or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

killing Trayvon - Page 133

post #1981 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

How can you leave happily in a country where carrying concealed weapons is lawful???
Weapons must be reserved to the Police and nobody else.

why only them? because they don't commit crimes and should be trusted before a law-abiding citizen, right? what a joke
post #1982 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Not wanting shit made up is not "defending."
This.
post #1983 of 6250
Here is an interesting story out of Phoenix that resembles this case, only the roles are reversed and the victim is mildly retarded (not to go on a tangent here, although I can't imagine this tangent being any worse than the HOA tangent that lasted for about 30 pages of this thread):

As far as I can tell this is getting practically no media attention outside of Phoenix. Maybe the Hispanic population needs a well-known mariachi singer to direct people to fire-bomb a house (any house) belonging to someone (anyone) with the same name as the perp. Only thing is the perp's name hasn't been released to the public. Yet.
Edited by zatarregaza - 4/21/12 at 10:13pm
post #1984 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatarregaza View Post

Here is an interesting story out of Phoenix that resembles this case, only the roles are reversed and the victim is mildly retarded (not to go on a tangent here, although I can't imagine this tangent being any worse than the HOA tangent that lasted for about 30 pages of this thread):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBjpOh-Wk0
As far as I can tell this is getting practically no media attention outside of Phoenix. Maybe the Hispanic population needs a well-known mariachi singer to direct people to fire-bomb a house (any house) belonging to someone (anyone) with the same name as the perp. Only thing is the perp's name hasn't been released to the public. Yet.
Do the Youtube metatags not work anymore?

More complete story about the above.

This case is quite reminiscent of the Trayvon Martin case, in which an unarmed black teenager was killed by a neighborhood watch man, George Zimmerman, a Hispanic, who claimed self-defence and started a media frenzy about racism and was even commented upon by the president. Interestingly, Daniel Adkins is not referred to in the local stories as a "white Hispanic" although that is how many sources described George Zimmerman. Why was the shooter not identified in the news, but George Zimmerman was? How is this case different than the Trayvon Martin case, which has dominated the mainstream media?

"The whole world fell on top of us. It has been so hard to know that he is not here with us anymore," said Marina Reyes, Daniel's sister. James Adkins, Daniel's uncle said, "He is not threatening in any way. There is no way that anyone could be threatened by Daniel, he is just not that way he has the mentality of a 12 or 13-year-old."
"

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981257118

Does anyone pretend not to know why the Adkins case is not being handled like the T & Z case?

143
post #1985 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I edited that out prior to your post. It was uncalled for.

thanks for that. I've edited my post accordingly
post #1986 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Not wanting shit made up is not "defending." I think it seems like a majority of people do not really seem to get this.

Your argument would be stronger if you didn't, you know, make shit up.
post #1987 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Not wanting shit made up is not "defending." I think it seems like a majority of people do not really seem to get this.

Your argument would be stronger if you didn't, you know, make shit up.

/yawn

Just to play the game, what is my "argument?"
post #1988 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

The guy was known to target black guys...
Why are you defending him anyway???
He was far from being a model citizen..
If he had shot a white guy , none of you lot will even try to defend him..

Why defend someone that isn't a model citizen? Perhaps because not everyone is. When we stop defending people's rights simply because they're not "model citizens" we all lose.

Prove that he targeted because he was black.
post #1989 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

/yawn
Just to play the game, what is my "argument?"

That you don't think it's kosher to make shit up.
post #1990 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Why defend someone that isn't a model citizen? Perhaps because not everyone is. When we stop defending people's rights simply because they're not "model citizens" we all lose.
Prove that he targeted because he was black.

Why was he following him in the first place and for which reason?

Why do you suspect a loney black teen to be up to no good apart from basing tyour assumptions on racial profiling?

Has the kid commited a crime or was about to commit one to be targeted by Zimmerman?

Why his family is now attacking the attorney general through rightwing blog such as Daily caller and Fox???

The tragedy is a young guy died for no valid reasons ..

If a young white guy was targeted by black guys based on the colour of his skin , I will scream for them to be held accountable like the Carr brothers story in Kansas City...

People are circling around that case like vultures to push their own agendas...

The gun crowd feels their right to carry arms around in danger, the black leaders are using it as a political tool to boost their election credentials , the rightwingers try to defend the inept Stand your ground law and everybody is forgetting the death of a young man..

If that makes me a moron ,I'm proud to be one.
post #1991 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

If that makes me a moron ,I'm proud to be one.

I thought we already had this one answered? I'm a moron. You're an admitted homicidal vigilante that thinks only cops should have weapons so I'm still interested on how you would assassinate people.
post #1992 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Oh, FFS, I just saw in the local paper that the local university is holding a "diversity forum" today "to stimulate a critical analysis of what occurred and to have a much needed conversation around how this tragedy has implications for everyone regardless of factors such as race, age, income and parental status." This forum will include, among others, professors of geography and undergraduate students majoring in international affairs, stats/econ, and psychology and Germanic and Slavic studies. Should be an enlightening discussion; I'm very sorry I'll be missing it. Not.

Heh -- can a Human Rights Tribunal be in your future? tongue.gif
post #1993 of 6250
The hits just keep coming.
Lasbar, how do you know he targeted him b/c he was black? Are you basing you opinion on the edited 911 call?
post #1994 of 6250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Why was he following him in the first place and for which reason?
Why do you suspect a loney black teen to be up to no good apart from basing tyour assumptions on racial profiling?
Has the kid commited a crime or was about to commit one to be targeted by Zimmerman?
Why his family is now attacking the attorney general through rightwing blog such as Daily caller and Fox???
The tragedy is a young guy died for no valid reasons ..
If a young white guy was targeted by black guys based on the colour of his skin , I will scream for them to be held accountable like the Carr brothers story in Kansas City...
People are circling around that case like vultures to push their own agendas...
The gun crowd feels their right to carry arms around in danger, the black leaders are using it as a political tool to boost their election credentials , the rightwingers try to defend the inept Stand your ground law and everybody is forgetting the death of a young man..
If that makes me a moron ,I'm proud to be one.

So if a stranger is walking around your yard or a neighbor's yard in the rain with his hoodie up, you wouldn't be at all suspicious? I don't care what color of skin he has.

Why does this have to be about race?

On a side note, prosecutor discretion is a dangerous power, and I think as we've seen in the past, has ruined numerous lives because a prosecutor wants to make a name for himself.
post #1995 of 6250
Walking around in yards? Was T doing this? I'd hate for shit to be made up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › killing Trayvon