or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy fitted/fixed-length bow ties?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where to buy fitted/fixed-length bow ties?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I'm looking to buy a fixed-length black satin bow tie to wear with a wingtip collar shirt - I don't want an adjustable "one-size-fits-all" bowtie as the buckle is tacky and not classy when work with this kind of shirt. Unfortunately my googling has come up with nothing, but I'm sure that fixed length bow ties must exist! Please help.

(My neck size is 15.75" if it matters).

Much thanks! smile.gif

Edit: I'd prefer batwing to butterfly.
post #2 of 15
I got mine at Turnbull & Asser, but looking at their website they don't seem to have the fixed length ones for sale on the website. So either they don't do them anymore or they only do them instore.

I agree that it's certainly a better look for a wing collar though. Downside is that they're a lot more of a pain in the arse to tie, especially if you don't have much cause to practice. I only seem to be capable of doing mine when I'm drunk.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Ah, that's unfortunate!

 

I don't have a problem tying a bow tie snugly without resizing the strap afterwards, just takes practice. :)

post #4 of 15
I believe T M lewin have Sized Self Tie bowties.
post #5 of 15
I believe Sam Hober is now making custom bow ties.

I ordered my fixed length black satin bow tie from Dion Neckwear through Harry Rosen.
post #6 of 15
Sam Hober's are top quality http://www.samhober.com/bow-ties/

They do warn, "Our bow ties are custom made for you in the length, height and shape that you prefer.

The bow ties will be one size with no adjustors.

The pattern making process is a slow one and will often require us making a sample bow tie for your approval.

Please email with your questions."
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

Sam Hober's are top quality http://www.samhober.com/bow-ties/
They do warn, "Our bow ties are custom made for you in the length, height and shape that you prefer.
The bow ties will be one size with no adjustors.
The pattern making process is a slow one and will often require us making a sample bow tie for your approval.
Please email with your questions."

ooh, the Sam Hober ones sound nice and I like that you get a sample tie to ensure the size is good.
post #8 of 15
post #9 of 15
You could also go with the Cordial Churchman: http://thecordialchurchman.bigcartel.com/

They'll do custom stuff, and I'm sure that includes sized bowties.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

You could also go with the Cordial Churchman: http://thecordialchurchman.bigcartel.com/
They'll do custom stuff, and I'm sure that includes sized bowties.


I've actually already tried them and the results were unsatisfactory. :(

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

Sam Hober's are top quality http://www.samhober.com/bow-ties/
They do warn, "Our bow ties are custom made for you in the length, height and shape that you prefer.
The bow ties will be one size with no adjustors.
The pattern making process is a slow one and will often require us making a sample bow tie for your approval.
Please email with your questions."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post

ooh, the Sam Hober ones sound nice and I like that you get a sample tie to ensure the size is good.

emc894 and Antioch,

Thank you for thinking of us.

The sample bow tie is only as needed and will not be offered in the future - without an additional charge....
post #12 of 15
Sized bows...yay!
post #13 of 15
Just a thought, but can't a competent tailor take out the buckle or whatever on your favorite tie and customize to your size. I know tie crafters, for example, can resize long ties.
post #14 of 15

I got mine from

 

http://www.clermontdirect.com/finest-barathea-silk-self-p-209.html

 

They have a matching cummerbund!

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post


 

I've actually already tried them and the results were unsatisfactory. :(

 

How come? doesn't fit?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy fitted/fixed-length bow ties?