or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 157

post #2341 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

I was just kidding of course.
But the composition of the jury ( if it gets that far ) will have a whole lot to do with Z's fate. Among the most important factors I think.
On that, can we get M and C to agree?

I will agree with that point.

Oh and M you pointed out the flaw in my reasoning which is really appreciated. For what it's worth my stumbling block is I look at just about everything as a math equation. That's a product of my education and it doesn't work so well when crossing into some other professions. LOL.
post #2342 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

I will agree with that point.
Oh and M you pointed out the flaw in my reasoning which is really appreciated. For what it's worth my stumbling block is I look at just about everything as a math equation. That's a product of my education and it doesn't work so well when crossing into some other professions. LOL.

That's big of you Crane's. And FWIW, I agree with your larger point. Zimmerman is a case study in why you should know what is and is not your business.
post #2343 of 6250
Fact: Zimmerman shot an unarmed boy

Fact: Zimmerman was told to stop by the police
post #2344 of 6250
Fact: Trayvon was suspended from school

Fact: Trayvon was a known drug dealer and petty thief.

Fact: Trayvon had a gold grill.
post #2345 of 6250
Fact: Crackas be Shakin'.
post #2346 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I'm surprised car jacking is a legal term.

If memory serves me correctly car jacking was one of the prime reasons for FLA to pass a CCW law. It's definitely the prime reason why out of State people can so easily acquire an FLA CCW permit. At one time carjacking was such a problem that it interfered with the tourist industry so they had to find a solution to get people back.

More gun history. Did you know that the gun control act of 68 was significantly fueled by a single mishap in 1967? Someone was shooting at a can or something like that a mile or two offshore. The bullet richocheted and killed a woman. It was big news because everyone thought a sniper was on the loose and the media spun it out of control. If I remember right the guy who was plinking came forward and said he may have been responsible. It was determined that the bullet matched his gun and I think when it was all said and done they decided that the death was accidental. By then the damage was done.

So where is all this going?

I think you'll see FLA revamp some of it's laws over the Zimmerman Martin case. In particular the stand your ground law. I don't think it'll go away completely but will remain intact if the incident occurs while you're in your home or car. Everywhere else I think they'll adopt a retreat clause. It also wouldn't surprise me if they make it a requirment that you have to be a legal resident of FLA to obtain their CCW permit. I would tend to think as well that they might tighten up their training standards.
post #2347 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

In a criminal court, yes, absolutely. Why wouldn't they be?

Is Garantenstellung not part of American jurisprudence?
post #2348 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

If memory serves me correctly car jacking was one of the prime reasons for FLA to pass a CCW law. It's definitely the prime reason why out of State people can so easily acquire an FLA CCW permit. At one time carjacking was such a problem that it interfered with the tourist industry so they had to find a solution to get people back.
More gun history. Did you know that the gun control act of 68 was significantly fueled by a single mishap in 1967? Someone was shooting at a can or something like that a mile or two offshore. The bullet richocheted and killed a woman. It was big news because everyone thought a sniper was on the loose and the media spun it out of control. If I remember right the guy who was plinking came forward and said he may have been responsible. It was determined that the bullet matched his gun and I think when it was all said and done they decided that the death was accidental. By then the damage was done.
So where is all this going?
I think you'll see FLA revamp some of it's laws over the Zimmerman Martin case. In particular the stand your ground law. I don't think it'll go away completely but will remain intact if the incident occurs while you're in your home or car. Everywhere else I think they'll adopt a retreat clause. It also wouldn't surprise me if they make it a requirment that you have to be a legal resident of FLA to obtain their CCW permit. I would tend to think as well that they might tighten up their training standards.

I just meant more, I'm surprised that there isn't a different legal term for it - say grand theft auto - or something else. Just seems a bit slang for a legal term.

Maybe you're right, but the stand your ground has nothing to do with this case. By reports, T was on top of Z - Z couldn't have retreated.
post #2349 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post

Is Garantenstellung not part of American jurisprudence?

Wat?
post #2350 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Wat?
He kind of predates you, but he is probably the most ignorable guy on this forum.
post #2351 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Wat?

In short, uncle Ben's words to Spidey.
Edited by CDFS - 5/17/12 at 2:11pm
post #2352 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I just meant more, I'm surprised that there isn't a different legal term for it - say grand theft auto - or something else. Just seems a bit slang for a legal term.
Maybe you're right, but the stand your ground has nothing to do with this case. By reports, T was on top of Z - Z couldn't have retreated.

A better term would be just good old hijacking. Hijacking means more or less that an occupied vehicle of some type is being stopped or taken over in a hostile manner. The key being occupied. In maritime circles it's called piracy.
post #2353 of 6250
According to the autopsy, Trayvon was killed by a single gunshot fired at "intermediate range." Does anyone have any idea what "intermediate range" means?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/16/11736208-trayvon-martin-killed-by-single-gunshot-fired-from-intermediate-range-autopsy-shows?lite&ocid=ansmsnbc11
post #2354 of 6250
I just read that some "expert" said that means anywhere from 1-18 inches away... seems wrong though. That means arms-length is "far"
post #2355 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

According to the autopsy, Trayvon was killed by a single gunshot fired at "intermediate range." Does anyone have any idea what "intermediate range" means?
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/16/11736208-trayvon-martin-killed-by-single-gunshot-fired-from-intermediate-range-autopsy-shows?lite&ocid=ansmsnbc11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I just read that some "expert" said that means anywhere from 1-18 inches away... seems wrong though. That means arms-length is "far"

An intermediate wound is one that leaves a phenomena called powder tattooing without evidence of searing. The distance is highly subjective due to many factors. In general it's a close range shot meaning more or less at arms length or closer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon