or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 552

post #8266 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Leffot MTO from 2009 - Galway in rosewood CC on ridgeway, 606 last.




BEAUTIFUL boots
post #8267 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesQ View Post

No need just buy that if you want it..

http://store.westleyrichards.com/edward-green-galway-rosewood-country-boot-5473.html 

Well that is exactly the boot I'm after. Thanks for the lead! I really wanted a grain calf the 64 last but didn't want shearling.

So if I'm a 11D US (brannock), should I go 10 or 10.5 UK in the above captioned Westley Richards Galway on 64 last?
post #8268 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post




Chestnut. nod%5B1%5D.gif






....oh fook me..!
post #8269 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Well that is exactly the boot I'm after. Thanks for the lead! I really wanted a grain calf the 64 last but didn't want shearling.

So if I'm a 11D US (brannock), should I go 10 or 10.5 UK in the above captioned Westley Richards Galway on 64 last?

10.5 UK, not a bad price shipped to US. Does anyone know if what width these are?
post #8270 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

10.5 UK, not a bad price shipped to US. Does anyone know if what width these are?


• Made on an F64 last
post #8271 of 10401
Nevis in coffee suede, 202 last, leather soles and visible brass eyelets? peepwall[1].gif

For reference, see this Shannon in coffee suede: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/05/30/edward-green-shannon-in-coffee-suede-lsw/
post #8272 of 10401
^ that sounds intriguing sans the brass eyelets.
post #8273 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Nevis in coffee suede, 202 last, leather soles and visible brass eyelets? peepwall[1].gif

For reference, see this Shannon in coffee suede: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/05/30/edward-green-shannon-in-coffee-suede-lsw/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

^ that sounds intriguing sans the brass eyelets.

Nevis is only made on 606 last.
post #8274 of 10401
I really like EG but can't seem to get the fit right. I am a 10D US 9E UK in most shoes and I cant seem to get comfortable in 9/9.5 or 9.5/10 in 202 and 82 lasts. I also tried sizing up and width-ing down.

Probably over thinking it but in my opinion form a style and quality standpoint EG are the RTW shoes anywhere.
post #8275 of 10401
There is only half a size difference in EG. What exactly are the fit issues you are experiencing?
post #8276 of 10401
I'm looking to place a few MTOs next month and was wondering if members could give me any thoughts on the following?

1. Burnt pine seems almost identical to hazel, except that hazel is just a touch darker and more brown. But with the color variations I've seen come out of Edward Green, I assume these differences are negligible, is this correct? I have some shoes in burnt pine, but only a small swatch of hazel here, so I don't have much to go off of.

2. I'm interested in having several shoes made from a dark brown suede. Mink seems a touch more brown than mocha, while mocha seems almost black. Is this a fair characterization? I assume mink is an easy color to wear, and mocha is not?

3. The swatch of mole suede I have almost looks like reverse suede, but online photos don't always give it this appearance. Is it actually somewhat rough in real life?

4. Lastly, could anyone identify which leathers are these? One and two. I assume the second is nutmeg suede, but the color looks a little different on my screen than it does in the swatch I have.

If I could get replies from members who have first hand experience with these materials, that would be really appreciated. FME, online photos of Edward Green are wildly inaccurate in terms of capturing color.

Thanks in advance.
post #8277 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrolack View Post

How do you guys think an EG dark oak chukka would go with dark jeans and a dress shirt?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here's a sample makeup from Leatherfoot from a few years back:





One thing I'm afraid of is that they might look out of place with the jeans.  For example, I'm not loving this look (these are Corthays), but perhaps the light patina is more overstated than the EGs would be?



FME, dark brown chukkas go really well with jeans. I don't wear dress shirts with jeans, unless you count oxford cloth button downs, but I wear a pair of dark brown C&J chukkas with denim all the time in the fall months. Mine are the "Brecon" model. It's a slightly pebbled grain leather, so I suppose that helps.

I'm actually looking to order a pair of chukkas from Saint Crispins - most likely in a dark brown - for this same purpose.

IMO, the bigger determining factor is the shape of the boot, rather that the color. Those Corthays look off to me because they seem too pointy. I don't like pointy shoes in general, but with a pair of jeans, I think you're better off with a more conservative round toe, such as EG's 202 last.
post #8278 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I'm looking to place a few MTOs next month and was wondering if members could give me any thoughts on the following?

2. I'm interested in having several shoes made from a dark brown suede. Mink seems a touch more brown than mocha, while mocha seems almost black. Is this a fair characterization? I assume mink is an easy color to wear, and mocha is not?

Mocha suede is very dark brown but I would not say almost black. I think mocha suede is very easy to wear with dark colors even with light grey colors. I do not have any experience with mink suede so I cannot comment on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

3. The swatch of mole suede I have almost looks like reverse suede, but online photos don't always give it this appearance. Is it actually somewhat rough in real life?

4. Lastly, could anyone identify which leathers are these? One and two. I assume the second is nutmeg suede, but the color looks a little different on my screen than it does in the swatch I have.

The first color is taupe almost khaki like color, think of edwardian color but in nubuck. The second picture is loafer in Mole Suede color. It did not seem rough to me it looked just like regular EG suede.

I hope this helps, the suede colors are very difficult to photograph.
post #8279 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I'm looking to place a few MTOs next month and was wondering if members could give me any thoughts on the following?

1. Burnt pine seems almost identical to hazel, except that hazel is just a touch darker and more brown. But with the color variations I've seen come out of Edward Green, I assume these differences are negligible, is this correct? I have some shoes in burnt pine, but only a small swatch of hazel here, so I don't have much to go off of.

2. I'm interested in having several shoes made from a dark brown suede. Mink seems a touch more brown than mocha, while mocha seems almost black. Is this a fair characterization? I assume mink is an easy color to wear, and mocha is not?

3. The swatch of mole suede I have almost looks like reverse suede, but online photos don't always give it this appearance. Is it actually somewhat rough in real life?

4. Lastly, could anyone identify which leathers are these? One and two. I assume the second is nutmeg suede, but the color looks a little different on my screen than it does in the swatch I have.

If I could get replies from members who have first hand experience with these materials, that would be really appreciated. FME, online photos of Edward Green are wildly inaccurate in terms of capturing color.

Thanks in advance.

The second pic is not nutmeg suede from what I can tell. Nutmeg is fairly close in color to Alden's snuff suede.
Mink is a true dark brown suede.
The mole I have is not reverse suede. It is an interesting color: medium brown with some grayish undertones. I like it.
Hazel is between dark oak and burnt pine on the brown spectrum.
post #8280 of 10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Mocha suede is very dark brown but I would not say almost black. I think mocha suede is very easy to wear with dark colors even with light grey colors. I do not have any experience with mink suede so I cannot comment on it.

The first color is taupe almost khaki like color, think of edwardian color but in nubuck. The second picture is loafer in Mole Suede color. It did not seem rough to me it looked just like regular EG suede.

I hope this helps, the suede colors are very difficult to photograph.

Many thanks, @laufer.

The mole suede swatch I have doesn't look anything like that at all. I wonder if EG accidentally mislabeled mine.

In any case, would you say these are also accurate representations of mole suede? They all seem quite different from the color on Brooks Brothers' site, but I wonder if that's because of the nap. As you noted, suede can be very difficult to photograph. At least in these photos (taken from LeatherSoul), the color looks a bit more grey.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The second pic is not nutmeg suede from what I can tell. Nutmeg is fairly close in color to Alden's snuff suede.
Mink is a true dark brown suede.
The mole I have is not reverse suede. It is an interesting color: medium brown with some grayish undertones. I like it.
Hazel is between dark oak and burnt pine on the brown spectrum.

How odd. They must have given me the wrong swatch then for mole suede. I'll request it again. Thanks, @sevenfoldtieguy. Those characterizations were very helpful.

Any additional thoughts from others would be appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy