Exactly my thinking. I can grab it a few months, a year, etc. but those pesky little zugglets are tough to find
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 493
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7382 of 252983/8/14 at 3:54pmpost #7383 of 252983/8/14 at 4:22pmpost #7384 of 252983/8/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Ivan Drago style??post #7385 of 252983/8/14 at 4:27pmQuote:
Sounds like total commitment to me.
So, has anyone seen fit to commit you yet?LOLpost #7386 of 252983/8/14 at 4:30pmpost #7387 of 252983/8/14 at 4:35pmpost #7388 of 252983/8/14 at 5:19pmpost #7389 of 252983/8/14 at 5:39pmpost #7390 of 252983/8/14 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Further to my earlier posts and @VegTan 's excellent contribution, I carried out a highly scientific (!) experiment today to compare EG's country calf (CC) to proper old school zug, or heather gorse in EG-speak.
Side by side below, a pair of 1940s boots made of Beva leather, a pair of second world war-era Lotus veldtschoen boots made of Martin's zug, and the Galway in almond CC. They've all been treated with Obenauf's LP recently to boost their water-repellancy
(Note that Obenauf's and the like can only do so much with dressier leathers and works a lot better with leathers which have a certain amount of water resistance already.)
I left the boots in direct rain for just a couple of minutes and you can see the beading of the water as it hits the barrier of Obenauf's
I then brought the boots inside for half an hour and then compared things. See how the CC has actually allowed some of the water to soak into the leather whereas the zug still carries the water on top
I know from wearing the CC Galways that they look even wetter when the foot has been creasing the boot in the rain as per this pic taken last year
Compare the relative thickness of the Beva and zug
And the relative thickness of zug and CC, bearing in mind that the CC is a double layer, kinda 'cuffed' if you get my drift
It's clear now why there were the 'Country' and 'Highlander' versions as the latter would have been much more of a field boot than the country calf versions, which by comparison would have looked relatively poncey in themselves...
Bonus pic for the boot historians of the CC41-stamped Beva leather ammo boots
Apparently Zug leather is EG Heather Gorse.post #7391 of 252983/8/14 at 6:11pmpost #7392 of 252983/8/14 at 6:18pmpost #7393 of 252983/8/14 at 6:20pmpost #7394 of 252983/8/14 at 6:22pm
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 16 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...