or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dimples on Ties...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dimples on Ties... - Page 6

post #76 of 89
It is hard for me to knot a tie without a simple and I honestly wonder how others do it. Even if I were able to do it, I'd find it very strange to wear a tie without a dimple. It just does not feel right - feels a bit like lapels what have been pressed down and creased- just strange.
post #77 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebryant View Post

Im curious...
When is the Dimple a MUST on a tie?

Never
post #78 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Near perfection every time - Panta, Charvet, Attolini, Drakes.
Me neither. More than 1.5 minutes, I need to choose a different tie.

You forgot Sam Hober- ESP if you ask David to construct it for 4 in hand
post #79 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicalist View Post

You forgot Sam Hober- ESP if you ask David to construct it for 4 in hand

QFT
post #80 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


The lack of a dimple makes it look like you don't know what you're doing. 

 

My experience is the exact opposite of this. Many people (who don't dress formally much) think you have stuffed up the tie if there is a dimple. 

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post

207


From page two. How are people coming to bump old threads? Google searches?

post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr P00b View Post

My experience is the exact opposite of this. Many people (who don't dress formally much) think you have stuffed up the tie if there is a dimple. 
But those are people who themselves don't know wtf they're doing, so their opinions don't count.
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

9 times out of 10, undimpled ties look like the wearer didn't know how to tie it.

+1
post #84 of 89

Dimples! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

This tie, I don't know why it's hard to get a knot with it, but still manage to get the famous dimple.

 

 

A few others. I hope I haven't repeted one. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #85 of 89
The width of the tie at the knot will determine it for me. Some ties are just too skinny to achieve a proper dimple. The construction of the tie, as well as the fabric, can also play a role in how well it dimples.
post #86 of 89

WTF! I thought this thread was this other one: http://www.styleforum.net/t/347940/dimple-porn/45#post_6399133

 

Confused the names. shog[1].gif

post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

WTF! I thought this thread was this other one: http://www.styleforum.net/t/347940/dimple-porn/45#post_6399133


Confused the names. shog[1].gif

The pics still look great! fistbump.gif
post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


But those are people who themselves don't know wtf they're doing, so their opinions don't count.

I still dimple regardless but to depending on the situation their opinions may be taken into consideration.

post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

That's interesting; I would have said 9 times out of 10 dimples, the wearer looks like he's trying too hard.


Knowing what you are doing is seldom trying too hard. Wearing a bright orange tie with yellow birds is trying too hard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dimples on Ties...