or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 345

post #5161 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

And you compared it to a child's head injury. None of these are proper comparisons and we aren't going to find one.

None of this stuff matters anyway. Is he supposed to wait until he does have a concussion before he defends himself?

 

I don't believe some of his narrative.  It doesn't make any sense.  The head being slammed against the concrete multiple times story I think is just that: a story

post #5162 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

Yet this has been cited many times in other cases after an acquittal

So what?
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion get cited all the time, too.
post #5163 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


I had specifically talked about repeatedly pounding a head into pavement and the damage it should cause and you brought up MMA.  I assumed you were envisioning a similar action (head slammed against the ground).  But now you are comparing that to a punch or a kick?  That is just as bad as that other genius that compared this  to a helmeted football player hitting his protected head against the grass. 

*smh*

How about having a 14 pound nail gun fall off a ladder, drop 10 feet and land on top of your head? How about having a 16 foot 2 by 12 cantilever off of a floor joist and bashing you in the side of the head with enough force to knock you unconscious and knock teeth out? How about falling 12 feet off of rafters and landing on concrete with enough force to be knocked unconscious? In all three of these cases it was determined that I did not suffer a concussion yet I was bleeding like I was shot in the head all three times. There's my anecdotal evidence that counter your base of argument.

There's two medical types speaking up right now. One of them appears to be an MD and you want to argue with them? If that's not bad enough you want to argue legalities with attorneys? You better bring your A game into that one. LOL!
post #5164 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Also, the point of the nfl and mma arguments is that people get concussions in those sports all the time, but most of the time they don't. there are a lot of different factors, not just the kind of impact. It's like saying "I know a guy who got knocked out with one punch, therefore boxers aren't really hitting each other because otherwise they would all have concussions."

 

If you seriously think you can compare a human head being repeatedly smashed against unyielding concrete  vs a football player's helmeted head hitting grass or an MMA fighter getting kicked then I have nothing more to say

post #5165 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

If you seriously think you can compare a human head being repeatedly smashed against unyielding concrete  vs a football player's helmeted head hitting grass or an MMA fighter getting kicked then I have nothing more to say

If only.
post #5166 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

I don't believe some of his narrative.  It doesn't make any sense.  The head being slammed against the concrete multiple times story I think is just that: a story

Injuries are consistent with Zimmerman/s account and a medical examination. Ever hear of occam's razor?
post #5167 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


How about having a 14 pound nail gun fall off a ladder, drop 10 feet and land on top of your head? How about having a 16 foot 2 by 12 cantilever off of a floor joist and bashing you in the side of the head with enough force to knock you unconscious and knock teeth out? How about falling 12 feet off of rafters and landing on concrete with enough force to be knocked unconscious? In all three of these cases it was determined that I did not suffer a concussion yet I was bleeding like I was shot in the head all three times. There's my anecdotal evidence that counter your base of argument.

There's two medical types speaking up right now. One of them appears to be an MD and you want to argue with them? If that's not bad enough you want to argue legalities with attorneys? You better bring your A game into that one. LOL!

 

 

 

If this is the total damage done to a human head being forecefully and repeatedly smashed into the concrete then Zimmerman is a friggin superman.

 

 

http://friendsofharvey.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/george-zimmerman-back-head-big-shad.jpg

post #5168 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


I had specifically talked about repeatedly pounding a head into pavement and the damage it should cause and you brought up MMA.  I assumed you were envisioning a similar action (head slammed against the ground).  But now you are comparing that to a punch or a kick?  That is just as bad as that other genius that compared this  to a helmeted football player hitting his protected head against the grass. 

*smh*

You really need to go back and see what you posted regarding the likelihood of obtaining a concussion from a blow to the head. If you think top level MMA fighters to not punch and kick each other in the head with a force equal or greater to that Martin would have been able to apply to Zimmerman's head on the concrete I do not know what to tell you. If you think those MMA blows, per your discussion of the likelihood of concussions due to head blows, would not cause a concussion each and every fight, again I do not know what to tell you. You are reaching at straws, contra-factuals, unsupported allegations, and just plain making shit up.
post #5169 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

I don't believe some of his narrative.  It doesn't make any sense.  The head being slammed against the concrete multiple times story I think is just that: a story

His narrative is largely irrelevant. Essentially, he only had to prove two things.

1) Was he legally allowed to be where he was? There's no real dispute to this.

2) Did he reasonably believe that deadly force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm? You don't really even have to listen to his narrative. His injuries indicate that he had taken a blow to his nose and to the back of his head. You can argue about how powerful those blows are or how they happened all you want. It really doesn't matter that much. All that matters is what his belief was at that time and was that belief reasonable. For him to fire his gun, it's highly likely that he actually believed it. No real dispute to that. The only thing remaining was whether his belief was reasonable. You're welcome to disagree with what the jury found, but Zimmerman's narrative doesn't really matter that much in making a judgment about the reasonableness of his belief. The evidence aside from his narrative tells a story itself.
post #5170 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post



If this is the total damage done to a human head being forecefully and repeatedly smashed into the concrete then Zimmerman is a friggin superman.


george-zimmerman-back-head-big-shad.jpg

Would you like me to post a photo of 22 caliber gunshot wound to the head? The external damage is much smaller than what Zimmerman sustained. As has been pointed out you can sustain little if any external damage while sustaining massive internal injury. I know of an automobile fatality where a young girl died from brain damage because her head was turned just right when the collision occurred. The collision speed was less than 10 miles an hour and she was seat belted and her head hit nothing. From what I understand her brain was literally split in half. She died instantly.

Keep grasping at straws, if nothing else it's entertaining to see such stupidity in action.
post #5171 of 6250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


You really need to go back and see what you posted regarding the likelihood of obtaining a concussion from a blow to the head. If you think top level MMA fighters to not punch and kick each other in the head with a force equal or greater to that Martin would have been able to apply to Zimmerman's head on the concrete I do not know what to tell you. If you think those MMA blows, per your discussion of the likelihood of concussions due to head blows, would not cause a concussion each and every fight, again I do not know what to tell you. You are reaching at straws, contra-factuals, unsupported allegations, and just plain making shit up.

 

Got strawman?  I was specifically talked about the damage an unprotected human head would sustain after being forcefully slammed against against concrete.  What damage nfl players sustain or what damage top level mma fighters may or may not inflict with their hands and feet are not relevant to the discussion. 

post #5172 of 6250
post #5173 of 6250
People gonna believe what people gonna believe.

Wise people just let them believe.

Ancient folk wisdom that I just made up.
post #5174 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Looks like Zimmerman is in the news again

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue/story?id=19735432

Now he's a wannabe paramedic too? The guy is a loose cannon.
post #5175 of 6250
Officials have been tight lipped about whether Zimmerman caused the accident or not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon