or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 380

post #5686 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevron View Post

I'd say his judgement has been shown to be decisive and just.

His actions were shown to be legal in the state of Florida. That is not the same as saying that taking your gun and getting out of the car to follow some kid against the police's suggestion is exercising good judgment.

But I'll never win with you guys, who will stand by this guy's side without question even when he is back under suspicion of improper use of a deadly weapon.
post #5687 of 6250
Poor Zim. Clearly he is innocent and being setup by his wife and her family.
post #5688 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Investigative detention... what an Orwellian term.

Actually it's a common term in civil law jurisdictions but I have no idea why it's being used here. In the US we usually just say "in custody".
post #5689 of 6250
Query:

Does Florida not have a law that requires the arrest of a spouse accused of Domestic Assault? Automatic prosecution even if an abused spouse recants? Seems like that should have sent Zimmy straight to jail.... no matter if innocent

If the video breaks from the surveillance cameras, it will be interesting.
post #5690 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

His actions were shown to be legal in the state of Florida. That is not the same as saying that taking your gun and getting out of the car to follow some kid against the police's suggestion is exercising good judgment.

But I'll never win with you guys, who will stand by this guy's side without question even when he is back under suspicion of improper use of a deadly weapon.

I expect better from you. He did not follow Martin "against the police's suggestion." It was a fucking $12 / hour operator.

As far as his judgement goes I think we can both agree he's an idiot, and if he's up on some other weapons charge, I hope they toss the book at him. I know there's no legal way to do this but I think Zimmerman (and everyone like him) should not be allowed within 10 feet of a gun.
post #5691 of 6250
So anyway

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911

I don't know why people automatically believe someone guilty when there's a domestic call like this. There is literally nothing that is false reported more than domestic incidents.
post #5692 of 6250
From that article:
Quote:
After being questioned by police, Shellie left the home with her attorney.

Her attorney just happened to be there?
post #5693 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

From that article:
Her attorney just happened to be there?

I'm guessing she called her attorney to be present for the police questioning. I don't think he was just hanging out.
post #5694 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbromer View Post

I'm guessing she called her attorney to be present for the police questioning. I don't think he was just hanging out.

How often do police arrive at the scene of a domestic situation and wait to question the caller until her attorney shows up? I'm sure you're correct it's just I've never heard of police waiting around for attorneys to show up. Would not standard procedure be to haul everyone down to the station if the investigation required attorneys to be present?
post #5695 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I expect better from you. He did not follow Martin "against the police's suggestion." It was a fucking $12 / hour operator.

As far as his judgement goes I think we can both agree he's an idiot, and if he's up on some other weapons charge, I hope they toss the book at him. I know there's no legal way to do this but I think Zimmerman (and everyone like him) should not be allowed within 10 feet of a gun.

BUT HE WAS TOLD TO STAND DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
post #5696 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

How often do police arrive at the scene of a domestic situation and wait to question the caller until her attorney shows up? I'm sure you're correct it's just I've never heard of police waiting around for attorneys to show up. Would not standard procedure be to haul everyone down to the station if the investigation required attorneys to be present?

Entirely not my field of law, so I'm not saying anything with a great knowledge base. However, I don't think it's that weird for her to call the police, who say they'll be there in 30 minutes, and then for her to call her attorney, who says he'll be there in 10 minutes. It's not really the norm to have your attorney waiting with you for the police to arrive, but she's also not the normal alleged victim in a domestic dispute. And while there's nothing that requires her attorney to be present, she probably just wanted her attorney, knowing the relatively high profile nature of the players involved.
post #5697 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

So anyway

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911

I don't know why people automatically believe someone guilty when there's a domestic call like this. There is literally nothing that is false reported more than domestic incidents.

Begin Faux Outrage:

Why does everyone continue to stand up for this abusive child killer! Its clear he loves to play fast and loose with guns to get his way, even if it means using them to kill an innocent child! There is no way his poor wife, the victim of his repeated abuses, would say there was a gun if there was not. GZ probably hid it or handed it off before the police responded. GZ is a racist cold blooded killer... nothing will stand in his way until he is sitting where he deserves: IN A JAIL CELL FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!11!!

End Faux Outrage.


Now see how many people something similar on their social media.
post #5698 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

So anyway

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/lake-mary-police-are-now-calling-into-question-several-statements-shellie-zimmerman-made-to-911

I don't know why people automatically believe someone guilty when there's a domestic call like this. There is literally nothing that is false reported more than domestic incidents.

Dick size on SF.
post #5699 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I expect better from you. He did not follow Martin "against the police's suggestion." It was a fucking $12 / hour operator.

As far as his judgement goes I think we can both agree he's an idiot, and if he's up on some other weapons charge, I hope they toss the book at him. I know there's no legal way to do this but I think Zimmerman (and everyone like him) should not be allowed within 10 feet of a gun.

I understand it was a 911 operator and not an actual law enforcement officer, but to the normal person (especially an idiot like Zimmerman), what do you do when someone tells you to call "the police"? You dial 911. The dispatcher may not have authority to give a command, and this dispatcher didn't even issue a direct command (only something like "we don't need you to do that"), but this guy still "called the police" and then decided he still needed to go for the vigilante option.
post #5700 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I understand it was a 911 operator and not an actual law enforcement officer, but to the normal person (especially an idiot like Zimmerman), what do you do when someone tells you to call "the police"? You dial 911. The dispatcher may not have authority to give a command, and this dispatcher didn't even issue a direct command (only something like "we don't need you to do that"), but this guy still "called the police" and then decided he still needed to go for the vigilante option.


It was not a 911 operator. It was not a "dispatcher." It was a non-emergency operator. Z did not call 911.

Further, the available evidence does not indicate Z went for the "vigilante option." He was attacked by T, not the other way around.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon