or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 278

post #4156 of 6250
All the above discussion has been fascinating but I think all will agree that the verdict was a win for American justice.

But then you have the biggest ratbag in the US Congress racial baiting again for political purposes:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/14/Reid-Zimmerman-not-over
post #4157 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy View Post


98% has to do more with the GOP's Southern Strategy than Obama. There's nothing that corresponds to that with respect to Democrats and Mormons.


The numbers are the numbers. Near 100% voting from any group makes the larger point I was making, that its not uncommon for a group to look at a set of issues in near lock-step alignment. Which was the point I was addressing that said that it was wrong to assume the african-american community was of one mind on these issues.

 

My point about mormons was to illustrate that it was widely believed and reported that mormons would vote in lock-step for Romney. And he did well with them. but more than 25 points worse than Obama did with blacks.

 

Just trying to demonstrate that minority groups can align around an issue, but blacks seem to achieve unusual alignment on high profile issues for a group.

 

Don't like the mormon example? No Problem. Pick any other issue and compare the alignment of an affected group? Immigration Reform? Look at the large number of hispanics who don't support it. Find any issue affecting a group of americans, and nothing will come close to achieving the group-think enjoyed by the democrat party with african-americans. Not gays and gay marriage. Not uninsured americans and Obamacare. Not the unemployed and extending unemployment insurance.......Not even close.

 

Explain it any way you want to, but the numbers support my point, even at 93%.


Edited by jebarne - 7/14/13 at 4:49pm
post #4158 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

All the above discussion has been fascinating but I think all will agree that the verdict was a win for American justice.

 

I don't see how you make that argument beyond "the verdict was correct given both the relevant law and the failure of the prosecution to prove it's case." I agree that the not guilty verdict was technically correct under the circumstances, but calling this a win of any sort seems like a rather thoughtless point of view. Who won here? What adversary has been overcome? What has been achieved? How, in any way, is anyone involved with this case or the American people as a whole better off now than they were before all of this happened?

 

No. This verdict was not a win for American Justice. This verdict was not a win for anyone. It's just another piece of a sad story about people's lives being ruined. 

post #4159 of 6250
The NAACP really is just the PETA of human politics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Today, justice failed Trayvon Martin and his family,” said Roslyn M. Brock, Chairman of the NAACP. “We call immediately for the Justice Department to conduct an investigation into the civil rights violations committed against Trayvon Martin. This case has re-energized the movement to end racial profiling in the United States.”
http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-statement-in-the-acquittal-of-george-zimmerman-in-the-killing-of-tray
post #4160 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post


Did NBC contribute to the public believing that Zimmerman is a racist? Probably not as much as the trial itself did. Or every other news outlet. On top of this, there are a lot of actual facts floating around out there that lead can lead to a reasonable conclusion that Zimmerman is in fact a racist. This makes it hard to argue the NBC's actions were defamatory.

I disagree here. Nobody has produced any evidence that Zimmerman is a racist. It just became common wisdom that he is, and that is at least partially due to the doctored 911 tapes.
post #4161 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I disagree here. Nobody has produced any evidence that Zimmerman is a racist. It just became common wisdom that he is, and that is at least partially due to the doctored 911 tapes.

He is white... a wanna be cop. Its obvi he hates people of color.
post #4162 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post

He is white (ish)

FTFY
post #4163 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

I don't see how you make that argument beyond "the verdict was correct given both the relevant law and the failure of the prosecution to prove it's case." I agree that the not guilty verdict was technically correct under the circumstances, but calling this a win of any sort seems like a rather thoughtless point of view. Who won here? What adversary has been overcome? What has been achieved? How, in any way, is anyone involved with this case or the American people as a whole better off now than they were before all of this happened?

No. This verdict was not a win for American Justice. This verdict was not a win for anyone. It's just another piece of a sad story about people's lives being ruined. 

Trayvon's parents got over $1 million out of the HOA.
post #4164 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Trayvon's parents got over $1 million out of the HOA.

 

And you think they'd rather have $1million than a living son? 

post #4165 of 6250
So, what exactly was the State's theory of the case?

OJ Simpson aside, this is why jury trials are, overall, better than having these cases decided by politicians.

I'm heading to Liberty City to celebrate the justice system tonight.
post #4166 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

So, what exactly was the State's theory of the case?

OJ Simpson aside, this is why jury trials are, overall, better than having these cases decided by politicians.

I'm heading to Liberty City to celebrate the justice system tonight.
If this case were decided by my facebook feed, Zimmerman would be doing life, a sentence that would only last a few months.
post #4167 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

If this case were decided by my facebook feed, Zimmerman would be doing life, a sentence that would only last a few months.

is he really going to live a more than few months outside prison? assuming he is not rich, he will need to work and buy groceries etc. with that happening and showing his fat face someone will come gunning for him.
post #4168 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

And you think they'd rather have $1million than a living son? 

money is hard to get for most, but with 30 minutes of fun at the right time you make yourself a son. yeah they prefer the million dollars
post #4169 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

money is hard to get for most, but with 30 minutes of fun at the right time you make yourself a son. yeah they prefer the million dollars
when you actually make sense, everything you say sucks
post #4170 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

Who won here? What adversary has been overcome? What has been achieved? How, in any way, is anyone involved with this case or the American people as a whole better off now than they were before all of this happened?
A jury sees through a frivolous, politically motivated prosecution and acquits an innocent man. Zimmerman avoids conviction despite having the media gunning for him with every bit of their influence for a year and a half. How can you call that anything but a win for the justice system?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon