or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 413

post #6181 of 13223

The olive pair is fantastic.

post #6182 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


These are excellent - love the Olive Calf. Great makeups.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post
 

The olive pair is fantastic.


Thank you gentlemen.  Olive is eye catching. 

post #6183 of 13223
Would you by chance have images of the Dover in Cloud? Thanks
post #6184 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

I'm so jealous of that Galway makeup already...



I am not sure if I would really want fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined). My feet are already toasting but nice and comfy in the ones I have which are only lines from the ankle above!
post #6185 of 13223

^You would do well to find a better copy editor before any further spamming.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


I am not sure if I would really want fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined). My feet are already toasting but nice and comfy in the ones I have which are only lines from the ankle above!

 

But imagine a long country walk in the snow with those boots on!

post #6186 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

But imagine a long country walk in the snow with those boots on!

Yes that is correct for the lucky ones who live near the country side and the type of weather they are experiencing in the US I suppose it would be very useful but for us here it feels like spring!
post #6187 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


I am not sure if I would really want fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined). My feet are already toasting but nice and comfy in the ones I have which are only lines from the ankle above!

 

Well, my feet and hands are cold from October til March, so I hope a full shearling lining could remedy that (as far as the feet are concerned). But each has different needs of course...

post #6188 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Well, my feet and hands are cold from October til March, so I hope a full shearling lining could remedy that (as far as the feet are concerned). But each has different needs of course...


They will certainly be good for that reason but you may want to consider going half a size larger then your normal size because if you are wearing thick socks and then some space will also be taken by the shearling lining if it is all the way through!
post #6189 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I suspect the GMTO will fall apart if we all have to order the same width.

Addressing some of the issues discussed above in the thread, standard individual MTO's these days are limited to certain lasts for certain models. I have had this exact discussion with EG direct in recent weeks.


guys,

I have received a replay from Skoaktiebolaget.

Yes it is possible to order different widths, D, E, G

The total price including worldwide shipping would be 7180 SEK ex VAT so it comes around $1100

Are you still interested in this we would be going for Adderley on 202 last in Rosewood Country Calf on Dainite soles with storm welt?

Anybody else interested?
post #6190 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


They will certainly be good for that reason but you may want to consider going half a size larger then your normal size because if you are wearing thick socks and then some space will also be taken by the shearling lining if it is all the way through!

 

Thanks a lot for the advice, Farhad! I find it funny, though, that one should size up when a more substantial lining like shearling is used - surely the last the boot is made on is the same, and hence the inside volume of the boot will be the same? However, with unlined shoes, and especially loafers, I guess it makes good sense to size down, since the shoe will be more likely to stretch, given there's only one layer of leather (let alone issues of heel slipping in loafers).

 

Anyway, it still remains to be proven wether EG will do a full shearling lining or not. I hope they will be willing to do it, should I consider placing the order as a top drawer - but I fear that they're just as conservative at this point as C&J are in their "no shearling"-politic :confused: We shall see, though!

post #6191 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Thanks a lot for the advice, Farhad! I find it funny, though, that one should size up when a more substantial lining like shearling is used - surely the last the boot is made on is the same, and hence the inside volume of the boot will be the same? However, with unlined shoes, and especially loafers, I guess it makes good sense to size down, since the shoe will be more likely to stretch, given there's only one layer of leather (let alone issues of heel slipping in loafers).

Anyway, it still remains to be proven wether EG will do a full shearling lining or not. I hope they will be willing to do it, should I consider placing the order as a top drawer - but I fear that they're just as conservative at this point as C&J are in their "no shearling"-politic confused.gif  We shall see, though!

Thank you for the input sir, I thought I would only suggest, anyone know why C&J have a "no shearling"-policy? as far as conservative goes IMHO EG would score the higher point!

As far as my Galway boots go, I could not be happier!


photo FF2316D8-AA71-4A6A-83D6-B07EB9EDCD30_zpsh1icrdms.jpg
post #6192 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


Thank you for the input sir, I thought I would only suggest, anyone know why C&J have a "no shearling"-policy? as far as conservative goes IMHO EG would score the higher point!

As far as my Galway boots go, I could not be happier!


photo FF2316D8-AA71-4A6A-83D6-B07EB9EDCD30_zpsh1icrdms.jpg

 

And I can understand why! A grain (preferably zug) and suede combo is exactly what I'm after - it looks superb! 64 last?

post #6193 of 13223
EG Ancel:
Untitled
post #6194 of 13223
Quote:
I think we should pause until Leaves (Patrik) gets back from his meeting with EG. I have the order form from EG and the Weymouth is listed as a derby. I think this goes to the descrepancy mentioned earlier. Right now I believe we are discussing the original Weymouth which is an oxford and not a derby.

Group, here are the specs as I see them:

Model: Weymouth I - Oxford (Right now it appears this will be approx. $900 and will be finalized before order.)
Color: Edwardian Antique
Edge trim: Natural
Sole: H/AF (EG double sole which is 200 SEK ex vat upcharge or approx. $31.00)
Last is either 888 or 82 depending upon group vote and availability
Shoe trees (760 SEK ex vat or approx $117.00

damn, wish I could get in on this. unfortunately, having a 9 mo baby puts me at a financial disadvantage. as for the last, the pic I posted from Leffot was on the 888 last, but since I don't own any EG's I can't give my opinion on which last is better.
post #6195 of 13223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Gus, is that an old MTO or a top drawer? I have Weymouth listed from EG as on the 82 last and they really don't let people change lasts anymore, even for single MTO's, only top drawer.

MTO, 2 yrs ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy