or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 316

post #4726 of 6250
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
I am not Trayvon Martin. I am a 29 year old proud, black female who is cultured, fun, loving, humble hearted, educated, smart, hardworking, strong, loves the Food Network, huge Yankee’s fan, slave to fashion, enjoys traveling, and blogging (sometimes). I was blessed with a great family. I was raised by two great parents and I have a wonderful, older brother.

Is it just me or does this sound like the beginning of a dating website profile?
post #4727 of 6250
Maybe I'll make this my new OK Cupid profile
Quote:
I am not Trayvon Martin. I am a 36 year old degenerate alcoholic who suffers from white privilege and am employed full time in a job I love. I am an online contributor to at least 3 notoriously homosexual men's clothing internet forums, enjoy auto repair, hiking in the woods, and building my own furniture. ISO a young attractive lady for nights of liquor infused debauchery, travel to exciting locales, and pointing and laughing at the poors. Fatties need not apply. French accent a plus.
post #4728 of 6250
This thread is turning into the equivalent of the thread on Film Noir Buff's site (the inane thread or something) where people post their opinion of stupid stuff they read on SF and Ask Andy. Why are you wasting your time reading those web sites that have all this ridiculous stuff? How do you people have enough time and patience to not only consume all of this idiocy, but also have enough time to write recaps of it on this web site?

I enjoy the occasional chuckle at the idiocy of others on the web, but it seems like people here spend all day consuming that garbage just to snicker at it. I just think about what happens when you go home and your wife/girlfriend/dog ask you what you did today, and you say that you spent hours reading "I am not Trayvon" accounts and making fun of them on a men's clothing site. It seems a bit sad.

I enjoyed reading the legitimate discussions on here, and I learned a lot from HB, Attaturk, Lawyerdad, and a few others. They actually helped solidify my feelings on the case, and I've stolen a lot of their arguments when I'm speaking about the case to others. But the thread has kinda taken a bad turn.
post #4729 of 6250
Seems like the equivalent of liberals who watch Fox News so they can get all frothy.
post #4730 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbromer View Post

This thread is turning into the equivalent of the thread on Film Noir Buff's site (the inane thread or something) where people post their opinion of stupid stuff they read on SF and Ask Andy. Why are you wasting your time reading those web sites that have all this ridiculous stuff? How do you people have enough time and patience to not only consume all of this idiocy, but also have enough time to write recaps of it on this web site?

I enjoy the occasional chuckle at the idiocy of others on the web, but it seems like people here spend all day consuming that garbage just to snicker at it. I just think about what happens when you go home and your wife/girlfriend/dog ask you what you did today, and you say that you spent hours reading "I am not Trayvon" accounts and making fun of them on a men's clothing site. It seems a bit sad.

I enjoyed reading the legitimate discussions on here, and I learned a lot from HB, Attaturk, Lawyerdad, and a few others. They actually helped solidify my feelings on the case, and I've stolen a lot of their arguments when I'm speaking about the case to others. But the thread has kinda taken a bad turn.

All the good chat has been done and it's just the fluff left now. Truth be told I'm having a great time reading the "I'm Not" postings just because they are so unreal they have to be fake, right?
post #4731 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

All the good chat has been done and it's just the fluff left now. Truth be told I'm having a great time reading the "I'm Not" postings just because they are so unreal they have to be fake, right?

I'm older and crazier than the typical SF member.

And I can't figure out if the "I'm Not" postings are genuine.

Of course, most are being posted by HB, and the nefarious SOB is a Lawyer. He's not even a Social Engineer and I have a sneaking suspicion that he is cherry picking them. I await to see if his masterful "I'm Not" submission is posted on the site. I too will post on the timely site too when the time is right ( perhaps after I go to the River Oaks protest on Sunday ).

What do the rest of you think? Serious or not? Skewed because of cherry picking by HB ( and others ) or not. Complete absurdity or not?

I really don't know.
post #4732 of 6250
This case has been going on for a year and virtually every media sound byte has been disingenuous in reporting the actual facts as contrasted with what was disclosed at trial. I feel a little bit of gloating and mocking of those who lapped up the "narrative" without any examination of first sources whatsoever.

Perhaps I have gone a bit far afield, if so I apologize, but people who use terms like "cisgendered" are basically asking for it.

I shall try to contain my contempt for their very existence going forward.

Cheers
post #4733 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

This case has been going on for a year and virtually every media sound byte has been disingenuous in reporting the actual facts as contrasted with what was disclosed at trial. I feel a little bit of gloating and mocking of those who lapped up the "narrative" without any examination of first sources whatsoever.

Perhaps I have gone a bit far afield, if so I apologize, but people who use terms like "cisgendered" are basically asking for it.

I shall try to contain my contempt for their very existence going forward.

Cheers
Why don't you check your cis-gender privilege and educate yourself:
post #4734 of 6250
I think my question has been answered.

The following just appeared on the "We Are Not Trayvon Martin" site,

http://wearenottrayvonmartin.com/

.14 MINUTES AGO
#TRAYVONMARTIN
#JUSTICEFORTRAYVON
#ZIMMERMAN
#WEARENOTTRAYVON
#SUBMISSION
I am not Trayvon Martin.
I am a 21 year old white queer female bodied person.
I lived poor, speaking another language in southern Georgia, and slept in the same bed with a family member who was coming down off of meth, hoping they wouldn’t die while I slept.
My father sexually assaulted me from when I was five to when I was seven.
My sister emotionally terrified me, threatening to kill me weekly when I was nine.
I tried to kill myself three times, and lost 15% of my body mass from being too manic to eat.
I experience classism and ableism.
However, white privilege is a constant fact in my life. Even in a mental hospital.

I entered a mental/rehab hospital for a crippling hollow depression which had followed a mania that felt perfect.
A black schizophrenic woman coming off of some drug or another grabbed my arm whispering, “You are such a pretty white girl. You must be real crazy to be in here."
"Did you try to kill yourself? You look too nice to be an addict."
"Darling, come sit by me, you remind me of my niece."
The hospital was primarily black, with a few white people as well. I loved the other patients, and to some extent we all needed to be there. However, why weren’t there more white people? Why did they choose to pick up poor people of color? Why was the white staff kind to me and suspicious of the black teenager who came in for anxiety, when I had been called “dangerous"?

During “recreational time" Jeff*, a young black man, sat beside me. He looked at me sadly, tears running down his face, before saying, “I took two bottles of my pills and chased it with rubbing alcohol. My girlfriend found me before my two year old son did. I can’t see him anymore. They think that I might kill them. I’m going to kill myself when I leave."
Jeff touched my hand cautiously, shaking, “Please, please, don’t…" he trailed off, and looked at his knees for the rest of the hour. I was paralyzed.
There was another man, who had shot himself and did not die, but who was still able to see his children during visiting hours and would reunite with his family after he was released. That man was white.

White privilege was an obvious glaring sight in the hospital. Jeff was going to be alone. The black schizophrenic woman had applied to a halfway house and failed. She was going to go back to living under a bridge.
I am not Trayvon Martin. I can never be. The only times in which police look at me are when I am in a manic or depressed state. I will never experience the daily oppression that the black community does.
I am allowed to be afraid, angry, and crazy nearly everyday.
We must love and mourn all the Trayvon Martins who are in mental hospitals, all the Trayvon Martins who experience the racist mental health system.


Jeff is not his real name. He is still alive, and has not been readmitted to a mental hospital for three years.


This cannot be real, can it?

I am 100% serious, are there people this nuts?


Is a 21 year old white queer female bodied person the same thing as a Lesbian?
post #4735 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

This case has been going on for a year and virtually every media sound byte has been disingenuous in reporting the actual facts as contrasted with what was disclosed at trial. I feel a little bit of gloating and mocking of those who lapped up the "narrative" without any examination of first sources whatsoever.

Perhaps I have gone a bit far afield, if so I apologize, but people who use terms like "cisgendered" are basically asking for it.

I shall try to contain my contempt for their very existence going forward.

Cheers

I remember you saying that you can't lie but the police and prosecution can. Or do we all need to pay your retainer to make that happen?
post #4736 of 6250
Quote:
Zimmerman's father is a retired magistrate who served in the armed forces. The young Zimmerman once wanted to become a business executive. In other words, he was likely a member of the mainstream upper-middle class, and considered respectable by societal standards. McDonald, as a person of color and a member of the LGBT community, was not as lucky, as our society still frequently discriminates against individuals like her. The police and the court system throughout our country practice two-tiered justice; one tier is for social groups that are powerful and advantaged, like Zimmerman's, and the other is for those without privilege.


FFS, Zimmerman counts as a powerful and advantaged person now? Guy whose goal was maybe to become a cop someday? He once wanted to be an executive, ergo, he's UMC! Notwithstanding the fact that he was an insurance underwriter also taking community college classes.
post #4737 of 6250
wtf is ableism?
post #4738 of 6250
You know the world has gone to hell when Charles Barkley is the voice of reason.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100897441
post #4739 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

wtf is ableism?

I thought you are smart.

Everyone knows that ableism is Ableism (/ˈeɪbəlɪzəm/[1]) is a form of discrimination or social prejudice against people with disabilities

I bet that Jasmine knew it.
post #4740 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

You know the world has gone to hell when Charles Barkley is the voice of reason.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100897441
I've actually found to be very reasonable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon