Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 437
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6542 of 253421/26/14 at 6:18pmpost #6543 of 253421/26/14 at 7:15pm
It's felt like summer here lately. I've been looking for some suede loafers since missing out on the G&G's from Barney's.Quote:
My Amex might..Quote:
Thanks! I got a lot of wear out of the few G&G's from Barney's that I got, so thought I'd add a few more at the right price.post #6544 of 253421/26/14 at 7:24pmpost #6545 of 253421/26/14 at 11:29pmQuote:
Totally agree. I'm wearing my Medway-soled rosewood Galways today. Dainite seems to be the default rubber sole of choice for people who want a boot for wet city conditions, but I'd rather the extra tread that a Ridgeway or Medway provide (and they're a lot better on ice). I'm not averse to the idea of a commando sole, either, as it's the most rugged of all the major options...post #6546 of 253421/26/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
I unfortunately didn't ask about the other colors, and am certain about the color of Alderleys since I bought them. I can however add some other info: from left to right they are the Cardiff in cordovan on the 82, hazel Alderleys on the 202, and the Westminster on the 202.
I'll try to get some pictures up of the Alderleys later.post #6547 of 253421/27/14 at 7:01am
I have the Galway of both and would certainly suggest Ridgeway sole! Plus it looks much better with the 64 last IMHO
I do agree with this comment from another post about some other boots.
I love these
boots, but I keep finding the low profile dainite sole is among the worst performing soles in wet, wintry conditions (some of my leather soled shoes and boots seem more secure)
Edited by Farhad19620 - 1/27/14 at 7:17ampost #6548 of 253421/27/14 at 9:08ampost #6549 of 253421/27/14 at 9:26ampost #6550 of 253421/27/14 at 9:53ampost #6551 of 253421/27/14 at 10:14ampost #6552 of 253421/27/14 at 10:16ampost #6553 of 253421/27/14 at 10:27ampost #6554 of 253421/27/14 at 10:42ampost #6555 of 253421/27/14 at 11:04am
I guess I'm glad I'm not alone. I've never found a pair of 82's that worked for me, 888 has been hit and miss. I picked up 3 pairs on the 888 last month that were surprisingly comfortable, but I've had a number of others that were just too narrow.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Spectator Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 20 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 22 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...