thanks for the input guys! Sky Valet in DC looks to carry EG... might drop by and see if they have any 6's in stock for a try.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 543post #8131 of 252984/8/14 at 4:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8132 of 252984/8/14 at 4:58ampost #8133 of 252984/8/14 at 8:09ampost #8134 of 252984/8/14 at 8:18ampost #8135 of 252984/8/14 at 8:57ampost #8136 of 252984/8/14 at 9:03am
True. I was just there and stock is very low. But prices are good ($850) for all models they have on hand, and they are fantastic people. Worth stopping by just to chat about quality shoes. As already mentioned, they have CJ, Carmina, Alden, and Loake too if you're so inclined.post #8137 of 252984/8/14 at 10:14amI'm going to Northampton in two weeks and got an "appointment" to check out EG's "rejects" inventory (as they referred to them on the phone). Has anyone visited recently and knows the average price of their calf offering? I know Tricker's and John Lobb factory stores are good for bargains (with pairs often under 200 GBP) but I've heard EG sells its seconds for prices just short of retail. Can anyone confirm?post #8138 of 252984/8/14 at 10:41ampost #8139 of 252984/8/14 at 10:57amQuote:
That reminds me, I need flush metal toe taps.post #8140 of 252984/8/14 at 10:57ampost #8141 of 252984/8/14 at 11:11ampost #8142 of 252984/8/14 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by prurient
I'm going to Northampton in two weeks and got an "appointment" to check out EG's "rejects" inventory (as they referred to them on the phone). Has anyone visited recently and knows the average price of their calf offering? I know Tricker's and John Lobb factory stores are good for bargains (with pairs often under 200 GBP) but I've heard EG sells its seconds for prices just short of retail. Can anyone confirm?
You can pay anything between 250 400 GB£, what else you need to know?
You doing the Mecca tour?post #8143 of 252984/8/14 at 1:46pmQuote:
Thanks for the quote. The few blog articles about "the tour" rarely bring up prices. Regarding the "Mecca tour"... I'm mostly interested in country shoes that can deal with NYC's winters. Going to start early in the morning with EG, then Tricker's. C&J and maybe Lobb if there's time.post #8144 of 252984/8/14 at 1:54pmYou're likely to score 'country' at Trickers and C & J primarily. You'll know that though.
EG will give you a luke warm welcome but if you put the charm on she will warm to tepid!. Lobbs will give you a charming experience but rarely country. That said all shoes are marked up differently price wise and you may win through.
I'm down once or twice a month so if you need a steer just shout.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 43 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...