or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 269

post #4021 of 6250
O'Mara calling out the media. Good man.
post #4022 of 6250
Whether or not this verdict was right ultimately hinges on whether Zimmerman drew his gun before or after Martin started rushing him. And I don't think we'll ever know that. That said, Zimmerman is a racist asshole and I hope I never have to see his ugly face again.
post #4023 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

Whether or not this verdict was right ultimately hinges on whether Zimmerman drew his gun before or after Martin started rushing him. And I don't think we'll ever know that. That said, Zimmerman is a racist asshole and I hope I never have to see his ugly face again.

Apparently "punk" is a racial slur but cracka isn't. Interesting.
post #4024 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I believe his car may have been parked on the wrong side of the road.

He lived in an HOA private community, law enforcement can't enforce parking there.
post #4025 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

Whether or not this verdict was right ultimately hinges on whether Zimmerman drew his gun before or after Martin started rushing him. And I don't think we'll ever know that. That said, Zimmerman is a racist asshole and I hope I never have to see his ugly face again.

That's actually not what it hinged on. And for a racist he seemed to take an interest in performing public service for black kids. But obviously he was just covering up for the racist tendencies hidden in his heart.
post #4026 of 6250
There's really nothing to establish that he's a racist.
post #4027 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

That said, Zimmerman is a racist asshole and I hope I never have to see his ugly face again.

Why did you come to the conclusion that " Zimmerman is a racist asshole "?
post #4028 of 6250
Can someone explain to me, non-ironically, non-hysterically, why people are so seriously infuriated that he got off? I haven't followed this terribly closely, but people are straight up losing it over this.

As far as I can tell, Zimmerman was a dumbass and got himself into a bad situation that escalated out of control. But he wasn't on trial for being a dumbass, he was on trial for murder, and the prosecution obviously was not able to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. Whether or not he should have been in that situation to begin with doesn't seem to even matter.

And why do people think this was racially motivated? Being a dumbass has nothing to do with race.

I'm genuinely curious.
post #4029 of 6250
so will z be legally allowed to carry a piece now? esp since lots of ppl want him dead?
post #4030 of 6250
It sure doesn't seem like the people here on SF are seriously infuriated about Z getting off.

You might want to tune in to MSNBC to see some seriously infuriated people.
post #4031 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

so will z be legally allowed to carry a piece now? esp since lots of ppl want him dead?

Not just any piece, they have to give him back the Kel-Tec he killed Martin with.
post #4032 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

It sure doesn't seem like the people here on SF are seriously infuriated about Z getting off.

You might want to tune in to MSNBC to see some seriously infuriated people.
im on msnbc, loving it
post #4033 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That's actually not what it hinged on. And for a racist he seemed to take an interest in performing public service for black kids. But obviously he was just covering up for the racist tendencies hidden in his heart.

Really? What DID it hinge on then? Zimmerman had no business drawing down on Martin unless Martin was rushing him. If Zimmerman drew first, then Martin had every right to rush him and beat his head into the pavement until he was no longer a threat. Just as Zimmerman had every right to draw and shoot Martin if Martin had rushed him first. Stand your ground doesn't apply in either case. It's pure and simple fear of bodily harm and/or death.

George Zimmerman decided to stalk a black kid because he didn't like the look of a black kid on his turf. I think that's ridiculously apparent here. His actions are completely based on bias. That didn't entitle Trayvon Martin to try and beat the shit out of him, of course. But is that what happened? Will we ever really know?
post #4034 of 6250
I wonder what's going to happen with the bullshit perjury charges against Z's wife.
post #4035 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

im on msnbc, loving it

I wouldn't be loving it. The potential for more pointless tragedy grows in direct proportion to the media outrage frenzy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon