or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 574

post #8596 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscal View Post
 

 

 

 

i agree that in my experience the 82 is a slimmer last than the 202. but i also think that the 82 is a longer last than the 202.

 

pics below for reference. they seemed to my eye to be identical in length. but for the sake of precision i also measured them both and found the 202 to be only 1mm longer despite being 1/2 size larger.

 

the 202 is currently the most comfortable shoe to wear. but i know both of these shoes will stretch with time. and i don't yet know which one will be the most comfortable once they are both stretched and worn in.

 

 

May I ask why in heaven's name you're wearing balmorals w/o socks?

post #8597 of 14918
What balmorals? smack.gif
post #8598 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

May I ask why in heaven's name you're wearing balmorals w/o socks?

lol. just for the purposes of the experiment. dont panic - i didnt leave the house wearing no socks and odd shoes 😉
post #8599 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscal View Post

popped along to the EG factory shop in Northampton today and picked up a couple of pairs of shoes

first off a pair of chelsea in 82 dark oak antique

Beautiful color. But I really like the shape. The tip is beautiful.

post #8600 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

May I ask why in heaven's name you're wearing balmorals w/o socks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

What balmorals? smack.gif
 
 
I think he meant Oxford shoes.  Yes balmorals are a specific type of Oxford shoes with its seam running horizontally along its sides, like this:
 
reindeer.jpg
post #8601 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post

I think he meant Oxford shoes. Yes balmorals are a specific type of Oxford shoes with its seam running horizontally along its sides, like this:

Wait....just when I thought I had it all figured out...
post #8602 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Beautiful color. But I really like the shape. The tip is beautiful.

i really like how the 82 last makes cap toe chelsea shoes look. but with plain toe shoes i think i prefer the 202 last. strange how such a small detail can make such a significant difference
post #8603 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post

so nice
post #8604 of 14918
B
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wait....just when I thought I had it all figured out...
Balmoral = lacing; oxford the style from the pic. smile.gif yeah, sometimes it feels like splitting hair. Things were less confusing when I just knew shoes as "leather."
post #8605 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

B
Balmoral = lacing; oxford the style from the pic. smile.gif yeah, sometimes it feels like splitting hair. Things were less confusing when I just knew shoes as "leather."
haha. At the core of it, in the U.S, it is either an Oxford(closed lacing) or a Derby/Blucher(open lacing) right?
post #8606 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

B
Balmoral = lacing; oxford the style from the pic. smile.gif yeah, sometimes it feels like splitting hair. Things were less confusing when I just knew shoes as "leather."

 

I thought that it was the other way around - oxford=closed laces, balmoral=no stitch that touches the bottom of the vamp (aside from the toecap).  That said "balmoral" tends to be pretty common shorthand for "oxford" and I think that it's understandable.

post #8607 of 14918
The confusion exists in large part because of:

1. Many Americans (and perhaps others) use the term balmoral to refer to any closed lace shoe. The technically correct term is oxford.

2. Many Americans (and perhaps others) use the term blucher to refer to any open lace shoe. The technically correct term is derby.

Many will continue to use the terms balmoral/blucher, and I have no problem with that, as I know what they mean. biggrin.gif

Carry on ....
post #8608 of 14918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The confusion exists in large part because of:

1. Many Americans (and perhaps others) use the term balmoral to refer to any closed lace shoe. The technically correct term is oxford.

2. Many Americans (and perhaps others) use the term blucher to refer to any open lace shoe. The technically correct term is derby.

Many will continue to use the terms balmoral/blucher, and I have no problem with that, as I know what they mean. biggrin.gif

Carry on ....

Righto this analysis is.

post #8609 of 14918
Can someone direct me to a good reference of the different leather choices that EG offers?

I was specifically looking for the burgundy options. The antique burgundy has too much of a mid brown hue for my liking, was looking for something darker and a bit more burgundy.

Nightshade looks like it might fit the bill, any idea what It looks like indoors?
post #8610 of 14918

Nightshade is an awesome color. It is sort of similar to the G&G Rioja.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy