or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 340

post #5086 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

You can't prove he did not either. So what? I prefer to err on the side of caution. Who knows who "these assholes" are to him. Maybe shouldn't get him convicted in the court of law, but realistically its not hard to gather what he mean't. So indeed protect your self from armed people are might follow you around for no discernible(lol) reason.


Talking about arming yourself has nothing to do with being or even sounding tough. You were better than this, your falling off. Stop it. lmao

You are quiet correct in that proving negatives are indeed difficult. So we'll just ignore your unsupported accusations and let you ad hoc your way out of a stupid statement? God, you have even gotten worse. And these "lmao" are just juvenile when so non-apropos.
post #5087 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You are quiet correct in that proving negatives are indeed difficult. God, you have even gotten worse. And these "lmao" are just juvenile when so non-apropos.
They appropriate because I sincerely find you hilarious. Largely posting just to post with no real point, we all do, but you're oddly self important about it. But yes people shouldn't seek to protect themselves from folks who might follow them around for no reason. Fine logic Sir.
post #5088 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

They appropriate because I sincerely find you hilarious. Largely posting just to post with no real point, we all do, but you're oddly self important about it. But yes people shouldn't seek to protect themselves from folks who might follow them around for no reason. Fine logic Sir.

You have reached expert level at projecting and twaddle. Also, selectively quoting yourself is just icing on the cake.
post #5089 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

You guys are still talking about this? Here's a picture from the Prague Tayvon rally I attended:
AppleMark

Those fucking Euro headwalkers!!! Walk like a goddamn normal person.
post #5090 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Arn't stereotyping and profiling the same thing ?? . If not please enlighten

I'm shitting right now, so don't expect detail, but no; they are not.
post #5091 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

You can't prove he did not either. So what? I prefer to err on the side of caution. Who knows who "these assholes" are to him. Maybe shouldn't get him convicted in the court of law, but realistically its not hard to gather what he mean't. So indeed protect your self from armed people are might follow you around for no discernible(lol) reason.


Talking about arming yourself has nothing to do with being or even sounding tough. You were better than this, your falling off. Stop it. lmao

What does this even mean? (bolded) As far as profiling or whatever you're talking about, go back to the court record and provide evidence to support your claim. I'll give you a hint, there isn't any so if you are going to err on the side of caution means you accept the court record at face value.
post #5092 of 6250
I fail to see where any of JPs points are problematic. I mean, I guess I think that arming oneself is a silly response to all of this, or really to anything else, but JP's view on the prevalence of racism seems both reasonable and far removed from a lot of the other left wing race twaddle we are generally subjected to, which, unlike JP's, is never rethought when it appears to be wrong, because everything is confirmation. Maybe I missed sone of his posts, though.
post #5093 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

I'm shitting right now, so don't expect detail, but no; they are not.
Thats good when you do provide details I wont erroneously accuse you of being full a shit . My query is in earnest however and I will go on record as saying I have no issue with profiling racial or otherwise and do not consider it racist , at least in the manner in which that term is commonly used
I have stated here before that I grew up in the pre civil rights deep south . The year i graduated high school it was illegal by state law for whites and blacks to attend the same public schools As a result I come at this from a somewhat different view point than most here
post #5094 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

You can't prove he did not either. So what? I prefer to err on the side of caution. Who knows who "these assholes" are to him. Maybe shouldn't get him convicted in the court of law, but realistically its not hard to gather what he mean't. So indeed protect your self from armed people are might follow you around for no discernible(lol) reason.


Talking about arming yourself has nothing to do with being or even sounding tough. You were better than this, your falling off. Stop it. lmao

There is far more support for the contention that Zimmerman did not profile T than that he did. Further, the available evidence indicates T was acting suspicious regardless of his race.

From the non-emergency phone conversation -

1. Zimmerman mentions he did not recognize T. This was a stranger walking around in a private community.
2. Z mentions several times that T appeared to be acting as if he was on drugs (which it so happens he was).
3. Z mentions T was walking around aimlessly and loitering in front of houses which had previously been robbed.
4. T's hoodie was pulled up covering his face and concealing his identity.
5. Contrary to the edited audio released by NBC Zimmerman did not call T a "coon" and did not state his race until prompted by the operator.

Additionally, T's hoodie was plain black, with no emblem or design on it. The local gangs that robbed houses in the community typically wore black hoodies.

None of those factors by themselves determines that T was up to no good, but they all combine to give some suspicion that Z was justified beyond T's race to observe him. Sure, they can all have innocent explanations, but the totality of the circumstances was more than enough for Z to watch him regardless of his race.

Additionally, there is significant evidence that Z's interactions with black people were positive. His relations with black people in the community, his participation in the big brother program, his support of Sherman Ware, and the in depth investigation conducted by the FBI all show this was not a man who wore racism on his sleeve.

Do these facts PROVE Zimmerman is not racist and did not profile T? No, as Piob said above it's virtually impossible to prove a negative. Maybe Z held all his racism in check and only let it fly when he visited n*******mania.com under an alias.

The available evidence clearly discounts a conclusion that he profiled T. You can reasonably say you're not sure whether Z profiled T or not that night, but to make the affirmative claim that Z did profile T is not supportable and is contradicted by the available evidence.

But of course, facts don't matter in service of the larger narrative. So by all means, continue.
Edited by Harold falcon - 7/21/13 at 4:14pm
post #5095 of 6250
People who are robbing my neighbors houses are "These assholes " in my book and I'm pretty sure anyone elses . According to demographics the the profile is most likely white bored , stoned, middle class punks
post #5096 of 6250
post #5097 of 6250
Actually these guys a lovely litte subset of American culture
note the common invective
3. Surf Nazi
Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more
85 up, 71 down
A racist surfer. THESE ASSHOLES reside mostly in Southern California (San Diego to be more precise). The surf by day and beat up minorities by night.
While stargazing on Ocean Beach with my girlfriend, we witnessed several Surf Nazis attack a gay African-American couple with baseball bats.
buy surf nazi mugs & shirts
by Timbo_J_Tool Jul 14, 2003 add a video add to a list
post #5098 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Actually these guys a lovely litte subset of American culture
note the common invective
3. Surf Nazi
Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more
85 up, 71 down
A racist surfer. THESE ASSHOLES reside mostly in Southern California (San Diego to be more precise). The surf by day and beat up minorities by night.
While stargazing on Ocean Beach with my girlfriend, we witnessed several Surf Nazis attack a gay African-American couple with baseball bats.
buy surf nazi mugs & shirts
by Timbo_J_Tool Jul 14, 2003 add a video add to a list

post #5099 of 6250
That's immediately what I thought of.
post #5100 of 6250
I think this thread is officially done as I just read on CNN Obama is "refocusing" on the economy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon