or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advise on Hermes mens wallet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advise on Hermes mens wallet - Page 10

post #136 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by antikantian View Post

Interesting thread...
Ask for advice on:
$1,300 pair of EG's or JL's that you'd wear a few times a month: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
$7,000 bespoke Huntsman or AS that you'd wear a few times a month, and only during certain seasons: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
$1,500 Hermes wallet that you'd use multiple times a day, everyday, for the next 20 years: ffffuuuu.gif

sounds valid.. thats why men should go for wallet and watch first since those are things men would use the most ...
post #137 of 171

I don't know...you can't lose a suit. But who hasn't lost a wallet? Buy some shoes. It's hard to lose those!

post #138 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by themodestman View Post

I don't know...you can't lose a suit. But who hasn't lost a wallet? Buy some shoes. It's hard to lose those!

Me! So far at least.. I have the same wallet I bought when I was 19 and will be extremely sad when it finally dies. Sadly its entering its Autumn years I think...
post #139 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by themodestman View Post

I don't know...you can't lose a suit. But who hasn't lost a wallet? Buy some shoes. It's hard to lose those!

I'm 34 and have never lost one
post #140 of 171
Me too. I've lost lots of crap over the years, but never a wallet.
post #141 of 171
this is my Hermes wallet. The Euro coins are for added effect

2212124000043813381S500x500Q85.jpg
post #142 of 171
I will disagree with some earlier posts. It may be just me, but i think your wallet really should be worth more the money inside. After all, nobody really needs to carry wads of cash unless you live in a cash only society/community, in which case I would suggest moving. Credit cards allow you the luxury of only having to carry 100-200 dollars, pounds or euros.

My wallet has lasted me 10 years, and although it looks slightly worn, I want to keep using it even though I have a new one ready to go.

Hermes makes quality leather products and you will likely get 10-15 years of pleasure from owning a quality product. And unlike the $1,500-$2,000 shoes one can only wear once or twice a week, you can use your wallet everyday of the year. Your wallet and your shoes should never look shabby. If you have ever taken out your wallet to pay for dinner, social or business, you know how all eyes on the table move to the wallet.

Go for it. You can do a lot worse than Hermes. And remember, buy cheap, buy twice.
post #143 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post


There is nothing I need to hear from you.


Not that it is any of your business, but yes it is a key to my 328GTS Ferrari.  If I didn' have the car, I sure as hell wouldn't have the key chain.
350x263px-LL-00ee390c_DSCN2881.jpeg350x263px-LL-0e2bb8fb_073.jpeg


 
beautiful car I wish one day i can own my dream car too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #144 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes man View Post

beautiful car I wish one day i can own my dream car too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

What is it?
post #145 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

What is it?

i like the peanut eye SL350 , used to admire this car since i was a teenager

but the car are quite old and from what I heard the electronics are expensive to maintain

so i probably will never be able to afford that ... by the time i can afford one it will be even older

a 2003 sl350 cost 70k$usd+ in Malaysia

a brand new sl350 would cost u 350k$usd
post #146 of 171

Wait a second, wait a second. So I'm going through the old wallet thread, and I came upon this

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/215158/mafoofan-struggles-to-buy-breast-wallet-at-hermes-arises-victorious/560_80#post_3931697

 

Is that where this emotions >foo.gif came from?

 

What's the story behind it?

post #147 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes man View Post

i like the peanut eye SL350 , used to admire this car since i was a teenager
but the car are quite old and from what I heard the electronics are expensive to maintain
so i probably will never be able to afford that ... by the time i can afford one it will be even older
a 2003 sl350 cost 70k$usd+ in Malaysia
a brand new sl350 would cost u 350k$usd

Jesus, 350K would get you a Brunei style squadron here. They don't make the SL under 550 here in the US, but you can get a new one for +/- $90K.
post #148 of 171

Yup, same thing with Asia.

 

In Taiwan, a car costs about 2x the US msrp, whereas, in China it costs 2.5, and upwards of 3x the msrp in the US.

 

Thus, if you see someone driving a Porsche in China, he can easily drive an Aston Martin in the states. If you see someone driving an Aston Martin in China, well, the guy is probably a billionaire.

 

This is one reason why you see a bunch of college age kids driving Bentlys in Vancourver. Chinese parents send their kids to school in the states, and for the money of a Benz, they can get a Bently... why the hell not? In fact, the dad can visit once or twice a year, and drive it.

post #149 of 171
Who the f*ck came up with the rule that a wallet shouldn't be worth more than the money inside?

I never carry more than $50 in cash and see no reason to.
post #150 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphataru View Post

Yup, same thing with Asia.

 

In Taiwan, a car costs about 2x the US msrp, whereas, in China it costs 2.5, and upwards of 3x the msrp in the US.

 

Thus, if you see someone driving a Porsche in China, he can easily drive an Aston Martin in the states. If you see someone driving an Aston Martin in China, well, the guy is probably a billionaire.

 

This is one reason why you see a bunch of college age kids driving Bentlys in Vancourver. Chinese parents send their kids to school in the states, and for the money of a Benz, they can get a Bently... why the hell not? In fact, the dad can visit once or twice a year, and drive it.

 

makes no sense though to drive an expensive car in china since nobody cares about traffic rules or red lights and only 500'000RMB as highest insurance compensation...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Advise on Hermes mens wallet