Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 65
Styleforum Top Pickspost #962 of 205978/16/12 at 2:54ampost #963 of 205978/16/12 at 4:13ampost #964 of 205978/16/12 at 4:24ampost #965 of 205978/20/12 at 5:17ampost #966 of 205978/20/12 at 6:18ampost #967 of 205978/21/12 at 5:35ampost #968 of 205978/21/12 at 12:39pmpost #969 of 205978/24/12 at 9:37ampost #970 of 205978/25/12 at 8:42ampost #971 of 205978/25/12 at 9:00amQuote:
Coolio. These are the shoes we discussed in the shoe care threak?
I like the color you've gotten to with these.
The great thing is that with just a little knowledge and effort you can make all kinds of subtle differences to a shoe's finish. And if you change your mind later you can also go back a few shades lighter.post #972 of 205978/25/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by sdolina
Remember sometime ago was a discussion if edwards-of-manchester sells lasted trees or not.
Received two pairs of EG trees from them, seems like these are lasted (according the boxes). Can't see the big differense though in comparison ot the trees.
What do you think?
They are not what I would call a 'lasted tree'. With premium shoes one expects a tree that is more specifically shaped all the way through for the specific last of the shoe. In the case of these two shoes particularly the toe shape is different on the shoes and with G&G you would get a different tree for each configuration. This tree would reflect the shape of the shoe all the way through the toe box.
Although to be honest, I am not convinced that such a truly lasted tree is really any more effective than a slightly more 'general' tree that is well fitted such as the ones you show. It's more of a 'luxury upgrade' than a functional one.post #973 of 205978/25/12 at 9:08ampost #974 of 205978/25/12 at 12:40pm
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 921 Active Users (140 Members and 781 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 52 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 39 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...