Exactly my thinking. I can grab it a few months, a year, etc. but those pesky little zugglets are tough to find
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 6/28/15 at 9:47am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 6/25/15 at 4:19pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 493
Styleforum Top Picks
Ivan Drago style??
Sounds like total commitment to me.
So, has anyone seen fit to commit you yet?LOL
Further to my earlier posts and @VegTan 's excellent contribution, I carried out a highly scientific (!) experiment today to compare EG's country calf (CC) to proper old school zug, or heather gorse in EG-speak.
Side by side below, a pair of 1940s boots made of Beva leather, a pair of second world war-era Lotus veldtschoen boots made of Martin's zug, and the Galway in almond CC. They've all been treated with Obenauf's LP recently to boost their water-repellancy
(Note that Obenauf's and the like can only do so much with dressier leathers and works a lot better with leathers which have a certain amount of water resistance already.)
I left the boots in direct rain for just a couple of minutes and you can see the beading of the water as it hits the barrier of Obenauf's
I then brought the boots inside for half an hour and then compared things. See how the CC has actually allowed some of the water to soak into the leather whereas the zug still carries the water on top
I know from wearing the CC Galways that they look even wetter when the foot has been creasing the boot in the rain as per this pic taken last year
Compare the relative thickness of the Beva and zug
And the relative thickness of zug and CC, bearing in mind that the CC is a double layer, kinda 'cuffed' if you get my drift
It's clear now why there were the 'Country' and 'Highlander' versions as the latter would have been much more of a field boot than the country calf versions, which by comparison would have looked relatively poncey in themselves...
Bonus pic for the boot historians of the CC41-stamped Beva leather ammo boots
Apparently Zug leather is EG Heather Gorse.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 19 minutes ago
- › How dens Kitc he ns For Sa le Nancegollan 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...