or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 231

post #3451 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I don't know if it was that good, just that she based her opinion on (some) photographs and kept discounting other photographs that appeared to show more injuries than she testified to.

That's my third-hand understanding of it, anyway.

Your third hand is better than most second hands. That sums it up quite well.
post #3452 of 6250
I've been watching some updates of the testimony today on CNN... Mark Geragos is claiming the prosecution is just running some dog and pony show bs and is intentionally throwing the trial. uhoh.gif this whole thing is crazy
post #3453 of 6250
Judge is going to let in evidence of Zimmerman's school records. I can't wait to see how this will blow up in the State's face.
post #3454 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

I've been watching some updates of the testimony today on CNN... Mark Geragos is claiming the prosecution is just running some dog and pony show bs and is intentionally throwing the trial. uhoh.gif this whole thing is crazy

1. Geragos is a schmuck, but stopped clocks and all that.
2. Harvey called that one first.
post #3455 of 6250
I don't think they're intentionally throwing the case. I think some of the prosecution witnesses have been intentionally damaging the prosecution, but not unexpectedly. There's also the fact that some prosecution witnesses are local police who were maligned, often unfairly, by the national media, had the case taken away from them, and would be vindicated by an acquittal.

I think it's more that the prosecutors, by calling all every witness, even those that harm them, are falling back on the idea that prosecutors represent the people and are seeking justice rather than purely advocating for a conviction. That does give them an excuse to lose, which they should.

It's hard to reconcile all that with them seeking a conviction for second-degree murder, though.
post #3456 of 6250
The prosecution called Zim's school professor to show Zim had some knowledge of self-defense law.

Then on cross West got him to explain self-defense law and apply it to Zim's case to show this was a case of self-defense.

This is hilarious. Every prosecution witness has been turned against them.
post #3457 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I don't think they're intentionally throwing the case. I think some of the prosecution witnesses have been intentionally damaging the prosecution, but not unexpectedly. There's also the fact that some prosecution witnesses are local police who were maligned, often unfairly, by the national media, had the case taken away from them, and would be vindicated by an acquittal.

I think it's more that the prosecutors, by calling all every witness, even those that harm them, are falling back on the idea that prosecutors represent the people and are seeking justice rather than purely advocating for a conviction. That does give them an excuse to lose, which they should.

It's hard to reconcile all that with them seeking a conviction for second-degree murder, though.

Prosecutors have an ethical obligation not to bring cases that don't have any factual basis. There is no factual basis (so far) for Murder 2. They should be reprimanded.
post #3458 of 6250
The prosecutor is skyping with a witness who is out of the area. He keeps getting interrupted by someone calling his computer. Holy lol.
post #3459 of 6250
Headline on CNN right now: Shooter's injuries "very insignificant"
post #3460 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Headline on CNN right now: Shooter's injuries "very insignificant"

A broken nose is nothing to sneeze at smile.gif
post #3461 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

The prosecutor is skyping with a witness who is out of the area. He keeps getting interrupted by someone calling his computer. Holy lol.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/video.html?clip=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.cfnews13.com%2Fnewsvideo%2Fcfn%2FFeatured%2Fzimmerman-trial-pleasants-pop-ups-07-03.flv&vtitle=Skype+pranksters+interrupt+Zimmerman+trial+testimony

This is hysterical
post #3462 of 6250
Instead of Keystone Cops: Keystone Prosecutors.
post #3463 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

I don't think they're intentionally throwing the case. I think some of the prosecution witnesses have been intentionally damaging the prosecution, but not unexpectedly. There's also the fact that some prosecution witnesses are local police who were maligned, often unfairly, by the national media, had the case taken away from them, and would be vindicated by an acquittal.

I think it's more that the prosecutors, by calling all every witness, even those that harm them, are falling back on the idea that prosecutors represent the people and are seeking justice rather than purely advocating for a conviction. That does give them an excuse to lose, which they should.

It's hard to reconcile all that with them seeking a conviction for second-degree murder, though.

Fair points, but I would say that the line between the idea you've articulated (and I realize you're just suggesting it might be an approach they're following, not necessarily embracing it yourself) and throwing a case is pretty fuzzy. Yes, prosecutors are supposed to seek justice. But they do that by making responsible charging decisions, being ethical in the presentation of their cases, and advocating for appropriate outcomes. But their ethical obligations also include being zealous advocates. There are all sorts of appropriate reasons, some driven by ethics and some driven by tactics, to call witnesses whose testimony may not help your case. But just trying the case in a way that gives them a supposedly face-saving way to lose is, at the very least, a terrible misuse of taxpayer dollars.
post #3464 of 6250
When the PC police get involved there is always a waste of taxpayer money.
post #3465 of 6250
Maybe I'm missing it but what's the point of all the DNA testing of the clothes both men were wearing that night?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon