or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 661

post #9901 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Great looking collection. Thanks for posting

I would have thought that the dark oak boot was 82 and not 202


Ok, this is the colour from top to bottom

1st from top on the picture , Last 64E rosewood country calf with shearling suede
2nd , Last 202 E , Almond country calf.
3rd, Last 82E dark oak and walnut country calf.
4Th , this is the Holland&Holland boot on 64F last and a lighter shade of Rosewood.


photo 3A09CB99-B8AA-4121-8DED-B71B54253EA8_zpse1lzvybr.jpg
post #9902 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by prurient View Post



Can't believe these have been sitting in their box until today.


Are those Bordon in Cloud Antique on 202 last? There was one pair left on sale in Jermyn store in my size, but I never saw my self wearing the gray shoes. Though, they look lovely.

post #9903 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Ok, this is the colour from top to bottom

1st from top on the picture , Last 64E rosewood country calf with shearling suede
2nd , Last 202 E , Almond country calf.
3rd, Last 82E dark oak and walnut country calf.
4Th , this is the Holland&Holland boot on 64F last and a lighter shade of Rosewood.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo 3A09CB99-B8AA-4121-8DED-B71B54253EA8_zpse1lzvybr.jpg
So amazing that all 4 of these are the same model. Each one has its own look and purpose. Maybe 2 Galways isn't enough...
post #9904 of 13242

Skoak has one more space left for the exact same color combo and last Galway- Dark Oak and Walnut CC on 82 last ..

It's my favorite leather/color combination for a boot on the last I hate most.

post #9905 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Skoak has one more space left for the exact same color combo and last Galway- Dark Oak and Walnut CC on 82 last ..


It's my favorite leather/color combination for a boot on the last I hate most.

I agree with you Nikola, this is not my favourite last, I would love the same colour combination on the 202 or 64 last with a medway or ridgeway sole! I will visit the shop next saturday as it is the last day before they closed for refurbishment so I will ask them if this can be done.
post #9906 of 13242
^^ That is probably my favorite boot, period. I already have it on order. Sorry that was a response to Nikola's post.
post #9907 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Aha, well, my fault then. I thought those were the old news now .. Thought it could be purchased as a stock model like an 82 or 64 last in a certain color ..


Could we make a group of 3 pair and pay the 202 last as a stock model? Like you are doing with the 82 last?


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Oh, well .. I must have badly understood the skoak sale manager. When I asked him about order of Galway on 202 last, he told me there is a one sport left for a Galway in Dark Oak/Walnut CC if I want to join. He obviously meant on Galway on 82 last, even though I asked about the 202 last specifically ..


Paying the full price + MTO price is just too much only to get the 202 last Galway boot. And I am not much optimistic about collecting 6 guys here over the Galway on 202 last.


But, if someone is willing, let's make the list:


@pandaologist
, would you be interested in 202 MTO ?

That would be 2 of us? We need 4 more ? :P ..

I think Dark Oak/ Walnut CC would be a great choice .. If not, you could propose .. As long as it doesn't have the suede ..

I may be interested but I am do not know that yet. I am interested in either DO/WCC Galway on 82 last F width or 202 last E width but I will have to work out the sizing first. Whoever wants to keep the list please put me on as maybe.
post #9908 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


I agree with you Nikola, this is not my favourite last, I would love the same colour combination on the 202 or 64 last with a medway or ridgeway sole! I will visit the shop next saturday as it is the last day before they closed for refurbishment so I will ask them if this can be done.

I might be in on that if it is on the 202 last and medway/ridgeway sole - if we get enough people of course.  But I would probably not be in on it if it is the 64 last.

post #9909 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Yes. That is exactly why

 

I see. Well, I am really looking forward to seeing the result! I think they will be just beautiful.

post #9910 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Skoak has one more space left for the exact same color combo and last Galway- Dark Oak and Walnut CC on 82 last ..


It's my favorite leather/color combination for a boot on the last I hate most.

I sympathize 82/888 does not work for me either.
post #9911 of 13242

Let's make it happen, damn it!

Would you guys be IN for a Galway on 202 last in Dark Oak/ Walnut Country Calf with Dainite rubber sole? It would be a killer boot!

I think because @Leaves / Skoak didn't have them as a stock model, we would need to gather the 6 pairs for a MTO at a price of a regular Galway boot! Please Confirm. Also, inform us on price ..


@Farhad19620
@budapest12
@pandaologist
@laufer
@Nikola 
 

post #9912 of 13242
Farhad said ridgeway/medway. I know it's a bit of a contradiction with the dressier dark oak but I like it over Dainite and it's what would push me toward 202, because I understand the 82 last can't be done with ridgeway/medway. If Dainite, I'd just go for 82 last which fits me well. Sorry...
post #9913 of 13242

Well, I won't make questions about the sole! I intend wearing them in snow/rain, so Medway or ridgeway may be even better option. I JUST WANT THEM ON 202! let's hear others ..

5 potentially interested

post #9914 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Farhad said ridgeway/medway. I know it's a bit of a contradiction with the dressier dark oak but I like it over Dainite and it's what would push me toward 202, because I understand the 82 last can't be done with ridgeway/medway. If Dainite, I'd just go for 82 last which fits me well. Sorry...

I have narrow feet and require a B fitting. Ridgeway and medway soles cannot be fitted to a shoe this narrow. EG refuse to do it. My only options are Dainite studded and leather.

 

So if we go with ridgeway/medway then I can no longer be in on this.

post #9915 of 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Let's make it happen, damn it!


Would you guys be IN for a Galway on 202 last in Dark Oak/ Walnut Country Calf with Dainite rubber sole? It would be a killer boot!


I think because @Leaves
/ Skoak didn't have them as a stock model, we would need to gather the 6 pairs for a MTO at a price of a regular Galway boot! Please Confirm. Also, inform us on price ..

@Farhad19620

@budapest12

@pandaologist

@laufer

@Nikola
 

 

Should be sweet. I ordered the 82 version but in F width. I may have been in on this version but am going to stick with what I just ordered. Best of luck
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy