or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Incotex Price Spike?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Incotex Price Spike?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Prices seem to have gone up on B&S. Did Daffy's raise the price? I'm genuinely interested if they wised up and upped the price.
post #2 of 27

early release price gauging. 

post #3 of 27
Wasn't Daffys $15-25?
post #4 of 27

Prices are up depending on what store you buy them from (I have seen prices form $20-$60 per pair), but it's also called capitalism. Supply and demand will win every time and prices will come down once the supply increases or the demand dries up.

post #5 of 27
Saw a pair for 89.99 today, I've seen nothing in the 15-25$ range.
post #6 of 27
A conspiracy to keep away the poor ignorant masses that's been flooding the forum
post #7 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Prices seem to have gone up on B&S. Did Daffy's raise the price? I'm genuinely interested if they wised up and upped the price.


What did they used to be and what are they now?

post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


What did they used to be and what are they now?

There are at least a couple of threads on B&S where they are asking $90. I remember not that long ago when they were going for about $45 to $65 on B&S. I'm talking about the cotton chino type not the wool pants.

As far as Daffy's raising their prices I don't think they have from what I gather.

Eg: http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/2012/03/incotex-pants-now-in.html

http://putthison.com/page/2
Edited by John Doe - 3/13/12 at 7:10pm
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post

There are at least a couple of threads on B&S where they are asking $90 and up. I remember not that long ago when they were going for about $45 to $65 on B&S. I'm talking about the cotton chino type not the wool pants.
As far as Daffy's raising their prices I don't think they have from what I gather.
Eg: http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/2012/03/incotex-pants-now-in.html

http://putthison.com/page/2

daffy's general prices seemed to be
$20 = cut tags cotton
$40 = first quality cotton
$60 = first quality wool / dress pants

so the B&S prices seem fair enough to me
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

daffy's general prices seemed to be
$20 = cut tags cotton
$40 = first quality cotton
$60 = first quality wool / dress pants
so the B&S prices seem fair enough to me

$90 for cotton? Not to me.
post #11 of 27
Let me preface this by saying that I have a thread on B&S. But this is not written with that in mind.

People are amazing! When you go into a store, do you concern yourself with the mark-up? Be honest, to yourself. You make a purchase on what you perceive to be a fair price for a product that you want. At least that is how I make my purchases. Many people are worried about mark-up versus the fact that many department stores still have these items on their shelves for full retail or at best 50% off if you can get lucky, this still puts retail for many of the same pants on B&S over $185.

Moral of the story, stop bitching about people's mark-up. If you don't like the price,ask for a lower one, purchase somewhere else or better yet, buy RETAIL.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post


$90 for cotton? Not to me.


Where else are you going to get new Cotton Incotex in a variety of colors/sizes for $90 puzzled.gif As I said earlier it's supply and demand. The market makes itself. If no one buys them at $90 then they will go to $85, then $80 etc, until they are all bought at that price and then prices will start to go higher again... it's pretty simple. The initial purchase price does not reflect the fair market value.

 

I have a listing on B&S and eBay. If they don't sell in a week, then I would reevaluate my prices, but considering I'm selling one or two a day why would I lower the price from what the market has deemed to be a competitive price?

post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Let me preface this by saying that I have a thread on B&S. But this is not written with that in mind.
People are amazing! When you go into a store, do you concern yourself with the mark-up? Be honest, to yourself. You make a purchase on what you perceive to be a fair price for a product that you want. At least that is how I make my purchases. Many people are worried about mark-up versus the fact that many department stores still have these items on their shelves for full retail or at best 50% off if you can get lucky, this still puts retail for many of the same pants on B&S over $185.
Moral of the story, stop bitching about people's mark-up. If you don't like the price,ask for a lower one, purchase somewhere else or better yet, buy RETAIL.

I don't think the complaints in this thread are as much about the margins as it is inflation. I also recall the prices being closer to $60 this time last year.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post



Where else are you going to get new Cotton Incotex in a variety of colors/sizes for $90 puzzled.gif As I said earlier it's supply and demand. The market makes itself. If no one buys them at $90 then they will go to $85, then $80 etc, until they are all bought at that price and then prices will start to go higher again... it's pretty simple. The initial purchase price does not reflect the fair market value.

I have a listing on B&S and eBay. If they don't sell in a week, then I would reevaluate my prices, but considering I'm selling one or two a day why would I lower the price from what the market has deemed to be a competitive price?

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

I don't think the complaints in this thread are as much about the margins as it is inflation. I also recall the prices being closer to $60 this time last year.

Re-reading it, you could be right.
post #15 of 27
I may be wrong but I don't think the market (B&S) will go for the $90 cotton Incos considering what I surmise they are sold for at Daffys. There are multiple threads currently on B&S where the sellers are asking $70 or less for nwt Incos. In fact I just bought a pair and am awaiting their arrival.smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Incotex Price Spike?