thank you. I forget sometimes that in the modern era "safe spaces" are only safe for those with a certain agenda. Pardon my pointing out flaws in the meta-narrative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Oh man were you going to support his self-defense claim? Please proceed. I apologize for belittling your point of view here.

No, I'm not inclined to support it. However, a "safe space" means all view points are welcome. Calling the thought of self defense "bullshit" is not a safe space. I guess I'm just not on the right side of history thinking loaded language does not create impartial conversation, a.k.a. safe spaces?
Edited by Piobaire - 2/16/14 at 7:39am
post #5962 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Hey, glad to know you're still a complete still born.
No, I'm not inclined to support it. However, a "safe space" means all view points are welcome. Calling the thought of self defense "bullshit" is not a safe space. I guess I'm just not on the right side of history thinking loaded language does not create impartial conversation, a.k.a. safe spaces?

 

Fair enough. I'll admit when I'm wrong - though I do challenge any sort of neutral observer to defend the self-defense claim here. 

post #5963 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Fair enough. I'll admit when I'm wrong - though I do challenge any sort of neutral observer to defend the self-defense claim here. 

Why would a neutral observer have to defend anything? Isn't the concept of "neutral" rather the thought they do not subscribe to any claim? confused.gif
post #5964 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Why would a neutral observer have to defend anything? Isn't the concept of "neutral" rather the thought they do not subscribe to any claim? confused.gif

 

Socratic method. 

post #5965 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Socratic method. 

So we can therefore remove your thought of "neutral observer," right?
post #5966 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


So we can therefore remove your thought of "neutral observer," right?

 

I suppose disinterested would be the better descriptor.

post #5967 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

I suppose disinterested would be the better descriptor.

Not been following the case much, seems like the guy is a racist idiot that should go away for life, but I'm not going to claim I'm some high minded objective observer. That's the difference between us.

Nameback, you still ashamed to be white?
post #5968 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameBack View Post

Oh hey, I saw the Dunn trial in the news and thought "I wonder what CE's reaction to this is?"

Surprise, you're still assholes.

U have been missed.
post #5969 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Premeditation because the defendant had a few seconds to think as he walked back to his car to get his gun is a stretch.

If you knew anything about the law you'd realize that unequivocally it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thank you for not hoarding your legal expertise.

lol
Edited by Kid Nickels - 2/15/14 at 9:32pm
post #5970 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


If you knew anything about the law you'd realize that unequivocally it is not.
lol

 

I understand the legal standard for premeditation, but that doesn't mean it's not a stretch to ask a jury to in a case like this. There's the law, and then there's legal strategy. I think that the prosecutor would have an easier time securing a conviction with a lesser charge - not unlike in the Martin case.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon