or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 310

post #4636 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

From the article:
"Rachel took the stand as the defense's star witness and found herself being made to look like a fool in the public eye; she became a joke to Don West and an entire race of people who looked on at the trial from the comfort of their cookie-cutter homes in the suburbs; people who have never, and will never, encounter the other Rachel Jeantels in this world."

Silly ass shit. Never mind that downtown urban areas and housing projects tend to be pretty cookie cutter, but Jeantel looked the damn fool partly because she so perfectly fit the stereotype that so many have in fact encountered. One does not have to live in the ghetto to run into the Jeantels of the word. Not to mention the black entertainment industry has done a fine job of presenting that character for all to see.

I've met many Jaentels. Usually at the Dept. of motor vehicles.
post #4637 of 6250
It seems quite obvious an entire race did NOT watch the trial from the comforts of their cookie cutter homes and I never realized tv watching people with cookie cutter homes were a race . All this time I been checking the caucasian box
post #4638 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

People, if given the opportunity, will rationalize anything

If believing that makes you feel better more power to you.
post #4639 of 6250


First one's been covered here

Second one plea bargained
post #4640 of 6250
I think the Netwebs has actually lowered aggregate IQ and ability to think.
post #4641 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I think the Netwebs has actually lowered aggregate IQ and ability to think.

I disagree. These people were always there, they just never congregated in groups before and social stigma of looking like an outcast fool kept them in check.
post #4642 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post



First one's been covered here

Second one plea bargained

Side note, did stand your ground matter in Zimmerman's case? I wasn't following AT ALL, but I was under the impression he was beat onto the ground , thus has no way to "retreat" (now why does he get into that stupid situation in the first place is different story). Stand on your ground allow you to stand your ground when attacked in public place without first try to retreat, doesn't look applicable to me here.
post #4643 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Side note, did stand your ground matter in Zimmerman's case? I wasn't following AT ALL, but I was under the impression he was beat onto the ground , thus has no way to "retreat" (now why does he get into that stupid situation in the first place is different story). Stand on your ground allow you to stand your ground when attacked in public place without first try to retreat, doesn't look applicable to me here.

It's a shame no one has discussed this issue here yet.
post #4644 of 6250
The village idiots now have their own village
post #4645 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

It's a shame no one has discussed this issue here yet.

In Clee's defense, this thread is about 5 million pages long.
post #4646 of 6250
One thing I know for sure. This case is showing the very ugly side of America. From the government all the way down to the people who live here. Unreal, just unreal what's going on.
post #4647 of 6250
I'm also not happy with the general trend of the gov interfering with due process. Recently we found about the whole spying thing and now the administration is meddling in civil cases of which it has no business involving itself in. Very disturbing trend indeed.
post #4648 of 6250
I really think its just a gesture . Unless there is some secret video tape or something (just kidding) no one is going to prosecute with no evidence or reasonable cause such as racism
post #4649 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

I'm also not happy with the general trend of the gov interfering with due process. Recently we found about the whole spying thing and now the administration is meddling in civil cases of which it has no business involving itself in. Very disturbing trend indeed.

I hope no one has told you that the IRS has been singling out groups and individuals and punishing them for their political views. You might worry.
post #4650 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post

I hope no one has told you that the IRS has been singling out groups and individuals and punishing them for their political views. You might worry.

I'm aware of that as well which just adds to my concern that the gov is out of control in a big way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon