or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 258

post #3856 of 6250
This is becoming a sickness for me. I really need to stop.
Quote:

As soon as Zimmerman made the decision to get OUT of his car and take his GUN with him,
in defiance of the Police Orders,
he bought a 1st degree Premeditated MURDER conviction
with the probable addition of a Racial Hate Crime.

I am really, REALLY disappointed in the prosecution for NOT keeping this case THAT simple.
It doesn't matter who was on top of whom,
or who threw what punches,
or who said what,
or who was winning the fight.
That only muddies the water and helps the defense.
When Zimmerman made the decision to exit his vehicle, his life was NOT under threat.

...as SOON as he picked up that GUN and exited his vehicle in pursuit of that young man against Police Orders,
he was GUILTY of MURDER in the 1st.

If I was the Prosecution, I would have even made up a little ditty with those 3 facts
reminiscent of "If the glove doesn't fit...",
and Hammered it Over and Over again,
so that when the jury went into deliberations and got bogged down in all the irrelevant details brought up by the defense,
and least ONE of them would remind them that all that shit doesn't matter.
The ONLY thing that matters is the decision Zimmerman made to exit his vehicle,
bring his gun,
and pursue Trevon against Police Orders.
post #3857 of 6250
Was that a quote from Springs1?

RANCH DRESSING is a felony.
post #3858 of 6250
Quote:
Fox News reaches another all time low in Zimmerman case

ust now, asking a guy on their panel who is a defense lawyer, the guy just said, If the jury decides on the evidence alone it would only take a minute to reach a not guilty verdict.

What is wrong with them?

This attorney needs time in a re-education camp.
post #3859 of 6250
The capitalization of the word 'gun' did it for me. First degree murder it is.

I would like to see their reaction from a T-shirt that says "DON'T MAKE ME ZIMMERMAN YOUR ASS."
post #3860 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

This is becoming a sickness for me. I really need to stop.

Really this is just a stupid Florida case that means nothing to me, but the reaction from so many people who completely disregard the burden of proof, reasonable doubt, and the presumption of innocence have me far too invested in this fucking thing. The sheer ignorance being spouted over and over again by so many fucking morons is too much for me to take.

The good news is that fucking morons like that will never get on a jury because they're too goddamn stupid to follow instructions.
post #3861 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Really this is just a stupid Florida case that means nothing to me, but the reaction from so many people who completely disregard the burden of proof, reasonable doubt, and the presumption of innocence have me far too invested in this fucking thing. The sheer ignorance being spouted over and over again by so many fucking morons is too much for me to take.

The good news is that fucking morons like that will never get on a jury because they're too goddamn stupid to follow instructions.

Well that's the thing that bothers me so much. The only explanation for so many people wanting Zimmerman to hang is that they heard he was a racist who murdered a 12 year old and made up their minds. You would think that when all of that shit was debunked they would back off, but instead they doubled down on all of it.

The attitude that is the fucking worst, though, and one that I'm seeing on places like DU nonstop is "look it's this simple: Zimmerman have gun/he shoot little boy with no gun/little boy dead". No you fucking dickhead, it's not that simple. That's why trials last several days.

And then there are the people who say "there are some things that don't add up in Zimmerman's story, so he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". Especially when (a) these things are statements like "there's no way a 17 year old CHILD LITTLE BABY BOY RIGHT OUT OF THE WOMB could beat up Zimmerman WHO WAS TRAINING IN MMA!!!!!!!1111" and (b) the counter evidence basically amounts to a borderline retarded chick whose last contact was 4 minutes before anything happened.

And then there's "why didn't he obey the police and stay in his car? Because he had a lust for negro blood that couldn't be sated!!!!!" That one is actually the worst because of the implication that only a monster would dare defy the will of a 911 dispatcher, surely the most wise and powerful ruler this land has ever known.
post #3862 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Was that a quote from Springs1?

RANCH DRESSING is a felony.

how CAN YOU SAY that RANCH DRESSING is a felony. It DID NOTHING TO YOU. It was YOU who made up your mind to KILL THE INNOCENT ranch dressing contained in the bottle. THE SECOND you decided to unscrew that lid, it became FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED MURDER.
post #3863 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Well that's the thing that bothers me so much. The only explanation for so many people wanting Zimmerman to hang is that they heard he was a racist who murdered a 12 year old and made up their minds. You would think that when all of that shit was debunked they would back off, but instead they doubled down on all of it.

The attitude that is the fucking worst, though, and one that I'm seeing on places like DU nonstop is "look it's this simple: Zimmerman have gun/he shoot little boy with no gun/little boy dead". No you fucking dickhead, it's not that simple. That's why trials last several days.

And then there are the people who say "there are some things that don't add up in Zimmerman's story, so he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". Especially when (a) these things are statements like "there's no way a 17 year old CHILD LITTLE BABY BOY RIGHT OUT OF THE WOMB could beat up Zimmerman WHO WAS TRAINING IN MMA!!!!!!!1111" and (b) the counter evidence basically amounts to a borderline retarded chick whose last contact was 4 minutes before anything happened.

And then there's "why didn't he obey the police and stay in his car? Because he had a lust for negro blood that couldn't be sated!!!!!" That one is actually the worst because of the implication that only a monster would dare defy the will of a 911 dispatcher, surely the most wise and powerful ruler this land has ever known.

We all knew the world is full of stupid people, I think it is just mind boggling at how stupid, ignorant and base these people are.
post #3864 of 6250
Quote:
In your hatred those of you rallying for Zimmerman are digging your own graves. Supporting Zimmerman has ramifications for all innocent people walking home but your hatred of black people blinds you to that fact. Zimmerman wasn't just morally wrong. He is also legally wrong and if Trayvon Martin was white there wouldn't even be any questions about it.

Only in the case of a black teenager is it suggested that if he just had not been walking on a public street and rushed home he wouldn't have angered the fat racist stalker into murdering him. Implicit in that is the fact some of you are so filled with hate that black people are free, have the right to freely walk on public streets, can go to the store, and good grief even occupy the white house.

If you think rejoicing over the willful murder of an innocent black teen will bring back slavery, the black codes, Jim Crow, and any of your other fantasies then you are delusional. It is just more innocent blood on your hands and explains why the majority of Americans rejected your ignorant philosophies on election night 2012.
post #3865 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

That case happened already, down to the kid using racial epithets. Except the black guy shot the white kid in the face in front of a bunch of witnesses who all said there was no immediate provocation.

He became a cause celebre of the left, was charged only with manslaughter, was convicted, sentenced to three years, and had his sentence commuted by the governor.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/23/new.york.governor.commute/index.html

They're not the same. Stop acting like they are.
post #3866 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post



CNN Twitter poll.

I would characterize my ideal outcome as finding Z guilty of negligent homicide, but I am pretty sure Florida doesn't have a statute that covers that. I probably wouldn't convict for murder or manslaughter unless there's maybe there's gross negligence/reckless level somewhere in FL's statute; I would convict at the negligence level. A little prison time, or time served, barred from owning a gun, etc.

I kind of take the attitude that if you're doing the wannabe cop routine, you're going to be responsible for the outcome. Very foreseeable that if you're a wannabe cop you're going to trigger a fatal outcome.
post #3867 of 6250
Quote:
Here in central Florida, we have a LOT of people who happen to be a combination of hardcore racists, and hardcore gun lovers. These are not just the good old boys, these are people who actively support militias, and who will tell you, with a straight face and clear voice, that they think they are in a civil war, with Blacks and Hispanics taking THEIR state from them. Some of these folks are old Dixie types, and some of them are New Yorkers that felt the blacks drove them out of "their" city. They have been angry ever since 2000, and when Obama won office, they got livid.

What Zimmerman did was nothign less than wish fulfillment for many White Floridians. It's and ugly fact, but true. Go to the Web Pages of papers like the Tampa Bay Times, and read as people alternate between being the cold, matter of fact killers to people the KKK would consider too crazy to recruit.
post #3868 of 6250
That would be a pretty novel use of the negligent homicide statutes, I think. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think that would fly.

If this is something that we are really worried about happening all the time, the way to prevent it would be to write a new law that fits this circumstance. I'm preemptively against that law because I know it will be used by the police to harass people they don't like, but I would prefer that to sending a guy to prison on sketchy legal grounds to make a point.
post #3869 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

That would be a pretty novel use of the negligent homicide statutes, I think. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think that would fly.

If this is something that we are really worried about happening all the time, the way to prevent it would be to write a new law that fits this circumstance. I'm preemptively against that law because I know it will be used by the police to harass people they don't like, but I would prefer that to sending a guy to prison on sketchy legal grounds to make a point.

Yeah, I understand that, and I think it's pretty clear I am talking about a new law or set of case laws. If the statute doesn't cover it, you really can't do much retroactively. I'm talking prospective, or what I ideally would want to be the law for the next time this happens.

I'm thinking of negligent homicide in a manner like DUI homicide (or vehicle manslaughter). Negligent to drive drunk, obviously the DUI driver didn't intend to kill the others, but he/she still goes to prison for the act. Similarly, here it would be negligent to be a wannabe cop, even if you didn't intend to kill the victim.

It would depend on case law for the state, but like I said before, FL doesn't even have a statute on this, so it obviously wouldn't have case law on it.
post #3870 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy View Post

Yeah, I understand that, and I think it's pretty clear I am talking about a new law or set of case laws. If the statute doesn't cover it, you really can't do much retroactively. I'm talking prospective, or what I ideally would want to be the law for the next time this happens.

I'm thinking of negligent homicide in a manner like DUI homicide (or vehicle manslaughter). Negligent to drive drunk, obviously the DUI driver didn't intend to kill the others, but he/she still goes to prison for the act. Similarly, here it would be negligent to be a wannabe cop, even if you didn't intend to kill the victim.

It would depend on case law for the state, but like I said before, FL doesn't even have a statute on this, so it obviously wouldn't have case law on it.

I can just see the term "wannabe cop" in legislation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon