or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 533

post #7981 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Does the brooks brothers 40% off coupon work on the EG shoes?

Doubtful - I've never been able to use any discount for them.
post #7982 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Doubtful - I've never been able to use any discount for them.

Doubtful for the 40% off card but I did buy a pair of Galways during the last corporate sale.
post #7983 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Doubtful for the 40% off card but I did buy a pair of Galways during the last corporate sale.
The catch 22 of this, is that any SA that you have a good relationship with will make the exception. But if you had a good SA relationship going through steady purchasing, you would not have received the 40% off coupon...
post #7984 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Doubtful for the 40% off card but I did buy a pair of Galways during the last corporate sale.

Good on ya', mate!
post #7985 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

The catch 22 of this, is that any SA that you have a good relationship with will make the exception. But if you had a good SA relationship going through steady purchasing, you would not have received the 40% off coupon...

I've generally had it with BB, although they have a good return policy and you can get free 2 day ship/return with Shoprunner.
post #7986 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


The catch 22 of this, is that any SA that you have a good relationship with will make the exception. But if you had a good SA relationship going through steady purchasing, you would not have received the 40% off coupon...

 

Catch 22 indeed.  I have been told flat out that NO discounts EVER apply to  EG, though that is plainly not the case.  With all of a single shirt purchase to my name, I clearly don't fall into the "steady purchaser" category to merit special treatment.  The EG shoes are primarily what interest me among BB's offerings.  But with pricing above many web competitors, I am not likely to become a more frequent customer with those shoes permanently excluded from all sales.  Catch 22, again.  Thankfully, local purchase options for EG are expanding.  And dealing with service-oriented affiliates like Skoak has been thoroughly and consistently enjoyable.  My experience with BB SAs has been, shall we say, much more variable.

post #7987 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

The catch 22 of this, is that any SA that you have a good relationship with will make the exception. But if you had a good SA relationship going through steady purchasing, you would not have received the 40% off coupon...

The only time I shop at BB is during their corporate sales event and I usually stock up at that time. I bought 3 suits, 3 ties and a pair of EG Galways the last time. That's why I didn't expect to receive a coupon card. Not going to complain, I do need one more suit.

I bought the suits at the store and the Galways online. I originally didn't receive the 30% off but called customer service and the lady gave the discount.
post #7988 of 14840

I came across this and i found it to be an interesting read

 

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/edward-green-shoes-a/

post #7989 of 14840
^^Thank you for that.
post #7990 of 14840
Deleted
post #7991 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Doubtful for the 40% off card but I did buy a pair of Galways during the last corporate sale.
The catch 22 of this, is that any SA that you have a good relationship with will make the exception. But if you had a good SA relationship going through steady purchasing, you would not have received the 40% off coupon...

Perhaps there are different 40% off coupon cards. I shop all the time at BB - some in store, a lot online - and I just got one last week. Good from April 1 - April 13.
post #7992 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Catch 22 indeed.  I have been told flat out that NO discounts EVER apply to  EG, though that is plainly not the case.  With all of a single shirt purchase to my name, I clearly don't fall into the "steady purchaser" category to merit special treatment.  The EG shoes are primarily what interest me among BB's offerings.  But with pricing above many web competitors, I am not likely to become a more frequent customer with those shoes permanently excluded from all sales.  Catch 22, again.  Thankfully, local purchase options for EG are expanding.  And dealing with service-oriented affiliates like Skoak has been thoroughly and consistently enjoyable.  My experience with BB SAs has been, shall we say, much more variable.

To be fair though, the Brooks Brothers price does include the shoe trees. Still a little pricey though unless you can get the discount to work then it becomes a much better deal. Looking forward to Leatherfoot's Edward Green offerings.
post #7993 of 14840

We just updated our website and would like to know what you guys think.  www.unipair.com  We still use Paypal for international orders and we take out 10% for VAT.  If you have any questions please let me know.

post #7994 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

We just updated our website and would like to know what you guys think.  www.unipair.com  We still use Paypal for international orders and we take out 10% for VAT.  If you have any questions please let me know.

Very nice! A big improvement from the old one smile.gif
post #7995 of 14840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

To be fair though, the Brooks Brothers price does include the shoe trees. Still a little pricey though unless you can get the discount to work then it becomes a much better deal. Looking forward to Leatherfoot's Edward Green offerings.

Agreed. BB pricing with trees gets uncomfortably close to St. Crispin's pricing. It will be interesting to see where LF prices their EG line, particularly with the Canadian dollar tanking.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy