or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 323

post #4831 of 6250
edit: NVM. I was somewhat incorrect on my jury nullification point.
Edited by zalb916 - 7/19/13 at 9:05am
post #4832 of 6250
...
post #4833 of 6250
Edit: Well, I wasn't wrong that jury nullification can be used to convict, if wikipedia is to be believed:

"A jury can similarly convict a defendant on the ground of disagreement with an existing law, even if no law is broken (although in jurisdictions with double jeopardy rules, a conviction can be overturned on appeal, but an acquittal cannot)."
Edited by zalb916 - 7/19/13 at 9:17am
post #4834 of 6250

Obama: "Trayvon could have been me."

 

Way to try and patch things up, Prez.

post #4835 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthewazzu View Post

Obama: "Trayvon could have been me."

Way to try and patch things up, Prez.

Yes, Obama certainly could have been Trayvon.

post #4836 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthewazzu View Post

Obama: "Trayvon could have been me."

Way to try and patch things up, Prez.

The boy is dead, Mr. President. No need to disparage him.
post #4837 of 6250
Wow, he's telling the world something that hardly anyone knew.

I hope there are some that will get the word out. It's what is needed now.

PS: He needs to have Trayvon's parents to the White House of course.

If he had any of the thousands of parents of slain Chicago black children, to the White House, that might embarrass Rahm Emanuel and would not be good politics.
post #4838 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Yes, Obama certainly could have been Trayvon.


Lulz, sure I can see that kid scrapping it out in a back alley. I can also see Zimmermann not getting his ass kicked and no dead kids but otherwise I completely see what Obama is talking about.
post #4839 of 6250
Do you mortals dare mock the healer of the planet?

Blasphemy!
post #4840 of 6250
I am surprised nobody has mentioned a beer summit yet.
post #4841 of 6250
Don't ever change, CEsspool. Don't ever change.
post #4842 of 6250
Back peddling at it's finest. Guhhhh...
post #4843 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

Don't ever change, CEsspool. Don't ever change.

Hey, glad, good to see you. What's your take on the verdict?
post #4844 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Hey, glad, good to see you. What's your take on the verdict?

I didn't follow the trial closely enough to know whether or not the prosecution made it's case. I firmly believe that Zimmerman murdered that kid, but I can't really speak on the jury's verdict.

I've elected to view the trial as a net positive. The fact that Zimmerman even stood trial is proof that the people, when motivated and focused, can affect change. Public outcry got the special prosecutor appointed and and the chief of police fired. Zimmerman had his day in court. Do I wish Zimmerman had been convicted of manslaughter? Of course I do. Is Zimmerman's acquittal inticative of the failure of our criminal justice system or a proof of a racist agenda? I don't know enough of the details to say.
post #4845 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I am surprised nobody has mentioned a beer summit yet.

Syzurp Summit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I didn't follow the trial closely enough to know whether or not the prosecution made it's case. I firmly believe that Zimmerman murdered that kid, but I can't really speak on the jury's verdict.

I've elected to view the trial as a net positive. The fact that Zimmerman even stood trial is proof that the people, when motivated and focused, can affect change. Public outcry got the special prosecutor appointed and and the chief of police fired. Zimmerman had his day in court. Do I wish Zimmerman had been convicted of manslaughter? Of course I do. Is Zimmerman's acquittal inticative of the failure of our criminal justice system or a proof of a racist agenda? I don't know enough of the details to say.

So "public outcry" forcing public officials to charge a clearly innocent man with a crime is a "net positive" for you? Wow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon