or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 643

post #9631 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

My opinion is the instep of EG is not that high. If Vass fits close to perfect in the instep area for you, EG might leave a large 'V' when you wear oxfords.

Thank you for your help. The only place near me that carries EG is brooks brothers. They haven't had my size in stock for the last several months, however, so i haven't been able to try them on. Only been able to go one size up and one size down, but that doesn't help me determine the instep gap.
post #9632 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ Nice looking Galway. Looks good on the 202.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

@jhcam8
wow.gif You, Sir, have some exceptional shoe collection.
Thanks guys.
post #9633 of 14924
that new "edward green, green lining" is awful. Avoid NAMOR.
post #9634 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Don't take my word for it, of course. Just make really sure they give you correct information. Good luck! And please report back when you know more.
I asked them for confirmation, and they reiterated that they can do the Galway on a 202 as an MTO.
post #9635 of 14924

Cool News!

So, what would be the price in GBP?

post #9636 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaologist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Don't take my word for it, of course. Just make really sure they give you correct information. Good luck! And please report back when you know more.
I asked them for confirmation, and they reiterated that they can do the Galway on a 202 as an MTO.

Good for you! smile.gif I guess we were wrong.

@Leaves: I don't think you have the 202 Galway in your current EG price list. Care to comment?
post #9637 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Good for you! smile.gif I guess we were wrong.

@Leaves: I don't think you have the 202 Galway in your current EG price list. Care to comment?
Sorry. I forget the code for the guy eating popcorn...
post #9638 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Cool News!


So, what would be the price in GBP?
I don't have the exact price on me. But it's the base price for the Galway, £830, plus the MTO surcharge of around £200. The shearling adds an extra £100.

So just over £1000 for the Galway on 202.
post #9639 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

Cool News!

So, what would be the price in GBP?

I have the exact price now.

 

£830 for the Galway

£250 MTO surcharge

£100 for shearling lining

 

So a 202 Galway is £1080 without shearling, and £1180 with.

 

Edit: If I recall correctly, it would be an extra £200 to get it in shell.


Edited by pandaologist - 7/7/14 at 12:30pm
post #9640 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

that new "edward green, green lining" is awful. Avoid NAMOR.

it' going on the inside. you'll never even see it
post #9641 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

it' going on the inside. you'll never even see it

I think this argument goes both ways in this instance... smile.gif
post #9642 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I think this argument goes both ways in this instance... smile.gif
Yes...The lining exists as both green and tan(whatever color stock would be) until you take the boot off...
post #9643 of 14924
I usually reserve skepticism and laughter for some of the oddballs on the Alden thread.

However, those bright greenish linings seem more appropriate inside of high heels or an Hermes Birkin. Stick with a traditional racing green, if you must. But that turquoise is more flamboyant than elegant IMO.
post #9644 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I think this argument goes both ways in this instance... smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Yes...The lining exists as both green and tan(whatever color stock would be) until you take the boot off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

I usually reserve skepticism and laughter for some of the oddballs on the Alden thread.

However, those bright greenish linings seem more appropriate inside of high heels or an Hermes Birkin. Stick with a traditional racing green, if you must. But that turquoise is more flamboyant than elegant IMO.

i just like variety. you can have a little fun without altering the appearance when worn. and thats whats so great about mto; we only need 6 people to agree on a make-up. I think on a dress shoe it would be a non-starter since the lining would be visible when worn
post #9645 of 14924
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

I usually reserve skepticism and laughter for some of the oddballs on the Alden thread.

However, those bright greenish linings seem more appropriate inside of high heels or an Hermes Birkin. Stick with a traditional racing green, if you must. But that turquoise is more flamboyant than elegant IMO.
But you can't change the lining color on Aldens... wink.gif haha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy