or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 383

post #5731 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Earthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of money

 

If this is true, then it is very uncool... 

post #5732 of 9797

Guys, you might remember these boots I bought a while ago on ebay for a song.


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTM0NzI0MTMwNTIwMmE0NjU1NzA3YTA1MjBkMTc3NzhjYWQwfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8xNy8xMyA3OjQxIEFN

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTc0NzI0NjAwNTE2NmQ0MTBjOWM3YTA1MjBkMTcxZDgzZjg0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTM0NzI0NzQwNTE2MWZmY2QzZDNhZDA1MjBkMTc5MGQ5MGE4fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTI1YTAyNTQwNTFmODA0Yzg5NzYzNjA1MjBkMTc5NTM2YjQ3fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yNS8xMyAxMTowNiBQTQ==

 

 

 

I sent them off for refurbishment right away, and after six weeks (they quoted me 8-10 when I sent them) I received them from the factory. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the result - they'll be my new rainy day boots. I was also positively surprised that they had gladly rebranded them as EG (the Asprey company is no longer around, I reckon).


 

Let the porn begin... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

BTW, it's my first pair of EG :bounce2: 

post #5733 of 9797

^^^ That turned out rather well - congrats!

post #5734 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Guys, you might remember these boots I bought a while ago on ebay for a song.


  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTM0NzI0MTMwNTIwMmE0NjU1NzA3YTA1MjBkMTc3NzhjYWQwfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8xNy8xMyA3OjQxIEFN

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTc0NzI0NjAwNTE2NmQ0MTBjOWM3YTA1MjBkMTcxZDgzZjg0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTM0NzI0NzQwNTE2MWZmY2QzZDNhZDA1MjBkMTc5MGQ5MGE4fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTI1YTAyNTQwNTFmODA0Yzg5NzYzNjA1MjBkMTc5NTM2YjQ3fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yNS8xMyAxMTowNiBQTQ==



I sent them off for refurbishment right away, and after six weeks (they quoted me 8-10 when I sent them) I received them from the factory. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the result - they'll be my new rainy day boots. I was also positively surprised that they had gladly rebranded them as EG (the Asprey company is no longer around, I reckon).


  Let the porn begin... (Click to show)















AppleMark





BTW, it's my first pair of EG bounce2.gif  


Very nice indeed. How much did EG charge for the resole?
post #5735 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

If this is true, then it is very uncool... 

I just saw the listing and he says he's selling it at cost. So....?
post #5736 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


Very nice indeed. How much did EG charge for the resole?

 

162 pounds (VAT included, but shipping excluded). A bit steep, but on the flip side I've got a pair of as-good-as-new EGs for around 420 pounds...

post #5737 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


I just saw the listing and he says he's selling it at cost. So....?

 

Ok, then it turns out not be true, right? So...?

post #5738 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

I just saw the listing and he says he's selling it at cost. So....?

People have different definitions of cost

I for one am still trying to figure out how you translate 402 pounds to $670 when pound tanking end of July

That said I don't mind paying more than original purchase price, just don't say it's at cost if it isn't. My Lindricks came with a $299.99 price tag but I didn't mind paying $600 for them
post #5739 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Earthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of money
Whoa. This certainly IMHO is a little aggressively uncalled for.
Yes, Farhad was kind enough to proxy these for me and I am passing them on at the same cost + Shipping.
I don't get how "I am a piece of Shit" , ( or selling them at a profit). Damn.
post #5740 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

People have different definitions of cost

I for one am still trying to figure out how you translate 402 pounds to $670 when pound tanking end of July

That said I don't mind paying more than original purchase price, just don't say it's at cost if it isn't. My Lindricks came with a $299.99 price tag but I didn't mind paying $600 for them

You mean 299 pounds, right?

Malford was kind enough to proxy a pair of Westminsters for me at 295 pounds + shipping. I'm going to put it up on the forum for the same price as the fit is a bit too small for me.

But yeah, I do agree that if a member is kind enough to proxy an item for you with no additional proxy fee then it's best not to flip it for a profit. I like SF because there is a sense of community and helping out. But if a member proxys something for you and charges a proxy fee, then flipping isn't out f the question.

The whole point is that it's not appropriate to profit of off somebody's goodwill gesture (i.e. proxying for free).
post #5741 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

162 pounds (VAT included, but shipping excluded). A bit steep, but on the flip side I've got a pair of as-good-as-new EGs for around 420 pounds...

It appears they did a very nice job.
post #5742 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

lol, noted.

btw love the boots in your sig. shannon on 888


Thanks Namor - too bad I don't wear an 11 - the navy Bamfords are sweet.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/35/35215e6f_T2eC16JoFIeq8BJ7PBSQjg54JJg60_57.jpeg

The Shannons are a wee bit wide, but rather than give them away I guess I'll experiment with some insoles, etc.
post #5743 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


It appears they did a very nice job.

 

Indeed, they did! Wearing them today...

 

(crappy iPhone pic, sorry)

post #5744 of 9797

 

 

 

Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Thanksgiving  Galway Sale!  We are taking %20 off plus our usual %10 VAT.  Shipping costs vary on country.  It will run until Tuesday night here in Seoul.  Please pm me with any questions.  Midnight, Dark Oak, Olive 82 last F


Edited by unipair guy - 11/28/13 at 4:16am
post #5745 of 9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Thanksgiving  Galway Sale!  We are taking %20 off plus our usual %10 VAT.  Shipping costs vary on country.  It will run until Tuesday night here in Seoul.  Please pm me with any questions.  

Any on the 64 last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy