or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 419

post #6271 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

Recent damage from the Jermyn St. sale. Alderley in Black Country Calf, 202 last, HAF sole:





Thanks to SF member Jagger_On for the tip-off in this thread.

My only pair of dress boots in black, therefore filling a gap in my rotation. Well, that's my self-justification for another purchase shog[1].gif

There was another pair of the above boot in 10.5E 202, if my memory isn't failing me.
Also if you are a 10E UK in the 82 last there is a Galway in Dark Oak/Mink Suede - this was still available as of yesterday. I managed to restrain myself and not get my 4th Galway.

Beautiful boots congratulations and wear in good health, excellent choice for a black boot.
post #6272 of 14888
Those are a great looking boot, enjoy them.

If anyone is contemplating the Galway in Oak/Mink
post #6273 of 14888
I'm like Ray Charles, got Galway on my mind

Great combo gyasih. What's that white stuff underneath your shoes? I've never seen concrete so white here in California
post #6274 of 14888
If you are serious, good old snow!
post #6275 of 14888
bounce2.gif
post #6276 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

I'm like Ray Charles, got Galway on my mind

Great combo gyasih. What's that white stuff underneath your shoes? I've never seen concrete so white here in California

+1 Gyasih.

A concomitant of the white material, Namor:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=wheeled+shovel&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=35077379244&hvpos=1s5&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1175221641965413874&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6yq3p7o14g_b
post #6277 of 14888

post #6278 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

guys,

I have received a replay from Skoaktiebolaget.

Yes it is possible to order different widths, D, E, G

The total price including worldwide shipping would be 7180 SEK ex VAT so it comes around $1100

Are you still interested in this we would be going for Adderley on 202 last in Rosewood Country Calf on Dainite soles with storm welt?

Anybody else interested?

Since the widths can be done, I'm interested in this mto
post #6279 of 14888
Regarding the Epsom, would you consider it dressy enough for interviews / other standard black captoe work? Asking as I should be getting the Tassels one tomorrow and also have the G&G Oxford from Spoo's recent sale.

Haven't worn a black captoe in over a year and only bought these as I may be interviewed more conservative jobs in a few months and wanted to be ready (only other real interview shoe would be museum calf which I feel is too much) . I feel I could get a bit more wear out of the Epsom and I prefer boots in general. Thoughts?
post #6280 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Those are a great looking boot, enjoy them.

If anyone is contemplating the Galway in Oak/Mink

Excellent boots sir but just be careful, Once I wore a pair o JL and Berluti shoes for a few days in France when it snowed and now I have some marks on the leather that will never go! this could be due to the snow or the salt they use, hence I do not even try and use any of my EG's in the snow, I just cannot afford to take that risk! Enjoy your boots sir and I hope you never have to experience such a problem.
post #6281 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Excellent boots sir but just be careful, Once I wore a pair o JL and Berluti shoes for a few days in France when it snowed and now I have some marks on the leather that will never go! this could be due to the snow or the salt they use, hence I do not even try and use any of my EG's in the snow, I just cannot afford to take that risk! Enjoy your boots sir and I hope you never have to experience such a problem.

Thanks for the advice. This is pure, untouched snow. I was very mindful of salt.
post #6282 of 14888
This is a very nice Combo, Sir!
post #6283 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Excellent boots sir but just be careful, Once I wore a pair o JL and Berluti shoes for a few days in France when it snowed and now I have some marks on the leather that will never go! this could be due to the snow or the salt they use, hence I do not even try and use any of my EG's in the snow, I just cannot afford to take that risk! Enjoy your boots sir and I hope you never have to experience such a problem.

Farhad,

have you tried using Saphir Hiver-Winter Salt and Snow Stain Remover or Saphir Reno'mat. I had a good experience removing stains with Reno'mat.
post #6284 of 14888
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Farhad,

have you tried using Saphir Hiver-Winter Salt and Snow Stain Remover or Saphir Reno'mat. I had a good experience removing stains with Reno'mat.

Thank you for the advice, the Lobbs I don't have anymore but I will certainly try it on my Berluti.
post #6285 of 14888
Folks,

I am organizing the group MTO buy for Edward Green Alderley, here are quick specs

Model : Alderley
Last : 202
Sole: Dainite or double dainite with storm welt
Color: Rosewood Country Carlf
Approximate price : $1100.00 shipped through Skoaktiebolaget

It is possible to order a different width.

So far Renton is interested so we need four more. Let me know if you are interested.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy