or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 352

post #5266 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post

Can the gross injustice of the innocent members of the Duke lacrosse team being found innocent be remedied by a civil rights trial or has too much time passed? Holder ought to look into it.

I believe Duke settled for an undisclosed sum. Must have been a nice payday and strangely enough AIG was involved.

.http://www.businessinsider.com/aig-had-to-pay-for-the-duke-lacrosse-stripper-lawsuit-2011-2

Civil suits strictly for money. Al and Jesse didn't issue as much as an "I apologize".
post #5267 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

BREAKING NEWS:
Plane lands on collapsed front landing gear at LaGuardia airport, NYC. All safe as George Zimmerman took controls of aircraft.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19741388

 

Quote:
Left my keys on the bus this morning. Zimmerman air dropped my spare like a sponsored gift from The Hunger Games. #ThanksGeorge

 

Quote:
Zimmerman just tunneled thru the floor & slapped a bowl of cereal out of my hand because the milk was spoiled. #ThanksGeorge

 

Quote:
Zimmerman said i looked suspicious in my outfit so he took me shopping #thanksgeorge

 

Quote:
#ThanksGeorge trended for a time Tuesday morning.

 

 

 


http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/thanksgeorge-sarcastically-heaps-praise-on-george-zimmerman

post #5268 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

I believe Duke settled for an undisclosed sum. Must have been a nice payday and strangely enough AIG was involved.

.http://www.businessinsider.com/aig-had-to-pay-for-the-duke-lacrosse-stripper-lawsuit-2011-2

Civil suits strictly for money. Al and Jesse didn't issue as much as an "I apologize".

I think you misunderstand. I was making a sardonic joke about the current desire to punish an innocent man by trying him for civil rights violations. The problem, I am afraid, rests with my sense of humor, which many people experience as "not funny". YMMV.
post #5269 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Perfect example of what I said earlier; it's all just a matter of opinion. Nothing is a matter of fact, findings demonstrated by science, or conclusions reached based on preponderance of evidence from eye witness accounts, etc. It's all just open to interpretation or opinion and we must not hold one conclusion to be superior to another.

What pause should the bolded give people? Please, tell us exactly what you are saying.

 

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/startrek-picard-facepalm.gif

post #5270 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

My reading comprehension is quite fine.  Some of you relish in tossing around insults rather than accepting that people view situations from varying perspectives and that can greatly influence the conclusions they reach.  Those that believe that the justice system is blind and fair will never be persuaded otherwise.  Those that have witnessed blatant injustice over and over again will never be convinced that a non-white can get a fair shake.  And the fact that Zimmerman didn't receive widespread support from the major hispanic groups yet he was embraced by conservatives/tea partiers, xenophobes, the gun nuts and outright racists should have given you pause

But keep on with the strawman arguments and the ad hominem attacks.  Nerds who sling insults while cowering behind their keyboards are nothing to get upset over.

And there are those of us who know that minorities don't get a fair shake and have witnessed injustice and also recognize that it has nothing to do with this case. Convicting a white(-ish) person isn't going to balance out injustice against non-whites. It's just another injustice and a step in the exact wrong direction.
post #5271 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Why didn't Zimmerman announce from a distance "I'm with the neighbourhood watch.  Is everything ok?" or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

If you get out your  car in order to follow someone, you are engaging them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

My kid fell hit his head on the ground (grass) once and had a concussion that affected him for over a year: no gym class, no soccer no physical exertion whatsoever.  He also had headaches that lasted for teh next year and a half.  Zimerman's head was repeatedly slammed against the concrete yet he only had 2 small cuts, no concussion and no long term brain trauma?  I'm not buying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

There were no witnesses to the start of the altercation.  All we have is Zimmerman's account to the police.  That is not evidence.  It is the general lack of evidence that that got him an acquittal.  Anything the prosecution had was a supposition: no hard evidence, no eyewitnessess, no video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Have you ever heard of someone fleeing due to lack of fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


what has been debunked?  Zimmerman's rendition is taken as the gospel and other possibilities are not even plausible?  Now I don't believe there was enough evidence to convict Zimmerman and I've thought that from the very beginning.  But to sit here and act like Zimmerman was an innocent victim and Martin a drug addled gangbanging criminal is a friggin joke. 

Zimmerman got away with murder and child is dead.

Okay, now this is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

startrek-picard-facepalm.gif

I love that you make fallacy accusations while making a very obvious one of your own and then lamely post this when, once yet again, your bullshit is pointed out to you.
post #5272 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post







Okay, now this is required.
I love that you make fallacy accusations while making a very obvious one of your own and then lamely post this when, once yet again, your bullshit is pointed out to you.


I asked questions which you  are now referring to as "fallacy accusations"?  BTW what is a fallacy accusation?  Perhaps you should stick with Readers Digest level words

post #5273 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

My reading comprehension is quite fine. 
Your post suggests otherwise. Piobaire wasn't asking for access to the link. He was suggesting that people post JUST the link, rather than dumping all of the content behind the link into the thread.
post #5274 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Your post suggests otherwise. Piobaire wasn't asking for access to the link. He was suggesting that people post JUST the link, rather than dumping all of the content behind the link into the thread.

 

The images were neither overly large nor hosted on a server that he is personally paying the bandwidth on so why should he give a shit?  And if you looked at the link those particular surveys were not at the first level nor did I copy every result of the survey.  They were relevant to the topic at hand and at least 1 person found them interesting enough to comment on.   Piobaire (and you I suppose) have a problem with them.  Oh well...


Edited by Rumpelstiltskin - 7/23/13 at 2:07pm
post #5275 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

And if you looked at the link those particular surveys were not at the first level.  The images were neither overly large nor hosted on a server that he is personally paying the bandwidth on so why should he give a shit?  They were relevant to the topic
How is the fact that you are now expressing disagreement with his suggestion supposed to disprove the fact that your response betrayed a basic failure to understand what he wrote?
post #5276 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

And there are those of us who know that minorities don't get a fair shake and have witnessed injustice and also recognize that it has nothing to do with this case. Convicting a white(-ish) person isn't going to balance out injustice against non-whites. It's just another injustice and a step in the exact wrong direction.

Without a doubt. I see it on an almost daily basis. The Zimmerman/Trayvon incident was not a matter of racial injustice.

Frankly, the "black leadership" needs to choose its cases more carefully and vet the facts of the case before calling out the race arsonists (I like that term).

How about the black couple who had their home invaded and dog murdered by rampaging cops that I posted about here - http://www.styleforum.net/t/336560/wtf-over-zealous-police/195#post_6470621 ?


Quote:
HEAVILY ARMED police commandos battered a senior couple and killed their dog inside their Brooklyn home — and now the city will pay $300,000 to settle the case.
Breast cancer survivor Elaine McCarthy, now 71, was reading a Bible in her Canarsie bedroom, and partially paralyzed stroke victim Egbert Thomas, 73, was watching a John Wayne flick on TV when at least five Emergency Service Unit cops rammed through a basement door on Sept. 6, 2008, and began their rampage.
The cops — led by an officer who would later commit suicide after another allegation of excessive force, court papers show — weren’t in hot pursuit of a perp, which could have explained why they tossed the seniors aside like rag dolls.
In fact, the officers had a warrant only to collect evidence against the couple’s adult grandson, who had been arrested the previous day for having an illicit relationship with a teenage girlfriend.
After hearing the police barge in uninvited, McCarthy sent her 8-year-old granddaughter downstairs to check on the noise. The little girl dutifully reported back, “Grandma, the basement is full of police,” according to court papers.

McCarthy went to investigate, and a shotgun-toting cop promptly wrenched her arm behind her back. She was then handcuffed and thrown to the floor. She has had two surgeries on her shoulder and knee to repair the damage.
Thomas hadn’t heard the ruckus and was hobbling to the bathroom when he heard someone shout, “Hey, boy, where are you going?” court papers state.
Thomas was grabbed by his collar and flung to the floor. But an unidentified cop muttered “Oh, s--t!” when he realized the senior citizen was infirm and could not get up, according to Thomas’ deposition.
He suffered a broken arm.
“They could have just rang the bell, said they had a warrant and come in to take what they were looking for,” McCarthy told the Daily News. “They hurt two people for no reason. It was totally wrong.”

In addition, the couple’s pit bull, Trouble, was whacked by a cop with his heavy ballistic shield and died three days later.

Those are much more sympathetic victims than some wannabe "no limit nigga" who was on his way to consume more illegal drugs when he decided to assault a wHisp.

Choose your battles.
post #5277 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

wHisp.
Is that yours?
post #5278 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Is that yours?

I must give credit where it is due, our own Piob coined it.
post #5279 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I must give credit where it is due, our own Piob coined it.
Noice.
post #5280 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


I asked questions which you  are now referring to as "fallacy accusations"?  BTW what is a fallacy accusation?  Perhaps you should stick with Readers Digest level words

I do believe you are correct that if I stick to simple words it would increase my chances of effectively communicating with you.

What fallacy accusation? Is your attention span so short you cannot remember what you posted a short time ago? Let me remind you: "But keep on with the strawman arguments and the ad hominem attacks." You are half correct in that I do think you're a fucking asshat so I guess you'll deem that an "ad hom." You are the straw man master, not me, asshat. And then you make this statement:
Quote:
And the fact that Zimmerman didn't receive widespread support from the major hispanic groups yet he was embraced by conservatives/tea partiers, xenophobes, the gun nuts and outright racists should have given you pause.

So you whine about non-existent fallacies being used against you and then come out with this beauty. You refuse to say exactly what one is supposed to draw from this. Now, there's a fucking coward. Have the courage of your convictions and clearly tell us why the above should give anyone pause.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon