or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 417

post #6241 of 12060
Select EGs on sale

http://www.hermansschoenen.nl/collectie.html?cat=4&filteritem=2290
post #6242 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Select EGs on sale

http://www.hermansschoenen.nl/collectie.html?cat=4&filteritem=2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Select EGs on sale

http://www.hermansschoenen.nl/collectie.html?cat=4&filteritem=2290

Thanks. Wonder if there is any chance they take off VAT. Anyone have any experience with this retailer? I'll also e-mail them.
post #6243 of 12060

Does anyone have an EG catalogue of all shoes on offer? Their website is crap. Built in Flash too, yikes.

post #6244 of 12060
post #6245 of 12060
This Tri-Colors are outstanding
post #6246 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post





Thanks. Wonder if there is any chance they take off VAT. Anyone have any experience with this retailer? I'll also e-mail them.

 



Please share if you get an answer - the suede chukkas are very appealing.
post #6247 of 12060

Don't have experience with this vendor, but all european shops taking off the VAT when shipping abroad, the % varies from country to country.

post #6248 of 12060
Walcot, Canterbury and the Grail of Oxfords the Gladstone! I Love the side line.
post #6249 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post





Thanks. Wonder if there is any chance they take off VAT. Anyone have any experience with this retailer? I'll also e-mail them.

 



Please share if you get an answer - the suede chukkas are very appealing.

+1111 keep us posted.
post #6250 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post





Thanks. Wonder if there is any chance they take off VAT. Anyone have any experience with this retailer? I'll also e-mail them.

 



Please share if you get an answer - the suede chukkas are very appealing.

They ship to the US, but don't take off VAT automatically. They referred me to http://www.globalblue.com who they said they work with. I've only had experience with this Global Blue when purchasing in person in the EU and then redeeming at the airport. Not sure how this works with an internet purchase and they didn't seem to want to volunteer the info. I got a very quick response. I was on the fence on a couple pairs, but have decided to pass so I didn't ask any further about the VAT.
post #6251 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


Hear, hear this one on the 606

 

i just ordered this boot also in the 606 last

 

only differences are i ordered all black calf.

 

so sort of like a black 606 version of this:

 

or a single type of black leather 606 version of this:

 

plus i'm a 7F. you look more like a 10 or 11E perhaps?

 

the staff at EG were very helpful. i want the dainite sole, but to look as minimal as possible, so requested the most minimal welt, and also to exclude the middle part of the sole in its construction.

 

was looking for a boot that i could go to war in, come home and get married in, and eventually be buried in. hoping the galway will do the trick.

post #6252 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Thanks. Please do. Generally on GMTO's size and fit are the only things you can change. This still allows the company to achieve the necessary economies of scale. Anyway, I could be wrong and I am happy to stand corrected.

I think we should pause until Leaves (Patrik) gets back from his meeting with EG. I have the order form from EG and the Weymouth is listed as a derby. I think this goes to the descrepancy mentioned earlier. Right now I believe we are discussing the original Weymouth which is an oxford and not a derby.

Group, here are the specs as I see them:

Model: Weymouth I - Oxford (Right now it appears this will be approx. $900 and will be finalized before order.)
Color: Edwardian Antique
Edge trim: Natural
Sole: H/AF (EG double sole which is 200 SEK ex vat upcharge or approx. $31.00)
Last is either 888 or 82 depending upon group vote and availability
Shoe trees (760 SEK ex vat or approx $117.00


Please send me a PM if you are interested please specify size and last.

As discussed before, I can now confirm that the 6 pairs in a GMTO can be of different widths. I asked Chris (store manager of the Jermny Strees store) at Pitti and he verified this. All other specs must be the same though.
post #6253 of 12060
The olive green MTO seems to have died a death, I'd like to resurrect this MTO and I'm happy to drum up interest in it as they really are gorgeous boots



Picture stolen from earlier in the thread. I'd be looking to put down my own deposit next month so if this timescale / makeup is of interest to anyone please let me know.
post #6254 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


As discussed before, I can now confirm that the 6 pairs in a GMTO can be of different widths. I asked Chris (store manager of the Jermny Strees store) at Pitti and he verified this. All other specs must be the same though.

 

Cool. Did you ask if they do boots in zug grain/heather gorse and full shearling lining as MTO or Top Drawer? 

 

Cheers,

SKM

post #6255 of 12060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post


They ship to the US, but don't take off VAT automatically. They referred me to http://www.globalblue.com who they said they work with. I've only had experience with this Global Blue when purchasing in person in the EU and then redeeming at the airport. Not sure how this works with an internet purchase and they didn't seem to want to volunteer the info. I got a very quick response. I was on the fence on a couple pairs, but have decided to pass so I didn't ask any further about the VAT.

 

Thanks for the follow-up.  I'd be disinclined to go through a third party for a VAT refund.  Particularly when so many vendors simply deduct it at the outset for exported shoes.  Appreciate the info all the same.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy