or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 335

post #5011 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I have not encountered anyone upset by the verdict evidencing reason. Their outrage is based on emotion, not reason.
You're probably correct but that doesn't make their behaviour any more acceptable.
Oh I quite agree . I was just butt hurt that someone so under estimated eberyones powers of observation that they
felt a need to point that out .Either that or perhaps it was just a ruse for their own agenda
post #5012 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

That is just a lazy appeal to authority. Either they have a reason that makes sense and is supported by the evidence, or they are being unreasonable regardless of how otherwise reasonable they are.

Nah I was just correcting your lazy use of grammar. Since you are a lawyer I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was an intentional manipulation. I didn't want to think that someone who made law school and passed the state bar would have such a weak grasp of language.
You and Harvey are kind of jumping down a weird rabbit hole of vocabulary and unless we really want to go down the path of current thinking regarding conscious / unconscious thought and conditioning lets just agree that reasonable people can disagree on emotional responses and their origin. Of course no one on this forum is in any position to ascribe motivation to a broad swath of strangers anyway so again let's have some respect for things we can't possibly know.

Ps: Pio. It's an honor.
post #5013 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Nah I was just correcting your lazy use of grammar. Since you are a lawyer I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was an intentional manipulation. I didn't want to think that someone who made law school and passed the state bar would have such a weak grasp of language.
You and Harvey are kind of jumping down a weird rabbit hole of vocabulary and unless we really want to go down the path of current thinking regarding conscious / unconscious thought and conditioning lets just agree that reasonable people can disagree on emotional responses and their origin. Of course no one on this forum is in any position to ascribe motivation to a broad swath of strangers anyway so again let's have some respect for things we can't possibly know.

Ps: Pio. It's an honor.

If only that statement had been put in play by the millions of those wanting Zimmerman to fry we would have stopped talking about this 10 months ago. So we on SF are in no position to ascribe motivation yet all those millions of people are legit in ascribing the multitude of nefarious motivations they are to Zimmerman?

Un. Fucking. Believable.
post #5014 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If only that statement had been put in play by the millions of those wanting Zimmerman to fry we would have stopped talking about this 10 months ago. So we on SF are in no position to ascribe motivation yet all those millions of people are legit in ascribing the multitude of nefarious motivations they are to Zimmerman?

Un. Fucking. Believable.

Nice straw man. You gonna dress him up when you're done?
post #5015 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Nice straw man. You gonna dress him up when you're done?

You have defended the unreasonable and unwarranted outrage of Zimmerman's detractors at length, no? Then tell us we are in no position to ascribe motivation to these same people. Straw man? Do not think so. I did not pull that statement out of thin air but rather based on what you've been saying at length here.
post #5016 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You have defended the unreasonable and unwarranted outrage of Zimmerman's detractors at length, no? Then tell us we are in no position to ascribe motivation to these same people. Straw man? Do not think so. I did not pull that statement out of thin air but rather based on what you've been saying at length here.

So by your first statement you mean to say that all outrage about the incident is unreasonable and unwarranted?
post #5017 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

So by your first statement you mean to say that all outrage about the incident is unreasonable and unwarranted?

That is clearly not what I said.

Now, let's look at someone here that quite recently ascribed motivation to a number of strangers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Some aspects of this thread are starting to border on pathological.
The history of this case is public. Does that mean outrage at certain aspects of what ocurred should be squelched? Does it really need to be justified at all?
It seems that any public outrage is patently feared by some posters who spend hours and days raking through it for the sole purpose of mocking it.
Weird shit. People will have their own reasons for feeling how they feel that cant always be stuffed into the little box called "ignorance" (though convenient if it could right?)

You ready to stop yet?
post #5018 of 6250
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130720/METRO01/307200039/Detroit-joins-nation-rally-Trayvon-Martin?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Quote:
Thousands of Metro Detroit residents took to the street Saturday to call for justice for slain Fla. teen Trayvon Martin.

“I don’t believe there is justice for Trayvon,” said Karis Carr, of Detroit, who said she is worried about the world her six year old son will grow up in. “I hope that Zimmerman is convicted and all the Zimmermans around the world.”

The rally in Detroit blocked off Fort Street as thousands came out to show their support for Martin. The National Action Network, founded by civil rights leader Rev. Al Sharpton, is holding rallies in 100 cities across the country to protest the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial. Zimmerman was acquitted by a Florida jury of manslaughter and murder charges in the death of the 17-year-old.

Another protest is taking place in Flint at the Department of Justice office there.

Rev. Charles Williams II, head of the National Action Network in Detroit, urged the crowd to stand up and fight back for their rights.

“The states turned down justice in Sanford, Florida and let a killer go free,” said Williams. “We are here to ask the federal government for justice for Trayvon.”

He continued, “And until we get justice, there will be...”

“No peace,” the crowd chanted back.

We must honour their outrage? I mean, Florida let a killer go free! And a world full of ZImmermans!
post #5019 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That is clearly not what I said.


I was just trying to clarify because that sentiment does seem to be implied by many statements here. If you read my posts you will see that I never used the word "unwarranted" in fact it would be in opposition to what my point was. Which is that reasonable people can find aspects of this event to be upset about. You yourself have stated that there was a moral guilt that Z had in this situation. Is anyone here in a position to say that someone of reasoned mind cannot be upset or even outraged by something that happened or the way it happened?

Now, let's look at someone here that quite recently ascribed motivation to a number of strangers:
You ready to stop yet?

I have no authority to make the statement that people here seem near pathologically afraid of outrage. It is my very unqualified opinion.
post #5020 of 6250
You may have no authority to do it but that did not stop you from your hypocritical statements. I'm sort of done with you as we can all see what you're about.
post #5021 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You may have no authority to do it but that did not stop you from your hypocritical statements. I'm sort of done with you as we can all see what you're about.

Your prerogative my friend (even though I'm not sure who "we all" are).
If you wish to summarize my position without the silly pedantics just read the bolded part above.
post #5022 of 6250
New activity in honour of Cacatfish: is it "reasonable outrage" or "unreasonable outrage?" Quote someone outraged over the Zimmerman verdict and we have to decide if the outrage is reasonable or unreasonable. If unreasonable the quote is open to comment, if reasonable will shall honour the outrage. First quote:
Quote:
When the verdict was announced, my roommates and I cried a lot. It was as if Trayvon had died all over again. When I went to Facebook to vent my frustrations, I lost some friends. When asked by these people, "Are you really dropping a friendship because a difference of opinion?", I replied "When it's about someone getting away with the murder of an innocent kid, yes." One of these people was my stepbrother. The verdict has made me sad, angry, not able to sleep well. I only want surround myself by people who feel the same way.

-- Patrick Snipes, Atlanta; Race unknown

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/justice/zimmerman-verdict-voices/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
post #5023 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post



Zimmerman did profile T

What does that even mean, honestly? There is a difference between understanding that young blacks were committing robberies in the area and taking that into consideration, and shooting someone because they are black. Truthfully, had another hispanic or a white person been wearing a hoodie and walking very close to the houses, I suspect Zimmerman would have also deemed them suspicious and called the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Zimmerman did profile T and was asked by the police not to engage him...

A "policeman" didn't tell him anything, an operator did. It's a technicality, but why not get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


There is no evidence of T jumping him

Zimmerman was innocent until proven guilty. There doesn't have to be an eyewitness that sees Trayvon jump out and attack him. The fact that Trayvon had no marks on him is evidence that Zimmerman did not jump him, or sucker punch him in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


if someone was trying to stop me in the street without any reason and restrain my movements,I will certainly finish punching him to protect myself.

That's a big if, and there's no evidence to support it, which creates reasonable doubt.

If someone asked what you were doing, you would lay them out, jump on top of them and proceed to bash their face in on a concrete surface? Anyone that does this deserves to be met with force.
post #5024 of 6250

 

Interesting facts about the case the media did not report.

post #5025 of 6250
Their lean recipe is all kinds of fucked up. You use robitussin DM for robotripping, not lean. Robotripping is something mostly white kids do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon