Rosewood Country is a bit loud for my taste. I would go with Dark Oak all the way + 202 last. Those would be killers. IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 641
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9602 of 205387/5/14 at 12:54pmQuote:
Sorry, but AFAIK thats not correct. The Galway can only be done on the 82 or 64 last through a standard MTO. Any other lasts would require TD.post #9603 of 205387/5/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
They seemed to think they could in the store on Jermyn St. They wrote it all down for me too. Perhaps they are wrong.
What does TD mean?post #9604 of 205387/5/14 at 12:57pmpost #9605 of 205387/5/14 at 12:59pmpost #9606 of 205387/5/14 at 1:01pmpost #9607 of 205387/5/14 at 1:02pmpost #9608 of 205387/5/14 at 1:03pmpost #9609 of 205387/5/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Quote:post #9610 of 205387/5/14 at 1:04pmQuote:
Of course its possible - anything is. But as a single person getting a regular MTO, it isn't. Stores like Leffot might be able to get another deal from EG, since they usually stock up on a specific make-up. However, EG has become very restrictive with what you can change on their models and nowadays possible last changes are pretty few - normally just a selection between two or maybe three.post #9611 of 205387/5/14 at 1:12pmQuote:
Well, a while ago another poster in this thread claimed that the people at the Jermyn Store had told him that it was possible to do the Chelsea on the 888 last through a regular MTO. After discussing it here and checking again with EG, it turned out that this was incorrect and that the Jermyn Store people were just wrong.post #9612 of 205387/5/14 at 1:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoodog
Well, a while ago another poster in this thread claimed that the people at the Jermyn Store had told him that it was possible to do the Chelsea on the 888 last through a regular MTO. After discussing it here and checking again with EG, it turned out that this was incorrect and that the Jermyn Store people were just wrong.
Well this doesn't bode well then. I shall contact them and let you know. The 202 10B was a really decent fit, which is uncommon, so it will be a shame if they can't offer it short of top drawer.post #9613 of 205387/5/14 at 1:17pmQuote:
Don't take my word for it, of course. Just make really sure they give you correct information. Good luck! And please report back when you know more.post #9614 of 205387/5/14 at 4:10pmpost #9615 of 205387/5/14 at 4:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoodog
Of course its possible - anything is. But as a single person getting a regular MTO, it isn't. Stores like Leffot might be able to get another deal from EG, since they usually stock up on a specific make-up. However, EG has become very restrictive with what you can change on their models and nowadays possible last changes are pretty few - normally just a selection between two or maybe three.
Lucky I ordered these last year then - or maybe the year before.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Still Mo' Vass: Two Pairs Size 9.5D US 2 minutes ago
- › How do these look? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Made to Measure Suits, Higgins and Brown Vs Steed 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...