or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 658

post #9856 of 14961

I just purchased the same boots that @tifosi did.  I will post some pictures.  I sized them the same as my 888 last, and while an F width, they fit great.  Super deal and they shipped and were received in two days.  I'm really happy with them, as they will be my go to country shoe.

post #9857 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabutai View Post

I just purchased the same boots that @tifosi
did.  I will post some pictures.  I sized them the same as my 888 last, and while an F width, they fit great.  Super deal and they shipped and were received in two days.  I'm really happy with them, as they will be my go to country shoe.
That is great news. Let's see some pics!
post #9858 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

Anyone else get in on the Leffot sale Sunday/Monday? I was able to get these EG Falkirks at 30% off..... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







I've always liked this pair. Sadly, Steven does not typically stock 6.5E.
post #9859 of 14961
A little bit of history of Edward Green from an interview of Andrew Murphy who's now with Foster & Son:

My next step was when I left New & Lingwood to start the Edward Green brand of ready to wear for retail. Edward Green was a shoe manufacturer, they’d never run their own store. So in 1991, when John Hlustik was the owner of Edward Green and he decided that he wanted to start a retail business, everybody around said: "Don’t do it, you are manufacturer, you don’t know anything about retail. It will fail, what you are doing is crazy!" Edward Green was the first factory with its own shop in London. Of course, I knew John Hlustik from my time in New & Lingwood and told him that I’d help him to open the store. There were three of us, John Hlustik, the owner, me and another guy, and we opened the first store in 1991, when I was 23. Nobody had heard of Edward Green and customers would ask: "Who are you? Where do you come from?" We explained that we were manufacturers with a Northampton factory that had been in existence for more than 100 years, that we had never had a shop before and that we made lovely and beautiful shoes. And people said: "Well, yes, they are quite nice". And, slowly, slowly, we were educating people about who we were.

In those days there was no Internet, no social media, you couldn’t advertise for free. If you advertised you had to pay lots of money to magazines and other publications and that was not an option for us. So we worked by word of mouth. Customers came in and we talked to them. They might buy shoes, they might not. In those early days we might sell two or three pairs of shoes a week, and every pair of shoes we sold was a true victory for us, we celebrated like we’d won a cup. Like any business, we had to start with tiny steps, from nothing to something. As we started people slowly began to understand the brand and the shoes, they realized it was a high-quality product and we went from there, from strength to strength. So we opened two more stores - one at Jermyn Street, one at the Arcade. Today Edward Green has one store at Jermyn Street and they have great brand and a great product. Edward Green sell their shoes around the world, they came from that humble beginning, as a retail store, and just take a look at where they are now. Now they are very well known in the market place. I stayed until 2000 when I left to work with John Carnera again.


http://www.pennyyard.com/#!andrew-murphy-interview-eng/ck1l
post #9860 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Can anyone here compare the Galway on 64 compared to the 202? Trying to decide on an MTO an unsure which last to choose. Thanks!

I would get the 202 every day of the week and twice on Sunday before the 64. But that's just me.
post #9861 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

Thanks pretty much will always wear with denim or casual pants so looking at 202 or 64. 

I'm after the Galway in 202. Want to see if we can get some sort of GMTO?

post #9862 of 14961

@pandaologist I really like the 202, but as I understood it would cost 1,080 GBP with a MTO surcharge ..

We can purchase the Galway right away on 64 last for a 670 GBP ..

I'm just not sure whether or not I really want the 202 last for 400 GBP / 700 USD more .. 

post #9863 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I would get the 202 every day of the week and twice on Sunday before the 64. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaologist View Post

I'm after the Galway in 202. Want to see if we can get some sort of GMTO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

@pandaologist
I really like the 202, but as I understood it would cost 1,080 GBP with a MTO surcharge ..


We can purchase the Galway right away on 64 last for a 670 GBP ..


I'm just not sure whether or not I really want the 202 last for 400 GBP / 700 USD more .. 

According to the new EG price list, the Galway is actually available on the 202 last. Had not noticed before to be honest.
post #9864 of 14961

@Leaves Great News! What would be the price via skoaktiebolaget? What colors are available?

post #9865 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post



According to the new EG price list, the Galway is actually available on the 202 last. Had not noticed before to be honest.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Patrik, THANK YOU so much for both your and Gabriel's assistance! Ordered placed this morning for 2 Galways! I am quite excited
post #9866 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

@Leaves
Great News! What would be the price via skoaktiebolaget? What colors are available?

Please e-mail us for a quote sales@skoab.se . You can make it up in any color you like if you make a MTO.
post #9867 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Please e-mail us for a quote sales@skoab.se . You can make it up in any color you like if you make a MTO.

Excellent! Sent an email :)

post #9868 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Patrik, THANK YOU so much for both your and Gabriel's assistance! Ordered placed this morning for 2 Galways! I am quite excited

Deets on the Galways?  Did you go in with 3 for the Doak w/walnut CC on 82 last?  

post #9869 of 14961

@Leaves I have a confusion. Please clarify for us interested in 202 last.

Does the group of 3 pairs of Galways in Dark Oak/Walnut CC refers to a 82 or 202 last?

As I understood 2 pairs in mentioned color/leather are already paid for, one more is needed. But are they on a 82 last or 202 last?
 

post #9870 of 14961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

@Leaves
I have a confusion. Please clarify for us interested in 202 last.


Does the group of 3 pairs of Galways in Dark Oak/Walnut CC refers to a 82 or 202 last?


As I understood 2 pairs in mentioned color/leather are already paid for, one more is needed. But are they on a 82 last or 202 last?

 

I'm not sure I understand. All I'm saying is that, with the new price list, Galway is possible to do on the 202. Before it was 82 and 64 only.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy