or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 581

post #8701 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkanz View Post

Im planning for a pair of MTO Edward Green Shannon, it will be on the 82 last and full dark oak calf, but for the sole im either going for a double or single dainite, woud a double dainite be to beefy for the boot or do you guys think it woud work?

I would contact skoaktiebaloget. They had a similar preorder for a dark oak Shannon, style viii. Might even avoid MTO up charge.
post #8702 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post


I would contact skoaktiebaloget. They had a similar preorder for a dark oak Shannon, style viii. Might even avoid MTO up charge.


I know, but they had 1,5 leather sole on the boot, im going for dainite sole.

post #8703 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Weren't those color 2 LWBs? Even redder, no?

Oh, man, did I get wrong my own shoes? That would be pretty embarrassing. They are almost cherry red. Maybe you are right. Mdubs or mdv posted pictures of theirs. When a I have time today, I will search the thread to see.

They are color 2.
post #8704 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Oh, man, did I get wrong my own shoes? That would be pretty embarrassing. They are almost cherry red. Maybe you are right. Mdubs or mdv posted pictures of theirs. When a I have time today, I will search the thread to see.
I actually respect the mistake - shows a healthy (for SF anyway) lack of complete obsession.
post #8705 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I actually respect the mistake - shows a healthy (for SF anyway) lack of complete obsession.
+1 million!
post #8706 of 10404

I hadn't given much thought to the chukka at Brooks Brothers, but I tried them in store and the fit is perfect. The vamp/toe box seem lower than some 888 shoes (Asquith).  Very comfortable...more to consider when the next discount hits.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #8707 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

I hadn't given much thought to the chukka at Brooks Brothers, but I tried them in store and the fit is perfect. The vamp/toe box seem lower than some 888 shoes (Asquith).  Very comfortable...more to consider when the next discount hits. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





That's a nice looking boot. For the most part I consider any chukka boot a casual offering. But personally I would find it hard to wear this boot casually given its flat welt, single leather sole, and sleek last. Indeed, I virtually never wear any 888 lasted shoes/boots casually. But certainly others see it differently. I have no problem with that.
post #8708 of 10404
Saks has a nice range of EGs on sale on the 6th floor at 30% off ~$1300 which includes shoe trees, so not too bad.
post #8709 of 10404
Anyone own, or have a picture of, a Chelsea or Cadogan in nightshade?
post #8710 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Saks has a nice range of EGs on sale on the 6th floor at 30% off ~$1300 which includes shoe trees, so not too bad.
which models were available?
post #8711 of 10404
They had a Cadogan in a golden-ginger suede which is very nice. Also a galosh model in dark oak, also killer. I think I also remember a Sanndringham in dark blue on a dainite sole and a pair or two of black Troons.
post #8712 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

They had a Cadogan in a golden-ginger suede which is very nice. Also a galosh model in dark oak, also killer. I think I also remember a Sanndringham in dark blue on a dainite sole and a pair or two of black Troons.
Thank you very much
post #8713 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Saks has a nice range of EGs on sale on the 6th floor at 30% off ~$1300 which includes shoe trees, so not too bad.

The problem with the Saks salesmen is that most of them are utter buffoons. Have no idea what they're selling.
post #8714 of 10404
Quote:
Originally Posted by forseti6 View Post

The problem with the Saks salesmen is that most of them are utter buffoons. Have no idea what they're selling.

I will say the SA who helped me in charvet section was helpful. The shoe sa's however had no clue. Last time I was there they seemed to have a wide selection which was nice to see EG, Church, JM, Corthay etc.
post #8715 of 10404
Burgundy Friday on 888 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I thank god every day that NORE has the same size like me worship2.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy