or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 46

post #676 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I'm sure member fritzl can point some out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoverdx View Post

Thanks for the replies, i will contact fritzl for some suggestions... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For the fit of EG shoes, unfortunately, there aren't too many options in Switzerland, at least in Geneva, they are sold in a small boutique but choice is limited. (a small boutique that sells a variety of shoes, EG, GG, CJ,Carmina, Santoni etc.). For 10 VASS shoes... well i bought them at a good price...

now, i'm under pressure... biggrin.gif
post #677 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoverdx View Post

Thanks for the replies, i will contact fritzl for some suggestions... For the fit of EG shoes, unfortunately, there aren't too many options in Switzerland, at least in Geneva, they are sold in a small boutique but choice is limited. (a small boutique that sells a variety of shoes, EG, GG, CJ,Carmina, Santoni etc.). For 10 VASS shoes... well i bought them at a good price...

I think if you are able to try a couple of EG shoes it will give you a general idea. The 82 and the 888 are probably two of the more common ones so you can have some reference point. If you contact EG I am sure they can provide you with a catalog which shows their lasts. I think a graphic was actually put up on this thread some time ago if I remember correctly.
post #678 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think if you are able to try a couple of EG shoes it will give you a general idea. The 82 and the 888 are probably two of the more common ones so you can have some reference point.
If you contact EG I am sure they can provide you with a catalog which shows their lasts. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think a graphic was actually put up on this thread some time ago if I remember correctly.

looking at a last in person is not even helpful for us laymen. a picture of last shapes, what you supposedly meant, in a catalogue can only give an airy idea of the real fit. just sayin...
post #679 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

This is the EG appreciation thread guys, take your comparisons elsewhere.

 

Appreciation is very relative.

post #680 of 11583

A quick phone photo of a new addition and my first EG... Malvern, Dark Oak, 82 Last

1000


Edited by thewral - 7/20/12 at 11:08am
post #681 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctp120 View Post

Cross-post from "HOF: Label . . ." thread, in case this is the more appropriate spot:
Old Edward Green (Belgravia) for Paul Stuart
I know the top #'s are "size.width.last"
Any clue as to what the bottom # means? Color? If so, does anyone know which color is referenced here?
Sorry if a dumb question. My searching on here and with google turned up nothing, but somehow I feel like one of you will link to what I should have been able to find myself . . .
263

That number is something like a serial number. When EG does a run of shoes - all those shoes get that number. For example, if Leffot orders 20 Westministers in dark oak on the 888 - all if those shoes get the same number. However, if you order a shoe MTO and nobody else ordered the same make-up around the same time you would get a unique number. I believe they are in the high 80,000's currently. Might be starting into the low 90,000's. Not sure when this practice started.
post #682 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

That number is something like a serial number. When EG does a run of shoes - all those shoes get that number. For example, if Leffot orders 20 Westministers in dark oak on the 888 - all if those shoes get the same number. However, if you order a shoe MTO and nobody else ordered the same make-up around the same time you would get a unique number. I believe they are in the high 80,000's currently. Might be starting into the low 90,000's. Not sure when this practice started.

Interesting. Would be cool to be the one with 90,000 or whatever round number. smile.gif
post #683 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

I think if you are able to try a couple of EG shoes it will give you a general idea. The 82 and the 888 are probably two of the more common ones so you can have some reference point. If you contact EG I am sure they can provide you with a catalog which shows their lasts. I think a graphic was actually put up on this thread some time ago if I remember correctly.


Here's a photo of some of the EG lasts:

263

Left to right: 32, 33, 202, 346, 89, 888, 82, 201

You can see some close-ups here:

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/evolution-of-last-edward-green-from-to.html
post #684 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

You can see some close-ups here:
http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/evolution-of-last-edward-green-from-to.html

Totally forgot your awesome blog! Not only great pics, but also excellent write-up on the description and development of the lasts.

I actually have a pair on the 33. smile.gif
post #685 of 11583
^^^Thanks!
post #686 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

Here's a photo of some of the EG lasts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Left to right: 32, 33, 202, 346, 89, 888, 82, 201
You can see some close-ups here:
http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/evolution-of-last-edward-green-from-to.html

are they all readily available in the standard line-up?
post #687 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

are they all readily available in the standard line-up?
Thank you. Can't believe they didn't come up in the search.
post #688 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

are they all readily available in the standard line-up?

No, the 202, 82, and 888 are readily available.

The 32, 33 and 201 were standard in the 1980s - probably available via MTO now, I think. The 346 appears to have been specially made for Brooks Brothers (346 being the street number for the BB flagship on Madison Avenue), also probably in the 1980s. And the 89 was a last made for RLPL, but it looks like the 89 is being phased out in favor of the 888.
post #689 of 11583
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

No, the 202, 82, and 888 are readily available.
The 32, 33 and 201 were standard in the 1980s - probably available via MTO now, I think. The 346 appears to have been specially made for Brooks Brothers (346 being the street number for the BB flagship on Madison Avenue), also probably in the 1980s. And the 89 was a last made for RLPL, but it looks like the 89 is being phased out in favor of the 888.

Good stuff. In addition to MTO, the 32 is available in Japan....
post #690 of 11583
Didnt know that JB - thanks for the info. The 32 is nice, it doesnt surprise me that the japanese would be into it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy