or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 564

post #8446 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Yup, thats always the best way to go. I totally agree.

I think it might be time for me to repost these pictures again, as a kind of consumer advice:

Those look great, hoodog. How do you like the Chestnut Dovers? I have a pair of Dovers in Dark Oak Antique, and like them a lot. I thought about adding a few more to my rotation next month. One pair in Chestnut, another in nutmeg suede, and perhaps one more in Burnt Pine. I'm not sure the lighter colors would work that well, however. Any thoughts?
post #8447 of 14995
I love the dover in almond cc albeit is a acquired taste.
post #8448 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

Does anyone own Edward Green cordovan (crup) shoes?  I am interested in pictures and experience on the subject. Thanks. Cheers. 

I have several pair. Construction and finishing is top notch, as is color matching.
post #8449 of 14995
Funny, I was thinking about Dover lasts a week ago and found this photo courtesy of the shoe fairy

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Left to right: 888 / 606 / 82 / 202 / 55

Guess there's no consensus one true dover huh.
post #8450 of 14995

Looks good on the 888 too...xD

post #8451 of 14995
Aportnoy has no peers.
post #8452 of 14995
82 Isn't bad, either.
post #8453 of 14995
My Dover is on the 82 and it looks sharp.
post #8454 of 14995
When I see the Dover on 606 I think "That's the EG Dover". Like how I picture it in my mind.
post #8455 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

Yup, thats always the best way to go. I totally agree.

 

I think it might be time for me to repost these pictures again, as a kind of consumer advice:

 

Dover, 606, Chestnut (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dover, 202, Dark Oak (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ecton, 888, Dark Oak (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Great pictures with three lasts all together.

 

Thank you sir.

 

 

Quick look, and I say 606 looks best to me.

post #8456 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Funny, I was thinking about Dover lasts a week ago and found this photo courtesy of the shoe fairy

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Left to right: 888 / 606 / 82 / 202 / 55

Guess there's no consensus one true dover huh.


Wow, almost missed this one, thank you.

post #8457 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Aportnoy has no peers.

When I grow up I want to be Aportnoy.
post #8458 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


That is definitely true. I can see that the toe of the 606 is flat across the front and the 202 is round. I think that is what does it for me. Although I found some really nice pics of the dark oak on 606 online and they look fantastic. Sorry. I don't know who's pics these are.


Wow...very beautiful colors...reflects the tip so that you can see inside the shoe =)

post #8459 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post
 
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

Hey, no problems, mate. Here you go, hope this helps (click to enlarge, of course).

 

Hoodog, I have the exact same pair on the left (Dover on 82 in Willow Calf??) 

 

One of my top 5 pair in my small collection

 

 

As tifosi said, the pair on the left is on 202 and in Dark Oak. I'd love to see pics of your pair though! Care to post a couple?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post
 
 

In the current price list I have for EG, the Dover is offered (and possibly stocked) in three lasts: 606, 202, 32.  I am not sure what the stock colors are for any, but I would guess Dark Oak could be one.   If you were to order from Skoak, I am not sure a MTO upcharge would apply, though you would indeed have to wait either for the stock requisition from an EG store or a factory makeup. 

 

I hope this helps.  Cheers. 

 

Thats true, but this doesn't mean that a 202 Dover would not cost you a MTO fee. This is how the official price list works. The lasts noted in the list are all available through a "standard" MTO. However, all the models that SkoAB has carried in the store are considered "stock models" and can therefore be ordered by customers through SkoAB without any extra surcharge. This, for example, is the case with the 606 Dover in Dark Oak, as this is the model they currently have in stock, and the same goes for the 606 Dover in Chestnut, since SkoAB has had this model in the past. The price list should basically be seen as whats possible to do through a "standard" MTO - everything else would then have to be a TD, if possible at all. So a 888 Dover would then have to be done as a TD.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post
 
 

Those look great, hoodog. How do you like the Chestnut Dovers? I have a pair of Dovers in Dark Oak Antique, and like them a lot. I thought about adding a few more to my rotation next month. One pair in Chestnut, another in nutmeg suede, and perhaps one more in Burnt Pine. I'm not sure the lighter colors would work that well, however. Any thoughts?

 

I really like them! As I said earlier, these are basically my "spring and summer Dovers" together with my Ectons, when I need to have a little dressier shoe than one in Chestnut. The Dark Oak Dovers I reserve for fall through early spring.

 

Considering lighter colors, you could always check my Chestnut Nevis pictures that I recently posted in this thread for further reference. The good thing about lighter colors is that the stitching and the apron really "pop" and comes to life, which I personally like a lot. This is also the reason why I am not so fond of suede Dovers - the suede has the effect that the apron and stitching hardly shows at all. Some people think this is a good thing, but I like the EG handstitching so much that I really want it to show as much as possible. I mean, why get a Dover at all if not, inter alia, for this feature. But this is of course all a matters of taste, really.

 

Any thoughts?

post #8460 of 14995
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Considering lighter colors, you could always check my Chestnut Nevis pictures that I recently posted in this thread for further reference. The good thing about lighter colors is that the stitching and the apron really "pop" and comes to life, which I personally like a lot. This is also the reason why I am not so fond of suede Dovers - the suede has the effect that the apron and stitching hardly shows at all. Some people think this is a good thing, but I like the EG handstitching so much that I really want it to show as much as possible. I mean, why get a Dover at all if not, inter alia, for this feature. But this is of course all a matters of taste, really.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts hoodog.

One of my concerns is that, to my mind, light colored shoes seem to only look good with equally light colored jackets and pants. That is, not dark browns or navys. To be sure, all these colors look great when the shoes are photographed just by themselves, or when you only see them with the end of a trouser leg, but I have a hard time imagining how they'd look with the rest of what the person is wearing. IMO, if they're worn with dark colored suits or sport coats (esp if the trousers are equally dark), the shoes "pop" too much and look out of place.

Do you find they have limited versatility? I figured maybe getting one pair of chestnut Dovers couldn't hurt, but I'm wondering if also getting a pair in burnt pine and nutmeg suede would be overkill. I get a ton of wear out of my dark oak Dovers, but I think that's just because dark colored shoes are infinitely easier to wear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy